shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131588 - 22/01/07 07:15 PM Rydin Solo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well this is my first post so I am not sure how you guys post pictures on here otherwise I would post some.
I just got back from a long road trip where on the way from Tahoe to Mammoth I found a snow covered road and just had fun. I found Levithon Mine road on a map and it sounded interesting. I had chains (which i eventually used). I tryed to be prepared as well as I can. Any tips other than dont do it for going out on your own? (I got back and heard crap from a bunch of people of how dangerous it was...non off-road people but still...)

#131589 - 22/01/07 07:38 PM Re: Rydin Solo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dang it boy! Leviathon Mine Road! In the winter! Chains! Rabid, morphing, Bedouwin, dwarf personal trainers with poison darts! Why didn't you call?! Oh, yeah, I was working. Dang!

Glad you made it back ok. How was the skiing? Check the "pictures" section. There is a how to area for posting pictures. Tell your folks I said, "word."

#131590 - 22/01/07 07:48 PM Re: Rydin Solo
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Let people know where you're going, times and whatnot just in case.

Search for what to take:
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000297

Besides the common parts, tools, supplies, gear, food, water, etc nice to have communications devices like a CB, HAM, cell phone, etc just in case you need to reach out and a GPS to keep on track.

Winch, jacks, straps, shovel, recover gear can go along way in getting you unstuck

Other than that its more enjoyable to have company outdoors

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal