shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131597 - 09/12/04 04:30 PM HELP: What trails to run in Anza and only two days to do it
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Hello from up north.

Question.....I am doing a two week trip that will be full of scenic off roading on easy to moderate trails (I have a stock X) through Socal to Arizona and back. Hitting places like Death Valley.....Sedona....Anza Borego...Joshua Tree.

If you had two days in Anza Borego and wanted to run a trail safe enough to do in a stock X yet provide amazing scenery what would you guys and gals run? I figure this is the place to ask since I see your Dec run is to Anza and I know you guys have been there countless times before.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks

#131598 - 09/12/04 09:08 PM Re: HELP: What trails to run in Anza and only two days to do it
dhsundance Offline

Loc: San Diego
I really enjoy the Smuggler's Cave/ Elliot Mine trails off the In Ko Pah exit at Interstate 8. The trail is perfect for stockers and the scenery is excellent. You literally can drive within feet of the border with Mexico.

Another great area is Canyon Sin Nomber/ Hueso Creek/ Arroyo Tapiado. This trail can take you to the Mud Caves which are a fun little hike.

In the northern part of the park I really Grapevine Canyon/ Jesper Trail.

There's also driving in the washes/ Badlands along the S-22. This is like Fonts Point Wash/ Arroyo Salado.

If you want some company there are several SCCX members who love to head out there any time.

Dave

#131599 - 10/12/04 10:07 AM Re: HELP: What trails to run in Anza and only two days to do it
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Thanks for the heads up on trails to hit. I just may like some company ....just not sure what days I will be down there exactly yet. Once I get closer and I have a detailed trip plan laid out I will repost here for anyone that would like to meet up with me. Only problem is more then likely I will be there during the middle of the week.

Thanks again

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal