shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131687 - 02/02/04 11:02 AM Reliable Service Requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am tired of Dealers. Does anyone have a trustworthy talented mechanic that can do simple and major things for an X? THings like replacing the timing belt, head gasket, intake or exhaust manifold gasket, alightment.

Any opinions on Dealers are welcomed.

Kearney Mesa Mossy is not okay. They fixed a tranny leak that was a real seal or something but failed to tighten the bolts on the cross member. I realized they were loose because I noticed this new sound after it was supposedly fixed. Took it back and they fixed it. Upon pikcing it up the tech fetched my car and reved it WAY HIGH thinking I would not notice then drove it to me but I heard it. I told him WTF!!! Reported him to his boss. Be warned about that place.

#131688 - 02/02/04 11:34 AM Re: Reliable Service Requested
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Try Mossy in El Cajon and ask to speak with John (who's the shop foreman) and/or Jim (he's the best mechanic there and the only one who touches my truck aside from John).
Get one of them to work on your truck.

I understand bad dealership experiences (and especially at some of the other Mossy's), but these guys are the exceptions to the rule, trust me.

#131689 - 02/02/04 12:37 PM Re: Reliable Service Requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

What ever you do, do not take it to Mossy in National City! [ThumbsDown] They blow ass. Thats all I have to say about that.

#131690 - 02/02/04 01:33 PM Re: Reliable Service Requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
Try Mossy in El Cajon and ask to speak with John (who's the shop foreman) and/or Jim (he's the best mechanic there and the only one who touches my truck aside from John).
Get one of them to work on your truck.

I understand bad dealership experiences (and especially at some of the other Mossy's), but these guys are the exceptions to the rule, trust me.
Thanks! I'll give it consideration.

#131691 - 02/02/04 08:56 PM Re: Reliable Service Requested
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
I got my X from Mossy of El Cajon and have never had any bad experiences with regards to repairs and service. [ThumbsUp]

#131692 - 05/02/04 11:22 PM Re: Reliable Service Requested
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about for alignment, change oil (I can do it but too lazy) and regular maintenance?

National City: Bummer! Cause I'm really close to it.

Kearny Mesa: Sucks! Cause that's where I got my X!

El Cajon? confused

#131693 - 06/02/04 10:09 AM Re: Reliable Service Requested
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Up until recently, my aunt was a service manager for several years at Mossy El Cajon.

The only reason she's not still there is another dealership offered her nearly twice her salary to change. Mossy EC is actively campaigning to get her back.

I know everyone in that service department and if you get John or Jim (previously mentioned) to work on your truck, you won't be sorry. And yes, they're great even for reg. maintenance. I still going there for everything and trust those guys implicitly...and I'm a freak about my truck.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal