shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131725 - 20/12/06 09:20 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lardog:
Hey Bobby,
Kim and I are thinking about heading down to Baja for a few days of camping. Check out the link.
http://www.guadalupe-canyon.com/

Check it, its a 35 mile off-road trek to the campsite. Its not DV, but it looks like a good alternate.

Cheers,
Larry
I have some friends that really like that place.

I can't remember the name of it, but as you pass through the Guadalupe Valley on the way to the springs, there are a bunch of wineries. Most are kind of lame, but there's one run by some expats that is really sweet. It's like a restored villa with a handful of rooms, horses, a pool, killer courtyard and more. I shot my friends wedding there a few years ago. We've always talked about going back.

#131726 - 21/12/06 01:26 AM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn I have duty on the 26th. Let me know if your dates change I may be able to go with all of you.

[drink]

#131727 - 21/12/06 03:31 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still no word on availablity. Bobby, how were your ribs last night. I was running w/SJ and saw your X out front of the rib company.

If we dont here from this guy regarding campsites, we may just bonzi down anyway just to check it out. We can always find a place to camp, especially in Baja.

#131728 - 21/12/06 03:48 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, was that you calling on his phone? I couldn't hear anything; sorry 'bout that.

Actually, I was in Limericks having a pint and a big 'ol double burger slathered in rashers, bleu cheese, spicy slaw...sorry. having a moment. (pausing to wipe a tear of joy from my eye caused by that memory.)

#131729 - 21/12/06 04:52 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok finally got word, they are all sold out until 1/23/07. According to Rob (the reservation guy), there are plenty of camping spots close by. He recommended stoping by and perhaps taking a hike into the falls, or just come by and check things out. If it looks good, it would make for a great club run.

Yeah, that was me calling. That burger sounds good, espcially after drinking down in Sunset last night. [Too much XOC]

So anyone up for a Baja run????

#131730 - 21/12/06 06:28 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bobby,
I need a road trip! Mud! Snow! Yes! Details - post details! 619 244-8806.

Also on the "cracks" - do you notice the windshield washer/squirter things on the hood shaking around? The hood latch is cracked because of the broken body welds at the corner panel/engine compartment/front cab connection.

And Larry, I was camping just outside of Guadalupe Cyn for last year's CODE races. I wheeled into Guadalupe Canyon and it is a fun place but the guy working the shack/Tecate bar told me to avoid holiday times.

#131731 - 21/12/06 07:28 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Bobby, I might be up for a mini-expedition. I've been keepin' an eye on this string to see where the bottle stops spinning. Let me know where were going and when. Haven't made arrangements at the salt mine, but I don't think they'd mind.
Randy

#131732 - 21/12/06 08:05 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Tom,
I am right there with ya, I need a little R&R, camp, off-road, something. Thanks for the advice on the canyon. Still craving a Baja run though. Might just head south for a day or so and wherever I end up. Campo Relaxo..

Speaking of cracks....I've got one working its way up on the plastic on my speedometer cluster. Anyone heard of that???

#131733 - 22/12/06 10:11 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

All right peeps. Yes, I called you peeps.

I'm still feeling DV. While the thought of Moab had crossed my mind and not completely escaped, I really do love DV this time of year. Or any other, for that fact.

The plan is still fast and loose. Leave the 26th, come home when the mood hits, 30th, 31st, something like that. Maybe earlier.

I'm still thinking roaming and staying out in the backcountry. Though, I'm not opposed to heading to Stovepipe if the weather starts to really suck and base camping there (near the bar). laugh

Tom and Randy, you still thinking of going? Frank, have you landed that big deal and freed up a bunch of time from the man? Anyone else feel like photographing the great outdoors?

Another thought. Have spoken to a few others who have to work that week but might be into something Fri and Sat. Might be fun to come back early and head to Big Bear, run Rattlesnake Canyon or 3N08 in the snow? Hmmm.

I'm Xmas shopping and doing a pre-flight on the X tomorrow. Call me or check in here if you've got any thoughts.

B.

#131734 - 23/12/06 08:09 AM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bobby, I won't be going. You have fun and be safe.

#131735 - 23/12/06 03:28 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AV Xterra:
Bobby, I won't be going. You have fun and be safe.
Dan, say it ain't so.

So far it's looking like Tom, Randy and me.

The plan is shaping up to look like a meet in Baker around two-ish on 12/26. From there, head into DV from the south. Start checking things out, head from place to place and maybe dinner and final supplies in Stovepipe.

Will post more as things pop up.

#131736 - 23/12/06 07:31 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bobby, as much as I wanted to go on this, I don't think I'll be able to this time. That deal I've been struggling with at work is cratering, but I still need to be there at least Tues and Wed. At least some good news this week: I finally got my front tow hook situation resolved.

Hoping to head out to Anza Borrego tomorrow for a bit of exploring. It's the one year anniversary of buying my X, seems appropriate.

Have a great time, looking forward to seeing some photos.

#131737 - 25/12/06 08:43 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bobby
Tried phoning you today...still goin'? Tom still goin'?
I'm planning on leaving here around 1030hrs.
Let me kow what's up.
Cell: 619-347-1490
2m: 144.33 simplex
70cm: win system
frs: 12-24
Randy

#131738 - 25/12/06 10:15 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trip is on. Rolling from LB around 10-ish. Just have to hit the store in the a.m. and I'm ready to go.

#131739 - 31/12/06 09:00 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great trip! Here's a link to the photos.
http://web.mac.com/tom.dlugo/iWeb/Site

#131740 - 01/01/07 06:14 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tom,....."that's amaaazing!" Huell would be fond of....I mean proud of you! I had no idea you took so many pictures. Nice shots too!
Randy

#131741 - 01/01/07 06:35 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great pictures Tom. I have a question. In the picture titled "Start of Goler Canyon" there is something in the sky. What is it? First the Oroflamme Mountain Ghost Lights and now the Goler Canyon UFO. Paranormal activity seems to follow you around dude. Anyway, if the photo is hi-res blow it up and check it out.

#131742 - 01/01/07 08:41 PM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mitch,
Paranormal/abnormal, I welcome it all! But I did have this freaky feeling that every night something was watching me.
Maybe it was extra strong in Goler Cyn because of Charlie and his clan.

#131743 - 02/01/07 07:21 AM Re: Death Valley
Anonymous
Unregistered

Could be, rumor has it that Charlie was out there looking for a secret passage to an underground world where he could hide until the race war was over. Pretty creepy stuff.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal