shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131754 - 18/05/07 07:23 PM June 9 - 10: Big Bear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: "xtoolbox"
We moved this up one weekend since the IE Big Bear Fest with 250+ trucks is on our normal one. Always a great time up in the mts, challenging trails, camping, night run, something for everyone wink

General Meet 6/9: Fawnskin Fire station at 10am

Group camping sat night: Juniper Springs (2n64Y) Entrance ~ MM 41 off SR38 close to the night run

6/9 Day Runs: Gold Mt (moderate to difficult on the advance loop which is optional) , Jacob Cyn (Moderate) and John Bull Trail; 3n10 (Moderate 1st half, difficult 2nd part which is optional)

6/9 Night run: Onyx & Heartbeat Ridge Summit Trail; 2N61 to 2N70 (Moderate)

6/10 Early morning fishing, Holcomb creek; 3n93 & Dish Pan Springs Trail; 2N26Y to 3N34 (Difficult)

Sliders, upgraded tires, and some lift recommended for both days but possible near stock minus the step rails for Saturday. The Sunday runs are for modified trucks only; lift, skids, larger tires, rear locker recommended.

Please post up if your interested, have some other ideas, trails, etc. Lets have a big cookout on saturday night.

Brian

#131755 - 20/05/07 09:45 PM Re: June 9 - 10: Big Bear
Anonymous
Unregistered

We'll be there of course. laugh

I'll have to watch the weather as the "wonder dog" doesn't do too well in the heat. Something about a ten pound dog inside of ten pounds of hair doesn't do well in the summer heat.

I'm debating on getting new tires ... might make the Sunday run and try to blow one of the stockers up to motivate me. :p

#131756 - 21/05/07 08:33 PM Re: June 9 - 10: Big Bear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulXyZ:
We'll be there of course. laugh

I'll have to watch the weather as the "wonder dog" doesn't do too well in the heat. Something about a ten pound dog inside of ten pounds of hair doesn't do well in the summer heat.

I'm debating on getting new tires ... might make the Sunday run and try to blow one of the stockers up to motivate me. :p
Get Evil John to help you.

#131757 - 06/06/07 06:02 PM Re: June 9 - 10: Big Bear
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess we need to bump this. Is this still current information?

#131758 - 08/06/07 06:59 PM Re: June 9 - 10: Big Bear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Afirm - looks like a go.

I'm assuming that Fawnskin is SO SMALL that we don't need an actual street address or map coordinate to find the fire station. laugh

#131759 - 10/06/07 12:28 PM Re: June 9 - 10: Big Bear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow what a trail - black diamond=not stock friendly. I got high centered on my slider when crossing the rock garden. A handful of rocks slid out from under my front right when I was within 30 feet or so of making it. A second time I got stuck on a rock right under my lower control arm. Plenty of scrapes on the sliders, a few scratches on the skid plates but nothing damaged on my truck other than that. Five minutes with a a spray can and she's good as new.

More pictures on SCCX and my PhotoBucket account.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/paul1960/Xterra/Big%20Bear%206-2007/

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal