shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131931 - 25/07/07 08:07 AM Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Brian,

You had posted previously on the now defunct SCCX website that there was run up by the Sierra Nevada mountain ranges. Is there still a run there we could do next month? August? I would really like to run out of gas on that run if possible. Could we make the second or fourth weeks of August as I have a commitment on 8/25.

Fumes/Hollywood X

#131932 - 26/07/07 07:04 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sure someone will post another run for next month. We just have to find out where it will post.
Do you also look at thenewx.org as well ? They have some great info and good people as well.
Say Hi to Maria for us.
Jim & Chris

#131933 - 26/07/07 07:54 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm headed for the Sierras next week for four days. I'll let you know how it goes.
Seems getting our club as a group to venture past our little foothills is like pulling teeth.
Time to graduate to more distant stuff me thinks.
Sierras, Baja, Arizona, Nevada..........?

#131934 - 26/07/07 09:18 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xtatik:
I'm headed for the Sierras next week for four days. I'll let you know how it goes.
Seems getting our club as a group to venture past our little foothills is like pulling teeth.
Time to graduate to more distant stuff me thinks.
Sierras, Baja, Arizona, Nevada..........?
We just about have something worked out for next month that you should like. There should be a posting soon.

Until the club site is back up we will post the run details in this forum and on thenewx.org in the Events section.

#131935 - 27/07/07 01:13 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Frank, If it's a Sierra trip, that would be great for the club. Unfortunately, I'll be up there next week and wouldn't be able to make two trips in one month.
I am planning my fourth and last trip up for the season in October if anyone's interested.
Bobby mentioned a possible Monache visit. I've been up there twice this year and won't return until the area gets some rain. It's very dry and brown on the Kern Plateau this year. I've been hitting areas further north on the west slope. Even areas further up the eastern side are dry and not looking their best.

#131936 - 27/07/07 11:10 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
You guys ever consider White Mountain in Big Pine? This is the 3rd highest peak in Cali but and the road to the trail head is at 11,650 ft.

#131937 - 30/07/07 09:53 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup, been there. It's nice with the Bristlecone's and all. Only problem is, with the weak winter we had, it'd be damned hot and dry there as well.

#131938 - 31/07/07 12:52 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Anonymous
Unregistered

A couple buddies and I are going up that way in a couple weeks. We are going to do the Coyote Flats run. Trail begins in Bishop and runs nearly 60 to a couple old mine sites, including one that operated during ww2, for tungsten. I guess there is also one of North Americas highest(in altitude) air strips up there that the government used for high altitude testing. The highest elevation that we will hit is about 11,000 ft. Should be fun.

#131939 - 02/08/07 05:46 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Mark...I’m confused...4th week is the 25? Hope you can make the 3rd weekend our normal one 8/18-19

Yeah we did a silver cyn/white mt run couple yrs back. Little hot & dusty this time of year like randy says...better for sept/oct with the fall colors in bishop when things start to cool down more.

#131940 - 03/08/07 04:47 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Mark,
Are you planning on attending the 18th ?
Or should I ask if Maria is planning on driving ?

I need to plan my gas consumption ?
Jim B

#131941 - 03/08/07 05:00 PM Re: Next Run Out by Sierra Nevada Mt Range?
Anonymous
Unregistered

PLEASE BRING THE GAS CANS I'LL BE THERE. Maybe Maria too.

Moderator:  krisjon 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal