shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132153 - 07/02/07 11:52 AM Outdoor photography
trwinship Offline

Loc: Gahanna, OH, USA
Realizing that this has been suggested long ago, and rejected back then by Ian, but how about an Outdoor Photography forum? Can't help but notice a thread about cameras that has over 100 replies and has been active since before Christmas. It seems at least as Xterra-relevant as hunting, fishing, and snorkeling. I know we're not a photo site, many of which exist elsewhere, and I'm not planning to stalk off in a huff (or a minute and a huff)if I don't get my way, but I think it would generate some interesting discussion--cameras, techniques, places to shoot. Whatcha think, O Mighty Leaders?

#132154 - 07/02/07 12:16 PM Re: Outdoor photography
p.i.n.o. Offline

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
Maybe we can modify the posting rules under the "Owners Club Gallery --> Pictures" forum to allow non-Xterra pictures.

#132155 - 07/02/07 12:24 PM Re: Outdoor photography
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by p.i.n.o.:
Maybe we can modify the posting rules under the "Owners Club Gallery --> Pictures" forum to allow non-Xterra pictures.
I think that would be the best option. And I am ok with that.

#132156 - 07/02/07 04:19 PM Re: Outdoor photography
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
How about a sub-section in the club house (off-topic) dedicated to Photography.

#132157 - 07/02/07 04:44 PM Re: Outdoor photography
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
I think trwinship is asking about a whole nother forum to talk ABOUT photography. Like the cycling forum, or kayak forum, etc.

#132158 - 07/02/07 07:32 PM Re: Outdoor photography
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
I think the pictures forum should be Xterras, but have a sub forum in it for other photos. That would be cool.

#132159 - 07/02/07 09:13 PM Re: Outdoor photography
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:
I think the pictures forum should be Xterras, but have a sub forum in it for other photos. That would be cool.
There are already a crap load of forums. To create another photo one to allow for differant aspect of photography might be a bit much.

#132160 - 08/02/07 03:56 AM Re: Outdoor photography
trwinship Offline

Loc: Gahanna, OH, USA
SilverXglider is right, that's what I had in mind. But, if modifying the rules for the club gallery suits people better I'm OK with that. How about pictures and discussion in that forum, though, so no new forum has to be created?

#132161 - 08/02/07 07:12 AM Re: Outdoor photography
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by silverxglider:
I think trwinship is asking about a whole nother forum to talk ABOUT photography. Like the cycling forum, or kayak forum, etc.
I agree that it would be best to have a totally separate forum for misc. photography topics / photos. I think there are enough of us here interested in cameras / photography to make the forum pretty active.

Quote:
Originally posted by XOC:
There are already a crap load of forums. To create another photo one to allow for differant aspect of photography might be a bit much.
How about getting rid of one of the forums in outdoors that isn't being used much and replace it w/ the photography one? It makes sense to give photography it's own forum if it's going to generate more topics / posts and just remove one that is hardly being used.

Just some quick stats that I pulled up:

"Adventure Racing" = 1 new topic in 2006
"Diving and Snorkeling" = 4 new topics in 2006

#132162 - 08/02/07 07:16 AM Re: Outdoor photography
warlock Offline

Loc: Springfield VA
Please dont get me wrong i love photography. As was mentioned to me before and it makes sense. This is an Xterra Forum. I think we can create a new topic in the Off Topic forum and just add to that.

sample in Honda-tech.com they created a nikon/canon/general photogray topic in their off topic forum. they just add pics in the topic and make there discussion there. easily searched and followed.

just my 2 cents

#132163 - 08/02/07 07:58 AM Re: Outdoor photography
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
YES!!! Finally after a few attempts of having some sort of photography forum (xterra & non-xterra related), I'm glad to see that it's moving in some sort of direction... A sub-forum in the club house would be nice... Hell, I'd even like to have the photo thread "sticky-ed" (like the Phat Phriday & Dead Pool thread) if it's too much to create an entirely new forum...

Nonetheless, I'm glad to see something (if anything) will come of it...

- Air "Photog" B laugh

#132164 - 11/02/07 07:46 AM Re: Outdoor photography
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
My suggestion, put a forum under the Off-Topic section and title it "The Darkroom". Similar to "Your Mom's Basement" for geek stuff.

ETA: I'm sure there are a few of us that would be willing to moderate the forum.

#132165 - 11/02/07 01:07 PM Re: Outdoor photography
OrganDonor Offline

Loc: Round Rock, TX
No one asked, but....

Creating another forum might be a PIA for some. Has anyone asked the question about forums that are mot being used? If there is a forum (or more than one) that isn't actively used, you could close that forum and open the one that more people would be interested in. I'm a crappy photog, but would be in favor of it, in whatever form.

just my .02 worth.

#132166 - 11/02/07 10:11 PM Re: Outdoor photography
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ReecerX:
Has anyone asked the question about forums that are not being used? If there is a forum (or more than one) that isn't actively used, you could close that forum and open the one that more people would be interested in.
Yep, already mentioned. Check my post above:

"Adventure Racing" = 1 new topic in 2006
"Diving and Snorkeling" = 4 new topics in 2006

#679907 - 18/03/13 02:53 AM Re: Outdoor photography [Re: Anonymous]
michale Offline

Your comments show that you all have good knowledge about Outdoor photography, so I am here just for asking what is the main differences between a D3100 model and the D5100 (besides MP difference)? Would the D3100 be a nice fit with me if I buy a more expensive lens for it, or should I just get that D5100 page I linked to and be happy?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal