shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132260 - 30/05/03 07:03 AM I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
I just joined the forums a week or so ago. I'll admit it I'm a newbie to offroading and this really seems to be the best place to find resources; however some of the members act like jerks to people who haven't spent the time to search. I fortunately have the time to search and read through all the different forums. A lot of people don't have that kind of time and just want a straught answer from the guys who have lived here since the beginning. As was posted earlier the search doesn't work completely. Even after reading all the posts the varied discussions that go on about this or that topic takes for ever to troll through. The main topics that keep coming up are in no particular order.

Performance enhancements
- fuel savings
- more power

Bumpers
-Calmini
-Arb
-Custom

Tires
-I haven't researched that area yet wink

Trips
- Who? What? Where? What do I need?

Parts
-Where to buy this or that?

Now after reading hundreds of threads I have come accross several guys who really know what they are talking about and are obviously far ahead of the rest of us newbies.

Why not have a tech write up section. XOC I am betting you can point out the best of the best of this crew and put them to work to summarize the basic questions people come here to ask about.
It would have been great if when I first signed on to the page there could have been something to read that cut through the fog. Something that that stated the fundamentals that most of the "experts" around here have already done. Could we create a section that talks about the top performing parts and accessories for the aspiring offroader who is serious about rigging there Xterra to stand proud with the rest of the pack. Just my $.02

Also I have plenty of space on my website to hold pictures for forum members if it's needed.

OK flame on I guess. [Uh Oh !]

#132261 - 30/05/03 11:10 AM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bpl:
The Xterra FAQ might help.
Michael?

That you?

#132262 - 30/05/03 11:47 AM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
bpl?

"boarder Phreak L??????"

who wants to play name that Phreak?

#132263 - 30/05/03 12:20 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
bpl?

"[b]b
oarder Phreak L??????"

who wants to play name that Phreak?[/b]
"Boarder Phreak Lives??????" [Huh?] [LOL]

#132264 - 30/05/03 12:25 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
bpl?

"[b]b
oarder Phreak L??????"

Exactly what I was thinking . . .

#132265 - 30/05/03 12:31 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
From another one of his posts.

Quote:
Originally posted by bpl:
There's a pretty good discussion of this underway here if you're looking to mount the amp under the passenger seat for stealth reasons. HTH.
That links to his site too. The Phreak retuns , stealthlike?

#132266 - 30/05/03 12:46 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
GrayHam Offline

#132267 - 30/05/03 01:05 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
bpl?

"[b]b
oarder Phreak L??????"

" boarder Phreak Loser "
Hi Mike wink

[Finger]

#132268 - 30/05/03 01:07 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
That links to his site too. The Phreak retuRns , stealthlike?
Sorry, I couldn't resist. laugh

#132269 - 30/05/03 01:11 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Olegkha:
[b]boarder Phreak Looser "
[/b]
Looser than what?

#132270 - 30/05/03 01:14 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
it.... is..... ALIVE!

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#132271 - 30/05/03 03:03 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Todrick Offline

damn, caught red handed...

#132272 - 30/05/03 03:06 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Todrick Offline

hah, this is pretty funny.

his posts are either adds for XterraFirms or little one line beauties like this:

"How about a "You've lost a wheel" light?"

it has got to be BP.

#132273 - 30/05/03 03:07 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
My thread has been totally highjacked! [Finger]

#132274 - 30/05/03 03:09 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Todrick Offline

You got your answer... at least according to BoarderPhreak.

Honestly it has been discussed and I'm sure something will come of it once the board gets upgraded. ElectroKen and DaveDatsun would be my first picks for contributers.

#132275 - 30/05/03 03:12 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Todrick Offline

ok... did a bit of checking...

BPLs IP address:24.47.**.**
Phreaks IP Addy:24.47.**.**

both registered IPs for Optimum Online (Cablevision Systems)...

oh and hey, looky there,
"Cablevision currently operates the nation's single biggest cable cluster... ...in the New York metropolitan area"

Ok, who wants to put some money down, I think we have a winner?

-----edited cause Primary is paranoid------

#132276 - 31/05/03 05:05 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
WTF are you doing posting someones IP addy? You do remember people like Snarl lurk around here...

#132277 - 31/05/03 05:10 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Todrick Offline

they are dynamic IP's

but I edited it to make you happy.

#132278 - 31/05/03 06:00 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
PrimeX Offline

Quote:
they are dynamic IP's

but I edited it to make you happy.
Yeah, you made my day. Thanks a bunch. :rolleyes:

#132279 - 31/05/03 06:08 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
PrimeX Offline

Quote:
-----edited cause Primary is paranoid------
A little FYI for you, Tod.

I used to be a regular participant on a flame/smack board. Just recently, someone got upset because I hurt their "online reputation" with insults and badgering. I joined that board for amusement and nothing else. That dolt joined to make friends since he doesn't venture out into daylight, and lives his life on the net, kind of like some simps do here.

Since I damaged his "ego" with simple words, he somehow got ahold of my work IP, traced it to my place of employment and sent a nice little love letter to my boss. Of course my boss didn't find it amusing, and neither did I. So, yeah I guess I'm a bit paranoid about you outing someone elses IP addy.

Then again, I'm not surprised you did it in the first place, since you do nothing else except run rampant around this place and act like a five year old with ADD.

Grow up, dude.

#132280 - 31/05/03 06:15 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Todrick Offline

ok, put down the pipe, relax.

heres a little FYI for you.

It was not his work IP. Unless of coarse his work is so low budget they use CableVision internet.

Therefore it is safe to assume it was his home account. Now factor of the facts that it is a Dynamic IP and CableVision serves 3,000,000. Customers.

I would say that giving out one of over 3,000,000 Dynamic IP's for a cable company's internet service is about as usefull to a troll as giving out "3".

Yup, thats right, the first digit of MY telephone number. ooooh, that really narrows it down for ya doesn't it.

#132281 - 31/05/03 07:51 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:

his posts are either adds for XterraFirms...
Or even ADS for XterraFirmA wink
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#132282 - 31/05/03 08:33 PM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Todrick Offline

lol ok you got me. I have been trying to more carefully craft my posts, I guess I slipped into old habits.

#132283 - 02/06/03 06:47 AM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
heres a little FYI for you.

It was not his work IP. Unless of coarse his work is so low budget they use CableVision internet.

Therefore it is safe to assume it was his home account.
Listen dumbass, what happened to Primary also happened to me and it cost me my job. A lot of people work from home and their company pays for the internet access they choose. My wife does it, she takes the bill to work and they handle it. She chose a similar provider to the one you describe so NO, its NOT "safe to assume" ANYTHING about somebody's IP address.

What did BP ever do to you anyway? You're like the annoying little punk who runs around the neighborhood crying for attention by narking on all the older kids. Its NONE of your business. I echo Primary's sentiments, "Grow up, dude."

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#132284 - 02/06/03 09:22 AM Re: I haven't been here long but I have a few thoughts I would like to share.
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
. Its NONE of your business.
Yeah, really. Shouldn't he be out working on that pipe dream "pre-runner" or something?

Pre-runner ( pre runner ) n. 1. Minivan disgused as a 4x4. adj. 2. Angry cheapskate who did not spring for a transfer case, but still wants to be an off-roader.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal