2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132712 - 05/05/04 01:54 PM Buy & Sell Forum Rules...
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
OK, I think that there was a reason why we locked the Buy & Sell forum to replies... so why are all the moderators replying in there?? Especially when it's not a moderator of the Buy & Sell section... I can understand when it's something regarding say, correcting something the seller or whatever put... but I think it's silly to lock out everyone... but let moderators use their permissions to reply with personal comments... am I the only one? How the heck did 12 people reply on the ARB sale? Half of those people weren't even moderators...

#132713 - 05/05/04 02:03 PM Re: Buy & Sell Forum Rules...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
There are only two post in the Buy and Sell with replies so I suppose those are the two you are referrig to.

2001 Stock Bumper for ARB trade - started somewhere else, recieved replies and ended up in the Buy and Sell.

The rear tail light post is somewhat of a borderline buy and sell add. The responses that were made were pertinant to the topic and there isn't much more response necessary.

The reason why the Buy and Sell was locked in the first place was that a post would be peppered with comments and discussion, critical analysis and debate about whatever the person was trying to sell. It was distracting and made the buy and sell forum into another spot for ridiculous debates.

As it sits it is an effecient marketplace and does its job quite nicely.

#132714 - 05/05/04 02:07 PM Re: Buy & Sell Forum Rules...
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
There have been many other posts by mods to other Buy and Sell threads. It just seems hypocritical when we are told not to reply to threads, but mods,who are supposed to be enforcing the rules, can reply.

Both of the replies for the rear tail light should have been handled though email or PM (as is stated in the "rules")

Rules:

Quote:
Replying in the Buy and Sell forum is now disabled. When you post something for sale, you must have Private Messaging enabled, or a valid email link in the post or in your profile. People interested in purchasing must contact you via PM or email.

Once your item sells, simply 'Edit' your post, and select the 'Delete Post' checkbox to remove your post from the forum.

If you are listing more than one item, 'Edit' your post to update which items are still available.

In the subject, please use 'FS:' for 'For Sale' items and 'WTB' for 'Want To Buy' items.

Any posts older than 60 days will be pruned. If your item did not sell in 60 days, you can repost it.

The rules are as follows:

-Xterra Owners Club is not liable for
anyproblems with buyers or sellers
-No commercial ads
-No dealers
-Xterra related items only
-List a price
-Delete your ad when sold

#132715 - 05/05/04 02:17 PM Re: Buy & Sell Forum Rules...
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
I completely understand why it was locked, I know that there were problems with people putting in their "2 cents" on things. But it's not right for mods to post that they have say, a taillight for sale. As Guido said, should have been sent through PM or e-mail. I didn't realize that the ARB post had been started elsewhere..

#132716 - 05/05/04 02:20 PM Re: Buy & Sell Forum Rules...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Guido, I have to dissagree with your assesment of "many." I went back three months (10 pages of adds) and there were only a small handfull of responces to initial posts. A majority of them were moderation related.

The tail light post was a very rare exception.

#132717 - 05/05/04 02:23 PM Re: Buy & Sell Forum Rules...
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
"Many" is a subjective term.

Regardless, there shouldn't have been any. I don't want to get in a pissing match over this, I'm a little irked with a certain mod (see my sig), and I thought PoorBoy had a valid point and just wanted to back him up.

Edited to add:

I went back and looked, most of the replies were "needed" or pertinent to the post. But, the threads are deleted after 60 days, so some of the threads I was thinking of have probably been deleted.

#132718 - 05/05/04 04:20 PM Re: Buy & Sell Forum Rules...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I moved the ARB thread to the buy/sell section.

The reason the buy/sell section was closed to replies was to prevent them from turning into flamefests and other off-topic discussions. If people were to limit their replies to those interested in the item, it would be fine.

As a mod, I'm not getting any leg up on anyone else by replying anyway, first come, first served, regardless if it's a reply, PM, or email.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#132719 - 06/05/04 10:22 PM Re: Buy & Sell Forum Rules...
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
I think you guys are hugely overreacting. Yes, I personally have responded to posts in the buy and sell forum recently (my first 2 EVER), but as stated before, both were also pertinent responses. One was merely asking for a mileage/condition on tires being sold and the other was a referral on where to find something because it was a post that should have been in a different forum. If I were jabbering or rambling on about stuff, you guys might have a point, but you really don't.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal