2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132743 - 26/04/06 06:30 PM Deleted posts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im wondering why my post about window tint and a hood protector was deleted? or was it moved somewhere I have no idea about?

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=78;t=001555
ok i found it in the general section, but wondering why there is so much moderation on this forum? I love participating here, and am part of a number of other forums that ive been part of for some time, and find some of the moving of posts confusing.

Just for example, the above post was made in the next gen section, because its a next gen with tint and the bug deflector, nothing special...people with pre05's probably arent interested in 05+ mods, its the 05+ people that want to see these things and do them on their own cars...at least that is what I do when I want to know something about my next gen, go to the next gen forum and search there then post if i cant find something. The search results are more accurate and relevant when someone searches for "tint" in the next gen forum, rather than the "General" forum which is not the first place I would look.

Anyways, i hope this isnt looked at as a whiny newb. just some of my opinions in the right forum i hope. on a side note i make my living designing computer systems/software and evaluating for usability and various other standards...anyways, have a nice day smile

#132744 - 26/04/06 07:02 PM Re: Deleted posts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The goal is to incorporate the new generation mods and others into the already existing forums. If that isn't done we would need duplicates of each forum. When most things are compatible between both. Besides tint is tint whether it is on an xterra or a jetta. Same goes for the bug deflector they serve the same purpose on the 00-04 as the 05-06 just different part number, why not incorporate it into the existing forums?

#132745 - 26/04/06 07:13 PM Re: Deleted posts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see your point, ive made mine as well.

Just wanted to give feedback. I personally like to see the next gen forum more active than what it is now. So if i have a next gen related post, then i felt it was better there.

Its your forum, so i can play by the rules, it just takes some getting used to. [drink]

#132746 - 26/04/06 07:22 PM Re: Deleted posts?
Anonymous
Unregistered

No big deal, usually if we move a post we notify you through the automated system. Hardly ever do we delete a post unless it violates the "terms of service" usually we just move it to a place where you will recieve better information pertaining to your question. Or if you have information to share it is moved to a more appropriate forum where if one would search for similar information they would find it there. [ThumbsUp]

#132747 - 26/04/06 08:26 PM Re: Deleted posts?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Now that we are well into the 2nd year of the new model we are taking an approach of integrating more of the generic posts into the regular forum format. You specific could have fit nicely in "General" with the tint but ended up in P&A due to the bug guard.

The "Next Generation" forum is to discuss the unique features and benefits to owning a 2nd (Or in the furure 3rd,4th and 5th) generation Xterra that don't fit into the other forums. There you can also discuss your purchase, price and compare current and upcoming models. These are things that can fit into the "General" forum but make a nice new forum to read for new members.

Please post anything that you may want to discuss as a topic that would fit in the other forums,such as tire selection,problems, maintenence, suspension,aftermarket products,ect. although possibly exclusive to the new model, in the appropriate topic throughout the foums.

Parts and accessories are parts and accessories, problems and annoyances are still problems and tires are tires regardless of the year,make and model. Just because someone owns an '00-'04 doesn't mean they cannot pass on information on tires,suspension, performance and modifications of a vehicle.

Not only will this make a searchable database easier to search by specific topic and keep all topics together regardless of year but it will probably have more members reading more of the forums top to bottom instead of just one topic at the top.

We also would suggest that you can specify year in your topic if discussing something model year unique such as engine/drivetrain or front suspension.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal