2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132979 - 17/12/03 06:38 AM Lingo/ Correct Terminology
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a person who is new to 4X4's, it would be extremely helpful to have some sort of thread, link, whatever that people contribute to that lists many of the terms used here and what they mean.

Some examples of things that I did know that I had to use intuition or reasearch to figure out are, grabbers, sliders, Revos, shackles, etc.

Might be something that is annoying to veterans but I just thought I'd express my interest in case anyone else felt the same. It can be intimidating around the XOC and I'm often hesitant to say anything for fear of being flamed. A thread that helped me to use the correct terms would be very helpful. This club is awesome, I cannot wait until I get the hell out of Cleveland and move to Colo. Springs in 2 years. I can't wait to hang out w/ everyone!!

#132980 - 17/12/03 07:22 AM Re: Lingo/ Correct Terminology
Anonymous
Unregistered

-Grabbers and Revos are tires. (Refer to Grabbers as Crappers)
-Sliders are steel bars that replace the step rails to provide rocker panel protestion.
-Shackles are the things on the leaf spring pack that look like a huge bicycle chain link.
-AAL's are add-a-leaf kits to get about 1.5" of lift in the rear and a bit a towing capacity.
-RLD's are rear locking differentials to make the rear axle into a kind of solid axle to get through very tough terrain. On X's they are air lockers.
-GOX is the Gathering of Xterras
Anything else?

#132981 - 17/12/03 07:02 PM Re: Lingo/ Correct Terminology
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by srtmo:
-Sliders are steel bars that replace the step rails to provide rocker panel protestion.

Anything else?
Why yes there is Mr lingo man...What do you mean by, "Sliders are steel bars that replace the step rails to provide rocker panel protestion?

Graham, don't tell him.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal