2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133013 - 03/06/03 02:21 PM New Forum idea
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Perhaps we should have a special forum just for gas mileage threads?

(just thinking out loud, don't flame me please wink )

#133014 - 03/06/03 02:25 PM Re: New Forum idea
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Perhaps we should have a special forum just for gas mileage threads?

(just thinking out loud, don't flame me please wink )
Goofball.

#133015 - 03/06/03 06:12 PM Re: New Forum idea
Western Brewer Offline

Loc: Rochester, MN
I think it's a great idea! Then losers like me can go in there and bitch all day long to each other and occasionally someone else can come make fun of us! [Smoking]

Maybe we can just get a forum that is for "lame gripes" or "bitch, bitch, bitch" or something like that - why limit it to mileage? There are lots of topics that have been beat to death and guys like me just can't get resolution so we could go vent.

#133016 - 03/06/03 10:24 PM Re: New Forum idea
mil1982 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
sounds great but why stop there why not just call it the stupid question board that is asked too many times smile

#133017 - 04/06/03 06:27 AM Re: New Forum idea
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
I think it's a good idea. Something I see alot around here is a newbie asking a question without searching. The question was simple to answer but it had been covered many times. Someone will post a page worth of rants against the guy instead of just answering his question. I think the guys who are taking the time to write a page worth of shit at the guy are the ones acting a bit stupid. Either just answer the guys question and then put at the bottom to do a search first in the future or just don't answer the guy. You took more time to rant then you would of to answer the question. We do after all have a thread for tires and wheels. EVERYONE cares to some degree about there fuel efficiency. To just say it's an X and get over it is foolish. If minor modifications can be made to help out then all the better.

$.02 now flame on... [Finger]

#133018 - 04/06/03 06:46 AM Re: New Forum idea
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
What we need is a "First Timer" or "Newbie" forum where people can go to ask stupid questions. Flame somebody in the "First Timer" forum, and you're BANNED. Brent wouldn't even be allowed in that forum. There would be threads on tire size, gas mileage, shifting into 4-low, etc.

Of course, people will still think of their own personal gas mileage crisis as a "Problem and Annoyance" and post it there... and even more people would think "Oh good, there's a 'General' forum! I'll put all my shit in there!"... so, the whole point is probably moot.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#133019 - 04/06/03 06:57 AM Re: New Forum idea
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
What we need is a "First Timer" or "Newbie" forum where people can go to ask stupid questions.
Um, most sites have first timer questions speeled out in Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ's). Then when the inevitable newbiee askes a common question, instead of flaming them (way to welcome people to the site!) you just post a link to the relevant FAQ.

But that would probably be too easy [Huh?]

#133020 - 04/06/03 07:25 AM Re: New Forum idea
Western Brewer Offline

Quote:
Of course, people will still think of their own personal gas mileage crisis as a "Problem and Annoyance" and post it there... and even more people would think "Oh good, there's a 'General' forum! I'll put all my shit in there!"... so, the whole point is probably moot.
I think this may be the answer! PNUT is right, everyone thinks their problems is a little different from the one posted and someone out there might just have the answer. Then when they aren't getting the response they want they just post that crap everywhere (glad I never did anything like that laugh ) Maybe we need a "new guy break in period", where the new guy can't post anything for a day, then only one new topic in the first week, and so on. They could also carry some sort of "ranking" to identify that they are totally new to the forum scene so hopefully they won't get burned up quite so bad and the veterans on this board won't have to put up with as many repeat questions without searches or take the time to rant on someone.

#133021 - 04/06/03 10:41 AM Re: New Forum idea
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by Western Brewer:
Maybe we can just get a forum that is for "lame gripes" or "bitch, bitch, bitch" or something like that - why limit it to mileage?
You're totally the person to to Moderate that board! laugh

Xterra101.com

#133022 - 04/06/03 01:33 PM Re: New Forum idea
Western Brewer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
You're totally the person to to Moderate that board! laugh
Um, thanks I guess.

#133023 - 09/06/03 10:33 AM Re: New Forum idea
GeorgiaXterra Offline

Loc: SXFC Home Office
Quote:
Flame somebody in the "First Timer" forum, and you're BANNED.
[LOL] Why is that so funny to me?
(3) I'm looking for a good female, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?
(4) My Xterra made it on Nissans website
(5) "there's people like GeorgiaXterra, that ruins it for everyone else..." Originally posted by Rickster43 2003

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal