2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133712 - 13/04/06 04:41 PM Private Messages
Anonymous
Unregistered

I searched and didn't see it, so before any of you search nazi people go nuts, be nice.

I find that you really have no idea if you get a PM here. Obviously you send an email to the user. But if you don't check the email on a regular basis then you don't know you got a PM.

I've sent PM's to some users and they have sat there for days before they get read. I currently have one out there from March 21st that the person still hasn't read.

Has anyone thought about adding a feature to the site that lets you know if you have a PM? (Like every other site in the galaxy.)

Possibly something like 'My Profile (1)' or whatever number?

Maybe I'm blind and don't see an indicator some where and if that's the case, I will graciously eat my words.

Thanks for listening!

Lates!
Jeff

#133713 - 13/04/06 05:21 PM Re: Private Messages
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
A person may elect to have a message sent to their e-mail address or not notifying them that there is a message on XOC for them. Short of that, you are correct, unless you check your profile there is no indication that you have a PM.

Patrick.

#133714 - 14/04/06 07:03 AM Re: Private Messages
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
A visual indication would be nice.

It is possible for a PM to show "unread" when it has been read, I get the contents of a PM in the e-mail notification and if it doesn't need a reply I may never actually view it on the site.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#133715 - 15/04/06 07:03 PM Re: Private Messages
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine gives email notification. If somebody doesn't give a sh!t, they may not use that feature. Perhaps not worth PMing to begin with.

#133716 - 16/05/06 10:21 AM Re: Private Messages
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree it would be nice to have some kind of PM notice other then having to go into the profile just to get it. I pm'd one guy some info that he wanted and is brand new to the board. I told him to check his pm's and he didn't know where to go and get it since he didn't see anything that says you have a pm or anything like that. Maybe a little pop-up window that would come up when you log onto the site would be a nice visual que that they have something.

I get a notice in my e-mail but lately I've been so busy that I haven't checked my e-mail in over a month so I have like over 3,000 messages there. Of course most of it is spam/junk so I never really bother to read any. unless a particular e-mail addy stands out that I recognize then everything gets mass deleted when I do go in there to clean up.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal