2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#134667 - 10/05/03 09:39 PM iPod 30GB - woo hoo!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
I love it. Can't believe how small it is.

Can't believe I already filled it frown

The new solid state controls kick ass too - no moving parts.

Windows software sucks - MS still doesn't know how to deal with portable external devices gracefully. iTunes kicks Music Match's ass - I really need to get a new Mac. At first glance, it looks like Music Match doesn't support AAC either. Oh well, I have more than enough MP3's right now.

#134668 - 10/05/03 09:58 PM Re: iPod 30GB - woo hoo!
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
$499 at the Apple Store or ebay?

#134669 - 10/05/03 10:18 PM Re: iPod 30GB - woo hoo!
MaloCS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
I love it. Can't believe how small it is.

Can't believe I already filled it frown

The new solid state controls kick ass too - no moving parts.

Windows software sucks - MS still doesn't know how to deal with portable external devices gracefully. iTunes kicks Music Match's ass - I really need to get a new Mac. At first glance, it looks like Music Match doesn't support AAC either. Oh well, I have more than enough MP3's right now.
I had a 20gb iPod and it worked very well on Windows XP. If you have Roxio installed then uninstall it. The iPod drivers that Apple provides conflict with the Roxio software.

Also, go to iPod Lounge and search the forums. You will find numerous alternative software apps that work much better than MusicMatch for the iPod on Windows.

Another thing, I read that Apple is porting the iTunes software (or a variant of) to Windows due to the launch of Apple's new music service. It won't be too much longer.

Enjoy your iPod. It rocks!

PS - Stop with the Mac vs. PC stuff. It's old and played out. I use both platforms every day and for every thing that is wrong with Windows there is a counterpart for Macs. They both have their pluses and minuses.

#134670 - 13/05/03 05:03 PM Re: iPod 30GB - woo hoo!
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
$499 at the Apple Store or ebay?
Apple Store - ebay just isn't worth messing with for electronics like this.

#134671 - 13/05/03 05:21 PM Re: iPod 30GB - woo hoo!
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MaloCS:
If you have Roxio installed then uninstall it. The iPod drivers that Apple provides conflict with the Roxio software.
I quit using the built in firewire port on my motherboard and picked up an adaptec card - it's working much better. But windows still sucks in it's handling of external devices.

Quote:
Also, go to iPod Lounge and search the forums.
Thanks for the site.

Quote:
Another thing, I read that Apple is porting the iTunes software (or a variant of) to Windows due to the launch of Apple's new music service. It won't be too much longer.
Yeah, I read that too. But I want a new Mac for other software too.

Quote:
Enjoy your iPod. It rocks!
Thank you, I am.

Quote:
PS - Stop with the Mac vs. PC stuff. It's old and played out. I use both platforms every day and for every thing that is wrong with Windows there is a counterpart for Macs. They both have their pluses and minuses.
I've used both for over 15 years now (egad!) - both professionally and at home. The mac has a better overall experience. That's my opinion and I'm going to state it. If it bothers you, then I guess you skip my posts. Yes windows has come a long way, and unfortunatly in some ways with OS X Apple has gone backwards, but having total control over the hardware has it's benifits. For example, I would have never had the firewire issues... I deal with windows at work all day because I have to. At home I don't have to.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal