shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#135151 - 01/02/08 08:26 PM Re: Anyone work a 9/80 schedule?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XSpring:
it has it's advantages; three day weekends are pretty cool, but I could take it or leave it; not sure if I'm gonna do it this year or not...where's my Pepsi?
"I'm not crazy! Iiiiiinstitution!" cool [ThumbsUp]

#135152 - 01/02/08 08:36 PM Re: Anyone work a 9/80 schedule?
Anonymous
Unregistered

9/80 [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#135153 - 13/02/08 12:24 PM Re: Anyone work a 9/80 schedule?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's this next week's schedule. (Pro to the 9/80)

Off Monday the 18th (Three day weekend), work for 3 days, off Friday (3 Day weekend), then back to the Grind of a 5 day workweek, etc. until the following week with 4 Days. and a 3-day weekend. laugh

Did you guys end up with this schedule Rift? If so, how's it going?

#135154 - 13/02/08 03:47 PM Re: Anyone work a 9/80 schedule?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
I work 12-hour shifts (6a-6p) on a 5/2/5/2 rotation. We work 5 of 7 days the first week then 2 of 7 the next and so on. Sounds better than it actually is.

Week 1: Work Mon/Tue/Fri/Sat/Sun
Week 2: Work Wed/Thu
That's not 5/2...it's 4/3!! Everyone knows the week begins on Sunday! laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#135155 - 13/02/08 08:59 PM Re: Anyone work a 9/80 schedule?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayman:
I did this working for the Canadian GVT for about 3 years. I loved it, but I took Mondays off instead of the Friday, because there was already too many people taking the Fridays.

If you break it between the beginning and the end of your shift, you barely notice it.

In the office that I worked in, everyone worked 8am - 4pm. People working "compressed hours" or the 9/80 as you call it, could come in either an hour before, or stay an hour later to get in the extra time.

Instead of doing that, I chose to start @ 7:30, and leave @ 4:30. Barely notice the difference in the shift, and you get an extra day off every second week.

And as was mentioned above, if the holiday fell on the Monday, I would then take the Tuesday off and have a 4 day week-end.

The only thing that screws with you when there is a holiday on your day off, is that if you DO take the Tuesday off, you're taking a day that you would normally be working 9 hours, but you are only getting paid for a normal shift, not an extended shift. SO that means that you are down and hour and you have to make it up somewhere else, so tack that on to an already extended day.

That part always annoyed the shit out of me.
the US govment pays your whole shift so you don't have to make up that hour. I can't say for the rest of the US gov'ment, but where I work, you have your choice between five 8 hour days, a 5-4-9 (what this thread is about), or 4-10's and you can determine which day you want off. One guy works a 4-10 and takes monday's off since fridays are usually slower days. Another takes fridays off.

I'm currently trying to work myself into the 5-4-9 work schedule working 6-3:30. I'm not doing so well though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal