shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#135960 - 01/06/06 11:19 AM Transformers the Movie
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Cars that are in the New Transformer movie coming in '07

The Chevrolet Camaro Concept will star in the forthcoming “Transformers” movie, which is due for release on July 4th, 2007 (07-04-07). The film — which was first announced last year — is a collaboration between Paramount, DreamWorks, and Hasbro. Apparently, “Bumblebee” is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro. Meanwhile, “Starscream” is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and “Optimus Prime” is going to be a fire truck. Judging by the license plate on the new Camaro, tuner Saleen also has involvement with the project. A Saleen Mustang police car will also appear in the film.

Spy pics of the vehicles...

http://www.filmwad.com/transformers-365-p.html

#135961 - 01/06/06 12:45 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Why must they change the type of vehicle the characters were! frown

BumbleBee was a VW Bug and Prime was a tractor trailor....

Why must these remakes ruin the memories of my childhood.

#135962 - 01/06/06 03:04 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
[ThumbsDown] :rolleyes:

Agreed... Awesome cars... but that's not Transformers... [Freak]

#135963 - 13/06/06 01:03 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
KJ_dragon Offline

#135964 - 13/06/06 02:01 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Ooh.

Michael Bay Talks Transformers Filming
Via: Michael Bay

We finished our first week. One of the best first weeks on a movie I’ve ever experienced. We shot over 250 set ups.

I’m working on the military aspects of the film right now in New Mexico at Hollaman Air Force base and the Army’s White Sands missile base. The military has been stellar with us. This is the largest military cooperation since Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down.

Friday we shot two CV-22’s (Ospreys). They fly like aliens dropping out of the sky. We also shot stealth fighters and low attack missile runs (50 feet off the deck) A10 Warthogs. They look so deadly and mean.

We also shot in an army tank grave yard, that has more tanks in it then all of Iraq. The military cast Josh and Tyrese are surrounded with top notch Seal Team members.

I almost dropped from heat stroke on Wednesday in the 118 degree heat. Several crew went down in the heat on these dunes. It is amazing how quickly it can come on - I now see how some of those football players drop dead from heat stroke.

The script reviews – I’ve seen, have been great but - I know they read a 112 page draft that was on record of four months old, but the dates they have given are wrong. We have done so much work since then.

I just hope people don’t spoil it for people hearing everything in the movie before they see the movie - that’s so lame.

I’ve anticipated leaks for months so I keep the only shooting script in my computer. Nobody has it, not even actors get a full script. Steven Spielberg taught me this trick.

I must say I’m very excited about this movie, we have shot some awesome shots!!!

And it’s hard to get me excited.

All the best,

Michael Bay

#135965 - 13/06/06 02:08 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

Official Movie Website

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Countdown to the teaser debut...

#135966 - 13/06/06 02:25 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Sweet! Can't wait.

KJ, why did you post this here? I know Transformers are geeky, but this is a real movie. Don't you want to get exposure in the Clubhouse to see what everyone thinks? confused

#135967 - 13/06/06 02:36 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Sweet! Can't wait.

KJ, why did you post this here? I know Transformers are geeky, but this is a real movie. Don't you want to get exposure in the Clubhouse to see what everyone thinks? confused
I know, right? This is totally Clubhouse material.

#135968 - 13/06/06 03:17 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
It was:

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=010017#000000

frown I think KJ's just stealing my thunder. [LOL]

#135969 - 13/06/06 03:25 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
That's a big fucking Transformer in the poster. laugh

Man, that would be BADASS if Unicron was in it.

#135970 - 13/06/06 05:52 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
KJ_dragon Offline

I debating posting in the clubhouse - but figured this is an example of what the Transformers movie "could be".

#135971 - 27/06/06 09:48 PM Re: Transformers the Movie
KJ_dragon Offline

#135972 - 28/06/06 05:32 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
I can't see(work filters) if any of the links posted show this yet but Autoblog has a pic of Bumblebee partially transformed and lying on a trailer....looks pretty cool to me....can a Voltron or Robotech movie be far behind?!?!
Bumblebee!!

#135973 - 28/06/06 05:35 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
I can't see(work filters) if any of the links posted show this yet but Autoblog has a pic of Bumblebee partially transformed and lying on a trailer....looks pretty cool to me....can a Voltron or Robotech movie be far behind?!?!
Bumblebee!!
Robotech would be kickass! At least the 1st and 3rd installation, leave Southern Cross out, as it sort of sucked imho.

#135974 - 28/06/06 06:08 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Quote:
Robotech would be kickass! At least the 1st and 3rd installation, leave Southern Cross out, as it sort of sucked imho.
That would be awesome. As much as I'd love to see Robotech as a movie, I'd actually prefer to see Macross Plus made into a movie. If you dont know it, Buy or rent it.
I have all of the Robotechs on DVD. Damn was it expensive, but so well worth it.

This transformers movie looks pretty cool, but changing the vehicle types is really going to bother me.
Bumblebee is a 1960's VW bug, I can understand changing it into a 2000's beetle but not a camaro. :rolleyes:

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#135975 - 28/06/06 08:10 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 01SalsaXterra:

This transformers movie looks pretty cool, but changing the vehicle types is really going to bother me.
Bumblebee is a 1960's VW bug, I can understand changing it into a 2000's beetle but not a camaro. :rolleyes:
When the Alternators/Binaltech line of hyper-realistic Transformers was being developed, fan favorite Bumblebee was to be recreated as a new Volkswagen Beetle, according to prototype art in "The Transformers Binaltech & TF Collection Complete Guide".

According to Hasbro designer Aaron Archer at "The Official Transformers Collectors Convention" (or OTFCC) '03, Volkswagen had refused to license an Alternator Bumblebee. Volkswagen refused to license the car, however, supposedly due to the warlike nature of the Transformers. [[1]] Since VW was hit hard in 2002 by a lawsuit by holocaust victims for their involvement in WWII (as a German manufacturer), VW is understandably reluctant to have its name tied to anything that could be considered a war machine. Hasbro had agreed to not give Bumblebee a gun, however, the prototype shot given to Volkswagen still had the gun present. Volkswagen were unaware that the picture was a prototype and they rejected the idea

This explains why the Bumblebee Altmode does not exist as a New VW Beetle and instead as other form cars beyond the old VW Beetle model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee_transformers#Volkswagen_New_Beetle_model

#135976 - 28/06/06 08:20 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Wow.. I didnt expect that response. eek
That would definitely explain it, Not that I agree with it.
To the people at VW [Finger] It's a Freaking movie being made from a Childrens cartoon!! :rolleyes:

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#135977 - 28/06/06 08:25 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

Well at least we'll always have what Bumblebee could have been...

New VW Beetle Transformer

#135978 - 28/06/06 08:51 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

I found this promo video on youtube... it looks pretty authentic and includes an interview with Spielberg and what appears to be very early crude concept animations for the movie... hopefully they have since refined them to look cooler... (this video was uploaded back in January... notice the use of the 80s Camaro as a CGI model)

However, keep in mind that some of the animations are from other movies (747 Jumbo Jet), or commercials (Beetle and Citroen)... the jumbo jet tranformation is from a Japanese movie called Returner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyfk6Zo7HtM

#135979 - 28/06/06 09:57 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Can't wait for this movie! The coolest part is that alot of us are in the age group that grew up on this cartoon and now have sons/daughters that we can take to see it. My son will be 7 when this movie comes out about the same age that i got into transformers.

FYI voltron is supposed to be released in its entirety in Sept/Oct of this year on DVD, and the movie that I am really waiting in anticipation for is "GIJOE" the movie, it's supposed to be in the works also, but I think they want to wait and see how the transformers movie does. cool

#135980 - 28/06/06 10:14 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

come on! star scream was an F15! why the hell make him an f22? dont change characters! frown

#135981 - 28/06/06 11:24 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
mineralblue Offline

It's all about the marketing, just as it was 20 years ago... I think kids today are more likely to be excited over an F-22 than an F-15...

Hasbro fully intends to exploit the publicity machine and sell toys based on anything placed in the film. Can you imagine the merchandising machine behind this? I mean the cartoon itself was basically a 30 minute long toy commercial... not in a long time has a big budget summer movie been so custom-tailored for the toy industry...

#135982 - 28/06/06 11:46 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
not in a long time has a big budget summer movie been so custom-tailored for the toy industry...
Yeah, this will be a huge merchandising machine. Hasbro is poised to make a killing on the franchise. These toys will be the hot item through the holiday season.

Collectors, this is your chance!

I just wish they'd come out with this again:

#135983 - 28/06/06 11:47 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
KJ_dragon Offline

Anyone watched the latest Robotech incarnation...

Macross Zero. Its a prequel that explores the Earth Civil War - just before the Zentradi Arrive - but after the SDF-1 crashes onto Macross Island. It also explains Protoculture more- and probably has the BEST Veritech vs Veritech battles EVER.

Imagine a Dog fight between a "normal" F14 Tomcat and a veritech - Total mismatch and the F14's don't stand a chance.

Google it... Macross Zero - I highly recommend it.

#135984 - 28/06/06 11:51 AM Re: Transformers the Movie
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Google it... Macross Zero - I highly recommend it.
Hey Jeff,

You got a copy I can borrow to watch over the weekend? wink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal