shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13605 - 01/10/04 05:31 AM My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went to the dealearship with wife and kids in tow. We (I) decided on the Xterra. My whole attitude was to just get a vehicle. I was very blase and disconnected. Then they pulled my yellow baby around the corner. I put in the two car seats (yes car seats eek ) and we went about our business. I acted as if I could have bought a rock with wheels and been just as happy. But truth be told, I love this sweet ride. Sadly, when I was asked by the dealership if I wanted the 4x4, I said what for! Then, I laughed. When I got home I went to a quiet place in my closet and cried. I should have gotten the 4x4 (sigh). However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. This baby was made to be modified!

#13606 - 01/10/04 05:42 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome! [Wave]

And you probably should of cried...

Nah, just kidding! Atleast you got an X

#13607 - 01/10/04 05:48 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well so far I have purchased a racing stripe and the tail light guards. Next (but not in this order) is the CAI and the exhaust system, front grille guards, fog lights, sport tuned shocks and so on. I am still in debates about the supercharger. Ofcourse my wife has no idea about my plans laugh

#13608 - 01/10/04 05:54 AM Re: My biggest regret
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Racer X:
...Sadly, when I was asked by the dealership if I wanted the 4x4, I said what for! Then, I laughed. When I got home I went to a quiet place in my closet and cried. I should have gotten the 4x4...
Yup...lesson to be learned for all the Future X Buyers out there...Remember, Having a 4x4 vehicle is like Insurance...It's there when you really need it!!!!

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#13609 - 01/10/04 06:11 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice choice! My next one will be 4X4 for sure. smile

#13610 - 01/10/04 07:10 AM Re: My biggest regret
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Well so far I have purchased a racing stripe and the tail light guards. Next (but not in this order) is the CAI and the exhaust system, front grille guards, fog lights, sport tuned shocks and so on. I am still in debates about the supercharger. Ofcourse my wife has no idea about my plans laugh
Uh - not to spoil your excitement... but are you sure you didn't mean to buy a Civic?
Racing stripe?
tail light guards?
sport shocks?
brush guard?
Sounds like rice job.

Try winch bumper, rock sliders, and offroad shocks... brush guards and tail light guards don't guard at all and cause more damage than they prevent.

But hey - your truck smile

Either way - enjoy it and welcome to the club

#13611 - 01/10/04 07:12 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

are you seriously getting racing stripes? or are you kidding... Cause that's not funny, and I'm not laughing, that's just scaring me

#13612 - 01/10/04 07:28 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

And some 12's and some dubs. Word.

#13613 - 01/10/04 07:52 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Just_Blue:
are you seriously getting racing stripes? or are you kidding... Cause that's not funny, and I'm not laughing, that's just scaring me
[LOL] Yep. I will take a picture and show all of you nay sayers! And no I didn't mean to buy a civic. Since I know I don't have the 4x4, my chances of going offroad are slim to none mad So, I figured I'd pimp my ride! Oh yeah I'm gonna change the grille too! Woot Woot!

#13614 - 01/10/04 08:06 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, whatever you do with the truck...as long as you like the way it looks, I just have to tell you up front, many people here do not follow that movement and you might get flamed. Personally, whatever makes you happy, go for it.

#13615 - 01/10/04 08:11 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome aboard as well. laugh 2 wheel or 4 you will like it.

I purchased mine with 4 wheel drive for the purpose of using it for carrying my mountain bikes and camping, and so far it has been great, I have been able to get further back in the outdoors than previously but as of right now, serious wheelin is not my goal. But it can always change.

#13616 - 01/10/04 08:15 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 02terra:
Well, whatever you do with the truck...as long as you like the way it looks, I just have to tell you up front, many people here do not follow that movement and you might get flamed. Personally, whatever makes you happy, go for it.

+

=

#13617 - 01/10/04 08:26 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good luck with the car. Next time around def. spring for the 4x4. I got it because in New York the winters can get bad with the snow and I enjoy being able to get around when it does come down. This will be my first winter that I am actually looking forward to snow (I had a mustang before this and you know how that is in the snow). Design your car so that in the end you are happy witht he results. A lot of people on this board dislike doing anything to an Xterra except for the sake of offroading...so you will get bashed. It's your car so build it how you want.

#13618 - 01/10/04 09:04 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you all for your candor and welcoming me. I truly appreciate it. I wonder can I do anything to it to make it a 4x4?

#13619 - 01/10/04 09:17 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats on the new X! [Wave]

Quote:
I wonder can I do anything to it to make it a 4x4?
Sure can...turn it right back around and trade it in. laugh

#13620 - 01/10/04 09:31 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

where are you from racer x

#13621 - 01/10/04 10:06 AM Re: My biggest regret
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Thank you all for your candor and welcoming me. I truly appreciate it. I wonder can I do anything to it to make it a 4x4?
Has been discussed many times... You'd save a ton of money and heartache just trading in and buying a 4x4 in a year or so. The conversion is just too expensive.

#13622 - 01/10/04 10:31 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am from Germantown Maryland jparf! I see you are in Harrisburg, PA. We are neighbors! All the more reason I should have gotten the 4x4 [Crybaby] Chances are I will treat this one like a 4x4

#13623 - 01/10/04 11:05 AM Re: My biggest regret
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
...Chances are I will treat this one like a 4x4...
I wouldn't...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#13624 - 01/10/04 11:12 AM Re: My biggest regret
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
You did fine, 4x4 is a waste of money.

Especially since you plan on fagging it up.

#13625 - 01/10/04 11:13 AM Re: My biggest regret
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
If your Xterra is brand new maybe you can work something out with your dealer about getting a 4x4 instead. Might as well spend that extra money on 4 wheel drive than on the non-utility mods you're planning.

It doesn't matter how much faster you'll make your Xterra, if any. Because it won't get it anywhere it won't normally go, just a little sooner than stock. 4 wheel drive however...

#13626 - 01/10/04 11:24 AM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I am from Germantown Maryland jparf! I see you are in Harrisburg, PA. We are neighbors! All the more reason I should have gotten the 4x4 [Crybaby] Chances are I will treat this one like a 4x4
How can you possibly treat a 4x2 is if it was a 4x4? It still won't do things that a 4x4 would, or go places that a 4x4 would.

#13627 - 01/10/04 11:26 AM Re: My biggest regret
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by 02terra:
How can you possibly treat a 4x2 is if it was a 4x4? It still won't do things that a 4x4 would, or go places that a 4x4 would.
voted 1

#13628 - 01/10/04 12:54 PM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

Truth is, I know I can't treat it like a 4x4, although I wish I did get the 4x4. However, the speed bumps at the local strip mall better look out because I'm coming with an X and I ain't afraid to use it. I will take before and after shots of it once I add the things that I want to, to it.

#13629 - 01/10/04 01:30 PM Re: My biggest regret
Anonymous
Unregistered

The pictures above of the racing stripes on the Xterra, hell, I have scratches from off-roading that look better than that [Finger]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal