2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 12 of 26 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#139251 - 14/02/08 03:44 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Conundrum:

I going out on a limb here and saying that McCain although I don't agree with him, is going to get my vote as he is truely the lesser of the evils this time around, and to support a 3rd party is guaranteeing a Democrat Victory of which the US may never recover.
It'll be a first step in recovering from the disaster sitting in the White House at the current moment.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#139252 - 14/02/08 04:17 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's definitely different priorities among the posters in this thread, that's for sure.

Many of you seem to be willing to give up certain liberties just to put a different party in the white house. I just can't do it. Personal freedom, minimal taxes, national security, and a belief in true free enterprise are all too important to me. The next time everyone bitches about evil corporations and all the horrible things they do, everyone needs to be reminded who's signing that huge portion of Americans' paychecks and whose stocks you have in your 401k's.

#139253 - 14/02/08 04:28 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Oh yeah, and when people say that Obama stands for nothing.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/
His 'stand' on the economy: "I will increase investments in infrastructure, energy independence, education, and research and development; modernize and simplify our tax code so it provides greater opportunity and relief to more Americans." How?= MORE TAXES. Great.

S.

#139254 - 14/02/08 04:50 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

Many of you seem to be willing to give up certain liberties just to put a different party in the white house. I just can't do it.
But you're willing to give up more liberties by keeping the SAME party in the White House....yeah...THAT makes sense.

Quote:
Personal freedom, minimal taxes, national security, and a belief in true free enterprise are all too important to me.

With what we have in the White House now, the terms "Personal Freedom" and "National Security" are becoming mutually exclusive.

Quote:
The next time everyone bitches about evil corporations and all the horrible things they do, everyone needs to be reminded who's signing that huge portion of Americans' paychecks and whose stocks you have in your 401k's.
They can do better and still be profitable. Costco anyone? Wegman's anyone? Both of these companies treat their employees well - even though Wegman's is in an industry with razor-thin profit margins. Who's one of the leaders in bringing alternative energy to themselves? Google. I'd be happy to have them in my 401(k).
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#139255 - 14/02/08 06:04 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I've read Obama's "Change" document and he says he's going to do a lot of things, but he doesn't say how. It's all talk. I like him, but I need some sort of hard plan to actually get on board.

McCain actually explains what he'll do to affect change. I hate to say it but I might vote for McCain over Obama.... I'll definitely vote for McCain over Hillary.

I may go back to my old ways and not vote at all again though... frown

The candidates just plain suck balls....

#139256 - 14/02/08 07:29 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
But you're willing to give up more liberties by keeping the SAME party in the White House....yeah...THAT makes sense.
[...]
With what we have in the White House now, the terms "Personal Freedom" and "National Security" are becoming mutually exclusive.
Care to cite some specific examples?

#139257 - 14/02/08 07:34 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Oh yeah, and when people say that Obama stands for nothing.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/
So, that's a list of the campaign promises that he could never make good on without totally destroying everything this country was built upon...great.

#139258 - 14/02/08 08:01 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Quote:
[b]But you're willing to give up more liberties by keeping the SAME party in the White House....yeah...THAT makes sense.
[...]
Care to cite some specific examples?[/b]
He can't.

The best he can throw at you is the Patriot Act and the wiretapping provisions. I can tell you with confidence that if you're not cohorting with radical muslims, you have nothing to worry about.

#139259 - 15/02/08 02:21 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
[b]
Quote:
[b]But you're willing to give up more liberties by keeping the SAME party in the White House....yeah...THAT makes sense.
[...]
Care to cite some specific examples?[/b]
He can't.

The best he can throw at you is the Patriot Act and the wiretapping provisions. I can tell you with confidence that if you're not cohorting with radical muslims, you have nothing to worry about.[/b]
And it's inexcusable that you guys are still trotting out that lame ass excuse - "if you aren't doing it, you have nothing to worry about."

Hey, if I'm doing nothing wrong, I should have every right to own nuclear weapons. The 2nd Amendment guarantees my right to bear arms. It doesn't specify what arms.

Why do you guys think the mainstream media backed Larry Flynt in his fight? They knew that if Falwell was successful in his lawsuit, they could be next with editorial cartoons. They KNEW the consequences.

Those of you who say "if you aren't doing anything wrong" don't seem to get it at ALL.

#139260 - 15/02/08 07:09 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Granted I'm still interested in watching how things pan out, I don't look forward to voting. If anything I'm going to cast a "write in." I'm now more interested in voting at the Congressional level if anything. smile

#139261 - 15/02/08 07:22 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:

McCain actually explains what he'll do to affect change.
What will he do? All I've heard him say is that we'll stay in Iraq indefinitely.

#139262 - 15/02/08 11:08 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
[b]
McCain actually explains what he'll do to affect change.
What will he do? All I've heard him say is that we'll stay in Iraq indefinitely.[/b]
If you go to his website under the issues section he actually explains in detail what the issue is, why it's an issue, and what process he will go through to tackle the issue. Now whether he actually makes good on his word is a different story.

If you go to Obama's website and read his issue statements, he just says he'll resolve the issues but there is no meat to the how. It's all just talk from what I see.

Personally I'd still might choose Obama over McCain. This may be a case where the devil that you don't know is a better situation than the devil that you do.

#139263 - 15/02/08 11:24 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
My #1 issue is illegal immigration, whoever is toughest on that will have my full support. I haven't looked into it too much yet, but from what everyone on here has said Obama and McCain are lacking so I'm probably screwed either way.

I'm in Illinois so my vote won't matter, Obama or Clinton will roll here with or without my vote.

#139264 - 15/02/08 11:39 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
You might want to rethink any support you may have for Obama.

Who is his foreign policy adviser? It's Zbigniew Brzezinski. Jimmy Carter's old National Security Adviser and well known Jew and Israel hater and coddler, appeaser, and apologist of Islamic terrorism.

Where was Zbigniew Brzezinski recently? In Syria meeting with those Islamic despots.

Hillary Clinton's muslim finance chair, Hassan Nemazee, was also there.

http://www.nysun.com/article/71373

Quote:
So where's the "realism" on the part of Mr. Brzezinski and other so-called foreign policy "realists," who have accused President Bush of foreign policy malpractice for downgrading relations with Syria after the Syrians threw in with the Iranians to sabotage Iraq? Why are advisers to Senators Clinton and Obama in the Syrian capital at a time like this? Are they pressing for a separate peace with the regime? It is something on which Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton will be challenged in the coming campaign, we have little doubt. Where do they stand in respect of Syria — and why can't they bring themselves to explain what their advisers are doing in the capital of one of the countries most hostile to America and Israel?
These people need to explain why their advisers are making trips to Islamic state sponsors of terrorism.

#139265 - 15/02/08 11:48 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

A clearer analysis of some of these speeches Obama gives....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120295124554366927.html

Quote:
I think the potential vulnerability runs deeper. Strip away the new coat of paint from the Obama message and what you find is not only familiar. It's a downer.

Up to now, the force of Sen. Obama's physical presentation has so dazzled audiences that it has been hard to focus on precisely what he is saying. "Yes, we can! Yes, we can!" Can what?

Listen closely to that Tuesday night Wisconsin speech. Unhinge yourself from the mesmerizing voice. What one hears is a message that is largely negative, illustrated with anecdotes of unremitting bleakness. Heavy with class warfare, it is a speech that could have been delivered by a Democrat in 1968, or even 1928.
Quote:
Unease about the economy is real, but Sen. Obama is selling more than that. He is selling deep grievance over the structure of American society. That's the same message as John Edwards, or Dennis Kucinich for that matter. Hillary Clinton's mistake may have been to think this is 2008, not 1938, with the solution lying in leveraging votes in a Democratic Congress. Instead of Hillary's wonkish geniuses, Barack is selling the revolution -- change "from the bottom up."

Right after the Wisconsin speech, TV broadcast another -- by victorious John McCain. The contrast with Sen. Obama's is stark. The arc of the McCain speech is upward, positive. Pointedly, he says we are not history's "victims." Barack relentlessly pushes victimology.

#139266 - 15/02/08 12:04 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
You might want to rethink any support you may have for Obama.

Who is his foreign policy adviser? It's Zbigniew Brzezinski. Jimmy Carter's old National Security Adviser and well known Jew and Israel hater and coddler, appeaser, and apologist of Islamic terrorism.

Where was Zbigniew Brzezinski recently? In Syria meeting with those Islamic despots.

Hillary Clinton's muslim finance chair, Hassan Nemazee, was also there.

http://www.nysun.com/article/71373

Quote:
So where's the "realism" on the part of Mr. Brzezinski and other so-called foreign policy "realists," who have accused President Bush of foreign policy malpractice for downgrading relations with Syria after the Syrians threw in with the Iranians to sabotage Iraq? Why are advisers to Senators Clinton and Obama in the Syrian capital at a time like this? Are they pressing for a separate peace with the regime? It is something on which Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton will be challenged in the coming campaign, we have little doubt. Where do they stand in respect of Syria — and why can't they bring themselves to explain what their advisers are doing in the capital of one of the countries most hostile to America and Israel?
These people need to explain why their advisers are making trips to Islamic state sponsors of terrorism.
Where've you been, American Thinker has had this info for a couple weeks? This is no secret and gets a complete pass by the MSM.

LINKY

And the Devil you don't know my friend should concern you more, especially when he gets "Rock Star" Status.

I agree with Illegal Immigration being one of the highest priority topics and McCain has said he's listened to US, his constituency, but that remains to be seen when the Congress has to vote on another Immigration bill. ENFORCEMENT FIRST and fund the G-Damn FENCE!

#139267 - 15/02/08 12:42 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Where've you been, American Thinker has had this info for a couple weeks? This is no secret and gets a complete pass by the MSM.
I saw it on American Thinker. Do you think many Obamaniacs read American Thinker?

That church Obama belongs to in Chicago is also very disturbing. It seems too black or black nationalist oriented. It very much appears to be a "no whitey allowed" church too.

The fact that the church reveres and praises Louis Farrakhan is very troubling.

Quote:
I agree with Illegal Immigration being one of the highest priority topics and McCain has said he's listened to US, his constituency, but that remains to be seen when the Congress has to vote on another Immigration bill. ENFORCEMENT FIRST and fund the G-Damn FENCE!
McCain is a complete liar. He hasn't listened to anyone.

If he were serious about illegal immigration, he would dump Juan Hernandez, the former Mexican Cabinet Minister from his campaign.

#139268 - 15/02/08 12:47 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]Where've you been, American Thinker has had this info for a couple weeks? This is no secret and gets a complete pass by the MSM.
I saw it on American Thinker. Do you think many Obamaniacs read American Thinker?

That church Obama belongs to in Chicago is also very disturbing. It seems too black or black nationalist oriented. It very much appears to be a "no whitey allowed" church too.

The fact that the church reveres and praises Louis Farrakhan is very troubling.

Quote:
McCain is a complete liar. He hasn't listened to anyone.

If he were serious about illegal immigration, he would dump Juan Hernandez, the former Mexican Cabinet Minister from his campaign.[/b]
X2

#139269 - 15/02/08 12:56 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Here is the logo for Obama's church....

Their web site used to have this page.... but it has mysteriously been changed and edited....

http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

-- Pledge allegiance to all Black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System

-- Personal committment to embracement of the Black Value System

Obama has some serious explaining to do.

What the hell is the "Black Value System"?

#139270 - 15/02/08 01:00 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
What's wrong with that? We have that, it's called the KKK...errr never mind. laugh

Okay, I'm starting to move toward McCain now thanks to you, hope he has a conservative running mate.

#139271 - 15/02/08 01:29 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just imagine how much fun the GOP's going to have with Obama's beliefs and or affiliations later this year. The real mud slinging has yet to commence. [Smoking]

#139272 - 15/02/08 01:38 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
Just imagine how much fun the GOP's going to have with Obama's beliefs and or affiliations later this year. The real mud slinging has yet to commence. [Smoking]
So true for both sides of the aisle.

#139273 - 15/02/08 10:07 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone else notice how on here the left is attempting to discuss issues and the right is slinging mud?

...Karl Rove is alive and well. :rolleyes:

#139274 - 16/02/08 12:46 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
[b]When I think about Paul.. I remember a quote from the Simpsons. "Go ahead.. throw your vote away!" [LOL]
If everyone didn't feel that way and went ahead and placed their vote for him, THINGS MIGHT HAPPEN! I don't understand this. I'd rather vote for him, who I support wholeheartedly, than for someone else "who has a better chance of winning" even though I think they suck and have not offered valid solutions to today's issues. Why NOT make a statement and vote for someone who I personally think is brave and has a consistent voting record in Congress (So they call him Dr. No? At least he stands up for what he believes in and has been consistent throughout his career!) and is not scared to speak the truth instead of just spewing what most people "want to hear".

It's like Bill Maher said when he had Dr. Paul on his show: "If America was a smarter country, wouldn't you be leading the polls?"

I am not scared to vote for someone I support. And no one should be intimidated b/c "he has a slim chance of winning". Vote anyway! You may change things!

Why does that not make sense?

(Does this make me a Paulbot now? LOL)[/b]
Interesting...not at all relevent...but interesting, nonetheless. Perhaps if you hadn't mentioned Bil Maher, you may have had some credibility.

I seriously hope you are not looking to Maher for guidance on this whole deal...you'd be better off asking Smith what he thinks. Don't misunderstand - I get you, Lizz, but c'mon...Bill Maher? This guy is worse than Rush, O'Reilly, Hannity and Coulter put together (I'd do Coulter, by the way laugh ). He is (obviously) the polar opposite of those I mentioned, but much more caustic and damaging to the fabric of the fragile TV viewing public referred to as "undecided". I mean, if I had never picked up a paper before, or taken the time to research the candidates myself, I may take his WORD as the truth. The bile he tends to spew is not only wrong, it is hateful and the epitome of sensationalism over OUR airways. The man really makes me ill - quite seriously. To hear this guy talk, it is quite evident that he not only hates Republicans, but America as well. He is the only person on TV that LITERALLY gives me such an ill feeling when I see him that i have to change the channel. Not that I haven't given him the chance - I have struggled through many shows, but enough is enough.....

Please, take another look at the value of your vote, and what you should do with it. I don't care if you vote Rep or Dem - just don't let Maher sway your vote - please....

Ross

#139275 - 16/02/08 03:45 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
(I'd do Coulter, by the way laugh ).
I think you're the first person I've come across that's into the equine sex. laugh

Ann Coulter... :::shudder:::

Page 12 of 26 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25 26 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal