2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142281 - 10/03/08 02:51 PM CHASE can suck my balls!
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Bill due Feb 22nd (Friday).. I send in the bill the week prior. They get it on the 21st (Thursday) and post on the 25 (Monday) charging me a $40.00 late fee and killing my 0% interest rate.

Closed the account and already wrote the check to pay it off...

FUCKING ASSHOLES! I hope the entire industry crumbles...

Edited to add: They wouldn't budge on the issue either.... fuckers.

#142282 - 10/03/08 02:57 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Anonymous
Unregistered

BOA's worse. And they just bought Countrywide.

#142283 - 10/03/08 03:47 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My neighbor works for the Banking side of Countrywide. Been told to update her Resume. frown

A UK bank Lloyds Bank - charged me £10 ($20) for going 1 penny (2 cents) overdrawn for 1 day. I did the same thing - Closed my account. Even after they were kind enough to refund the charge.

Banks suck. Although my Credit Union is real good - Sun West FCU - but I think they are AZ only.

#142284 - 10/03/08 03:52 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Samueul Offline

I have MEMFCU for my credit union and they are outstanding. In the process of converting all remaining loads etc. to them.

I'll own one credit card from this point on and carry a very small balance on it...

#142285 - 10/03/08 04:16 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
Chase routinely misapplies any extra principal payments I make on my mortgage, putting them in "suspense funds" until I call and tell them they're creeping fuckwads. Even then, they don't credit me for at least another week.

I keep meaning to google the whole subject to see if I can complain to the Fed Reserve or someone and get triple damages.

#142286 - 10/03/08 05:05 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Bill due Feb 22nd (Friday).. I send in the bill the week prior. They get it on the 21st (Thursday) and post on the 25 (Monday) charging me a $40.00 late fee and killing my 0% interest rate.

How do you know they got it the 21st?
Why not pay online and save the trouble of letting the USPS slow down the check?

Dont blame you for closing it though.

#142287 - 10/03/08 05:13 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Quote:
[b]Bill due Feb 22nd (Friday).. I send in the bill the week prior. They get it on the 21st (Thursday) and post on the 25 (Monday) charging me a $40.00 late fee and killing my 0% interest rate.

How do you know they got it the 21st?
Why not pay online and save the trouble of letting the USPS slow down the check?

Dont blame you for closing it though.[/b]
The rep I talked to on the phone explained when they got it, when they posted it, and why I got charged. It seems their post date is the only thing that matters. USPS didn't fuck this up, Chase got the payment before the due date. Chase just plain fucked me. Besides the postage on the payment would have been dated well before the due date which is something that I thought these fuckers had to honor?

#142288 - 10/03/08 05:20 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by silverxglider:

I keep meaning to google the whole subject to see if I can complain to the Fed Reserve or someone and get triple damages.
If you were to complain to someone, it would be either the SEC or the FTC, not the Reserve.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#142289 - 10/03/08 05:54 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Paper check? WTF is that?

It's 2008... Lets try one on the following-

Auto-debit

Pay online

ACH

Wire

Pay at the bank (if you don't trust the internet....)

Banks are in the business to make money, albeit riddled with ways for them to make more. Save the stamps and $30 boxes of checks and say hello to year 2000 (or 1990 for that matter)

#142290 - 10/03/08 06:25 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Samueul Offline

Sometimes I pay online, sometimes I don't. Shouldn't matter if they get it physically or electronically, they got it before the due date right?

#142291 - 10/03/08 06:28 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight in Armor:
BOA's worse. And they just bought Countrywide.
Actually, BOA got sued awhile back for something like this. Next thing I knew, I received a check in the mail and they changed their policy to counting deposits first and then withdrawals on Monday after the weekend. I think they got busted for doing the opposite so they would be collecting a bunch of overwithdrawal fees, bounced checks, etc.

#142292 - 10/03/08 10:15 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Not to mention BoA gives credit and checking accounts to illegal immigrants *ahem*, excuse me, people with no social security numbers.

Fuck Bank of America. They will NEVER get my business again on that principle alone.

#142293 - 11/03/08 02:54 AM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
Not to mention BoA gives credit and checking accounts to illegal immigrants *ahem*, excuse me, people with no social security numbers.

Fuck Bank of America. They will NEVER get my business again on that principle alone.
The illegal alien argument notwithstanding, I shouldn't have to give my social security number to get a bank account.

It absolutely galls me that they do a credit check for me to open a checking account. It's my fucking money.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#142294 - 11/03/08 04:17 AM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My guy has Chase. He was $0.56 overdrawn somehow and they charged him the $35.00 overdraft. He called and they wouldn't help him out. He told them to go fuck themselves and hung up.

#142295 - 11/03/08 05:30 AM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
BurgPath Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight in Armor:
[b]BOA's worse. And they just bought Countrywide.
Actually, BOA got sued awhile back for something like this. Next thing I knew, I received a check in the mail and they changed their policy to counting deposits first and then withdrawals on Monday after the weekend. I think they got busted for doing the opposite so they would be collecting a bunch of overwithdrawal fees, bounced checks, etc.[/b]
AmSouth used to do the same thing. After they stiffed me I moved to a credit union and have been happy since.

#142296 - 11/03/08 09:20 AM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I used to use Compass bank and dint like there business practice on their credit cards. So I ended up closing my account and going with a local credit union. Thing I like about the Credit union is that when I deposit my check it is available immeaditly and I dont have to wait till the next day to have funds available

#142297 - 11/03/08 01:39 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too had to close my Chase CC account, all over about $20 that was on the Card when I moved and my addresses were all mixed up and I didn't see a bill, nor did I expect to, when you pay off the CC, they don't usually waste the mail.

Anyways, They SUCK and I'll never go back to them. I should have known, when I was denied a CC the first time I requested one, then years later they offered one with 9.99% Fixed for life, then upped it to 23.9% when the problem occured.

Now mind you, I put at least 80K through that card with two Home Remodelings and over 10 years of charges. Not good enough to the guy on the phone.

What pissed me off even more, was as I'm cancelling my account he tries to sell me on some other offer! I'm like, "Dude, I'm cancelling the account! Why on earth would I want anything else?!?"

I also use SWFCU, but don't have a CC with them.

I have Crapital One and so far they are ok, but just ok.

I'm screwed as well, because I just recently bought a Countrywide Home Mortgage and now they've gone BofA. I hate them due to the Fact of the Illegals getting their accounts there and also the fact they charged me for having less than $100 in a savings account and by the time I withdrew the money I had something like $20 left. Bastards.

End Rant!

#142298 - 11/03/08 03:15 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Credit card? What's that?

I use my Wells Fargo Visa/Debit card. If I don't have the money in my account... I don't buy it. Period.

Does anyone remember that Steve Martin commercial from SNL? The one where he goes for financial counseling and the counselor tries to talk to him about saving money and not using credit cards? Damn funny.... "What is this... this.. 'SAVED' money? Can I use it on my credit card?"

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#142299 - 11/03/08 03:40 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
Credit card? What's that?

I use my Wells Fargo Visa/Debit card. If I don't have the money in my account... I don't buy it. Period.

Does anyone remember that Steve Martin commercial from SNL? The one where he goes for financial counseling and the counselor tries to talk to him about saving money and not using credit cards? Damn funny.... "What is this... this.. 'SAVED' money? Can I use it on my credit card?"
I currently have three cards all with a combined balance of less than $10,000. Other than a truck payment and mortgage it's my only debt and I haven't used any of the cards in over a year (we cut them up) as we decided to go pretty much debt free. I make enough and we have enough saved that we don't need credit at this time. The Chase card had about a $1500 balance at a 0% intro. rate. I was fine paying a little over the minimum as it was all going to the balance until this episode...

#142300 - 11/03/08 04:45 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Oh, you did the right thing... absolutely.

I got some DVD movies for Christmas and they were duplicates of movies I already owned. They came with gift receipts so I made a mental note to take them back to Best Buy. January 13th, I tried to exchange them for different movies... but NO! Best Buy has a 30 day expiration time for exchanges. They were in the original shrink wrap! I had receipts! They wouldn't budge. SO...

I always test drive sub-woofers, TVs, car speakers, whatever, from that Best Buy, then I call the manager over to thank him, then I inform him that I am leaving to purchase them from Circuit City or from the Web. If he asks why, I remind him that if he'd have taken back "Stripes" for an even exchange for another movie valued at $12.99, he'd have made that $500 sale today... then I politely shake his hand, smile, and walk out.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#142301 - 11/03/08 05:12 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
Oh, you did the right thing... absolutely.

I got some DVD movies for Christmas and they were duplicates of movies I already owned. They came with gift receipts so I made a mental note to take them back to Best Buy. January 13th, I tried to exchange them for different movies... but NO! Best Buy has a 30 day expiration time for exchanges. They were in the original shrink wrap! I had receipts! They wouldn't budge. SO...

I always test drive sub-woofers, TVs, car speakers, whatever, from that Best Buy, then I call the manager over to thank him, then I inform him that I am leaving to purchase them from Circuit City or from the Web. If he asks why, I remind him that if he'd have taken back "Stripes" for an even exchange for another movie valued at $12.99, he'd have made that $500 sale today... then I politely shake his hand, smile, and walk out.
LOL, NICE!

#142302 - 11/03/08 05:18 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Mobycat Offline

That's an idiot manager at Best Buy. Every place I know of...if it's a gift, they will start the "purchase period" on Dec. 25th.

#142303 - 11/03/08 07:58 PM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

I currently have three cards all with a combined balance of less than $10,000.
If you have savings and are still carrying a credit card balance, you are doing the wrong thing. You are screwing yourself.

Use your savings to pay off the credit card balance. It makes no sense keeping money in your bank account and carrying credit card balances. You are losing money by doing that.

#142304 - 12/03/08 07:54 AM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]I currently have three cards all with a combined balance of less than $10,000.
If you have savings and are still carrying a credit card balance, you are doing the wrong thing. You are screwing yourself.

Use your savings to pay off the credit card balance. It makes no sense keeping money in your bank account and carrying credit card balances. You are losing money by doing that.[/b]
Madman, you are correct and that's what we are doing, but we keep some liquid cash in savings for "emergency" reasons. Perfect example, our washer bellied up on us last month and we took the $600.00 out of savings to replace it.

#142305 - 12/03/08 10:49 AM Re: CHASE can suck my balls!
BurgPath Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]
Quote:

[b]I currently have three cards all with a combined balance of less than $10,000.

Use your savings to pay off the credit card balance. It makes no sense keeping money in your bank account and carrying credit card balances. You are losing money by doing that.[/b]
Madman, you are correct and that's what we are doing, but we keep some liquid cash in savings for "emergency" reasons. Perfect example, our washer bellied up on us last month and we took the $600.00 out of savings to replace it.[/b]
Same here. We keep a buffer of funds so we can AVOID using credit. We're slowly paying cards off. We close on our refi later today and the lower house payment will help us pay them off faster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal