2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#144967 - 14/05/08 07:56 AM Zeitgeist - The Movie
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Anyone seen this? I'm curious as to what you all think. We got sucked into this last night and afterwards we were convinced of everything. How can anyone dispute it?!?!

It's 2 hours long. Much better than 2 hours of crappy TV.

www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

#144968 - 14/05/08 08:21 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Wrong!

"Hell's Kitchen" and "Deadliest Catch" were on last night.

:p

#144969 - 14/05/08 08:24 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Anyone seen this? I'm curious as to what you all think. We got sucked into this last night and afterwards we were convinced of everything. How can anyone dispute it?!?!

www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
From Wikipedia... AHEM:

Quote:
In addition to attracting significant public interest,[8] it has been criticized for relying too heavily on anecdotal evidence,[10] and for using unidentified, undated, and unsourced video news clips, voice-overs, quotes, and book citations without page numbers.[11][12][13] In a piece entitled "Internet idiocy: the latest pandemic", the Arizona Daily Wildcat refers to the film as "internet bullshit", saying that "witty sayings, fear tactics and a cool, assertive air all enable them to convince the unwitting public of their points".[14] The Irish Times called it "unhinged" and accused it of offering nothing but "surreal perversions of genuine issues and debates."[8]

Jordyn Marcellus of The Gauntlet felt it was ironic that the film's viewers "have blindly followed the documentary without doing their own research." He states that, though the film is "well-edited and is truly compelling", it "glosses over inconvenient facts," uses "deceptive filmmaking" and that "for a film that rails against deception, there's a lot of deception implicit in its creation."[13]

On March 10, 2008, director Peter Joseph removed the "Clarifications" section from the film's official site, which The Gauntlet believed "alluded to dishonest filmmaking tactics that would otherwise help to discredit the film." It was replaced by a "Q&A Section". The new section responds to the film's critics stating that "All Part 1 'debunkers' do one or more of the following: (1) They attack/marginalize the messengers. (2) They do no real research. (3) They blindly ask 'Where are the 'Primary Sources'?' (4) They projected their own subjective interpretation of a piece of information by using 'semantic manipulation'"[13]

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#144970 - 14/05/08 08:24 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]It's 2 hours long. Much better than 2 hours of crappy TV.
Wrong!

:p [/b]
[Thread=Hijacked]
Sig Hansen is the man.

#144971 - 14/05/08 08:28 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
I've heard of it and read about it.

It's a movie about insane conspiracy theories. The same tired old conspiracy theories put forth by and often believed by mentally unstable and completely ignorant people.

9-11 was a government conspiracy.... the Federal Reserve is a conspiracy.

Come on Midnight. You certainly can't be saying you believe this garbage. I thought you were better than that. Stuff like this is the realm of the uninformed and ignorant. People driven by emotion without intellect.

#144972 - 14/05/08 08:29 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
[b]
Quote:
[b]It's 2 hours long. Much better than 2 hours of crappy TV.
Wrong!

:p [/b]
[Thread=Hijacked]
Sig Hansen is the man.[/b]
Best show on TV. [ThumbsUp]

#144973 - 14/05/08 08:48 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
MidnightX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Come on Midnight. You certainly can't be saying you believe this garbage. I thought you were better than that. Stuff like this is the realm of the uninformed and ignorant. People driven by emotion without intellect.
Of course people are going to dispute it. They were probably hired to do so. wink

I just find it hard to believe that everything in the video is completely false. Do people really believe our Government is completely innocent? That the "men behind the curtain" are not responsible for a lot of what our society is going through today? There are videos and resources cited to back up the claims. It's not all just a guy saying what he believes.

Am I dumb? Or are other people dumb for not opening their eyes? Unless someone gives me exact explanations for everything that movie claims, why shouldn't I believe it?!

#144974 - 14/05/08 09:25 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Am I dumb? Or are other people dumb for not opening their eyes? Unless someone gives me exact explanations for everything that movie claims, why shouldn't I believe it?!
Any one of us can make a video documentary that purports the existence of a race of humanoid reptilian creatures that controls humanity (Yes... there are morons out there that believe that too).

Would you also require an explanation as to why that wasn't true before blindly believing it was true?

There are no "men behind the curtain" controlling the world. The world indeed has many powerful people and entities who seek more power and more wealth. However their interests rarely align and more often conflict and compete with each other in that quest for wealth and power.

There are no worldwide conspiracies acting in concert. There is no Illuminati.

Conspiracy theories are for the paranoid and those who are easily duped. Conspiracy theories feed into many people's sense of powerlessness. Unfortunately there are too many people easily sucked in by this type of stuff. Use your head. Don't be one of them.

The government can hardly keep any secrets, nevermind the thousands of people that would be required for any type of government conspiracy.

#144975 - 14/05/08 09:38 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
MidnightX Offline

If someone showed me video of humanoid reptilian creatures trying to control our universe, I may believe it!

I dunno. I could argue this all day. I think you should actually watch the video and tell me how some of that stuff isn't true. It's not just people talking about conspiracy theories. It shows evidence and explains things!

My head hurts. smile

#144976 - 14/05/08 09:42 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
TravelingFool Offline

I believe that with rare exceptions, the people in high positions in our government are:

A) Too stupid to contrive any sort of intelligent conspiracy

and

B) Too selfish to participate in any conspiracy "by committee"

Most of them can't hire a hooker, get a BJ in the men's room, shove a cigar into an intern's coochie, or father a child out of wedlock without getting caught... and you expect them to participate in or engineer a multi-bank commerce fraud against the "unknowing public?"

Seriously. Please...

#144977 - 14/05/08 09:58 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
If someone showed me video of humanoid reptilian creatures trying to control our universe, I may believe it!

My head hurts. smile
You should probably stay away from Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kirsti Alley, and that weird homeless dude with the deeds to the world's bridges...

#144978 - 14/05/08 10:16 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I dunno. I could argue this all day. I think you should actually watch the video and tell me how some of that stuff isn't true. It's not just people talking about conspiracy theories. It shows evidence and explains things!

My head hurts. smile
You're head should hurt if you believe these internet conspiracy theory videos.

I never would have taken you for one of the "tin foil hat" crowd.

#144979 - 14/05/08 10:36 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
MidnightX Offline

I'm not saying I believe. But I haven't heard anything to prove otherwise! Why did certain things happen they way they did? They question things and provide evidence against what the American people are told. Where's the counter-evidence against the "conspiracy theorists". For all I know, they could be TRUTH theorists!

Sorry you're disappointed in me. I cannot go on living anymore if you think I'm dumb. :p

#144980 - 14/05/08 11:08 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I'm not saying I believe. But I haven't heard anything to prove otherwise! Why did certain things happen they way they did? They question things and provide evidence against what the American people are told. Where's the counter-evidence against the "conspiracy theorists". For all I know, they could be TRUTH theorists!

Sorry you're disappointed in me. I cannot go on living anymore if you think I'm dumb. :p
What questions do you have? Every single one of these idiotic conspiracy theory questions has been answered. What exactly do you want to know? Just ask.

By the way.... 9-11 was a conspiracy. It was a group of Islamic terrorists who "conspired" and meticulously planned multiple hijackings and attacks on predetermined US targets.

Conspiracy theorists all display a huge mental block regarding the concept that one man or even a seemingly small group of people can have major impacts on history or nations as a whole.

The purveyors of conspiracy theories also play into the neuroses and even things like the possible racism or reverse racism of their intended audiences.

For example, the 9-11 conspiracy theorists often claim a bunch of terrorists could never possibly pull off such an operation. Specifically a bunch of stupid "brown people" could never have pulled off anything so complex. There must be some evil "white people" behind such evil acts. Powerful people with an ulterior motives.

Sometimes they will even combine conspiracy theories and throw in a powerful "cabal of Jews" as being involved in the mix.

There is no shortage of emotionally driven paranoids who will believe such nonsense.

#144981 - 14/05/08 01:38 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
MidnightX Offline

Watch the movie and tell me all the scientists, engineers, physicists, witnesses, employees, etc. are all wrong and explain to me why. I'm open to what you have to say! I'm serious. "So serial."

#144982 - 14/05/08 02:18 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Watch the movie and tell me all the scientists, engineers, physicists, witnesses, employees, etc. are all wrong and explain to me why. I'm open to what you have to say! I'm serious. "So serial."
I don't need to watch that garbage. There is no way there is anything new in the film that could be included that hasn't already been around for a long time. It's all the same old bullshit conspiracy theories. What is new about it? Did they include the bullshit that George Bush is going to merge the US, Mexico, and Canada? Create one currency? George Bush better hurry up. He only has a very short period of time to execute his sinister plan. [Freak]

Everything presented in these bullshit conspiracy theory "psuedo-documentaries" are not evidence of anything. In fact everything is taken out of context combined with an extraordinary amount of circumstantial and anecdotal data.

It's all designed to play with your emotions. I doubt you have even made a serious attempt to investigate any claim of any of these so-called conspiracies on your own. You seem to be taking it at face value.

You are starting to sound like what this review of the film stated....

http://gauntlet.ucalgary.ca/story/12284

Quote:
There's an irony, though. For a film that tries so hard to tell the viewer to think about what they experience in the world and to reject authority, many people have blindly followed the documentary without doing their own research. This is why, more than anything, a hard look at the ideas of the film is needed.
Do your own research. If you wish to believe this type of stuff, go right ahead. It's a free country. But then again, it's not free if you believe these things. [Freak]

You would also be doing yourself a favor if you stayed away from things like Alex Jones and his Prison Planet web site.

#144983 - 14/05/08 02:48 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

MidnightX-

Due to the sensitive nature of this conversation, I can't say more than this: if those theories are real and you find out about them, be careful!

People who find the truth end up missing.

#144984 - 14/05/08 03:25 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Madman, you sound like another lamb being led around with the rest of the flock. No one can force you to watch this movie, but until you do your previous comments on this topic are worthless!

There are still too many questions about 9-11 that have gone unanswered, and in my opinion this film simply brings some of these unanswered questions back to the surface. I find that the "war on terror" has distracted many Americans from getting answers about the events that occurred on their own soil.

I personally don't subscribe to all the theories put forth in this film, but in my opinion many of them are well worth investigating and finding the REAL answers to.

....oh yeah, this is the part where you come in and say that I'm a dumb Canadian, and that I don't know shit, and tell me to go back to watching hockey in my igloo....just thought I'd save you the trouble. [Finger]

#144985 - 14/05/08 03:56 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trout lake tuna:

Madman, you sound like another lamb being led around with the rest of the flock. No one can force you to watch this movie, but until you do your previous comments on this topic are worthless!
So let me get this straight.... I'm not a conspiracy theory nut, so that makes me a lamb being led around with the rest of the flock.

You have it backwards. The conspiracy theory nuts are part of the flock being led.

I can't think of any conspiracy theory that hasn't been debunked. None stand up under scrutiny.

Quote:
There are still too many questions about 9-11 that have gone unanswered
What exactly has gone unanswered?

Try to keep things on a rational plane. I would rather not get into tin foil hat territory. That seems to be where many conspiracy theorists reside.

#144986 - 14/05/08 04:24 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy? Is it not possible that there are people out there that still have questions, and perhaps evidence that does not lend itself to popular belief?

I watched this film quite some time ago, and from what I recall the film does not try to ram theories down anyones throat. It simply offers questions for the individual watching to ponder, or in your case disregard.

It's quite obvious that you have made up your mind on this, but if you sit back and watch even just the first 30-45 min. of this film you'll see what questions we're talking about.

Remember, it's just a film....it's not like we're asking you to give up your first born child and join a cult.

[Uh Oh !]

#144987 - 14/05/08 05:03 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trout lake tuna:

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy? Is it not possible that there are people out there that still have questions, and perhaps evidence that does not lend itself to popular belief?
Why can't you answer a simple question put forth to you?

You claim there are unanswered questions regarding 9-11. You claim that perhaps there is "evidence" that doesn't lend itself to popular belief.

I asked you what is unanswered. Well, .... What exactly is unanswered in your mind?

What evidence doesn't support what is probably one of the most investigated events in American history?

You yourself are in conspiracy theory territory now.

Quote:
I watched this film quite some time ago, and from what I recall the film does not try to ram theories down anyones throat. It simply offers questions for the individual watching to ponder, or in your case disregard.
I'll ask you the same question I asked Midnight. What questions does the film present that do not have rational, logical, and evidentiary answers?

Quote:
It's quite obvious that you have made up your mind on this, but if you sit back and watch even just the first 30-45 min. of this film you'll see what questions we're talking about.
I don't have to watch the film. I know exactly what is contained in the film. There has been enough written about it and I am very familiar with all the conspiracy theories discussed in the film. Nothing contained within it is new. There is nothing contained within it that hasn't been widely written about and discussed. It just packages the material in a more clever manner.

But it is all the same old conspiracy theory nonsense. Usually bought and believed by a certain profiles of individuals.

And yes... certain types of people are more prone to conspiracy type theories than others. That is something else that has been written about and researched.

#144988 - 15/05/08 11:54 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
MidnightX Offline

Quote:
I don't have to watch the film. I know exactly what is contained in the film. There has been enough written about it and I am very familiar with all the conspiracy theories discussed in the film. Nothing contained within it is new. There is nothing contained within it that hasn't been widely written about and discussed. It just packages the material in a more clever manner.

But it is all the same old conspiracy theory nonsense. Usually bought and believed by a certain profiles of individuals.

And yes... certain types of people are more prone to conspiracy type theories than others. That is something else that has been written about and researched.
Dude, you're totally telling me to research and form my own opinion, but you're basing YOUR opinion on other peoples' research and thoughts. I based mine on the research and thoughts of the people who made this movie. I think you should watch it and tell me how the stuff in it is NOT true. It presents evidence that questions/contradicts what the American people are told. And it's damn convincing!

Where are the movies that debunk the conspiracy theories? I wanna see one! I just want someone to prove otherwise!

#144989 - 15/05/08 12:19 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Dude, you're totally telling me to research and form my own opinion, but you're basing YOUR opinion on other peoples' research and thoughts. I based mine on the research and thoughts of the people who made this movie. I think you should watch it and tell me how the stuff in it is NOT true. It presents evidence that questions/contradicts what the American people are told. And it's damn convincing!

Where are the movies that debunk the conspiracy theories? I wanna see one! I just want someone to prove otherwise!
I'm not aware of any movie that deals with debunking conspiracy theories. Most conspiracy theory type movies are movies propagating conspiracy theories. Like this Zeitgeist movie.

There are however volumes of books and other publications and even evidence debunking every single conspiracy theory that seems to enter the realm of popular culture.

If you want to take what some film claims as fact without doing any independent research, that is your right. A lot of people seem prone to conspiracy type stuff. Most especially Americans.

You still refuse to give me an example of one specific thing the American people are told which you believe to be false. I will assume you saw it discussed in the film, but give me some examples.

#144990 - 15/05/08 12:53 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

These are probably some of the whackiest conspiracy theories....

-Apollo 11 Moon Landings were faked by NASA

-September 11 was orchestrated by the U. S. government

-Barcodes are really intended to control people or are related to the "mark of the beast" as in Satanic

-Area 51 has aliens and a space ship

-Kentucky Fried Chicken makes black men impotent

-Princess Diana was murdered

-AIDS Is a Man-Made Disease

-Lizard-People run the world

-The Illuminati run the world

People who believe any of the above have serious problems.

#144991 - 15/05/08 02:10 PM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
These are probably some of the whackiest conspiracy theories....

-Apollo 11 Moon Landings were faked by NASA

-September 11 was orchestrated by the U. S. government

-Barcodes are really intended to control people or are related to the "mark of the beast" as in Satanic

-Area 51 has aliens and a space ship

-Kentucky Fried Chicken makes black men impotent

-Princess Diana was murdered

-AIDS Is a Man-Made Disease

-Lizard-People run the world

-The Illuminati run the world

People who believe any of the above have serious problems.
I think the guys that routinely ask me for "spare change" subscribe to most of these theories.

You forgot one though:

Pearl Harbor was intentional, we gave the Japanese our position, told them when to attack, where the ships were, etc. I always get a good laugh out of that one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal