shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#147964 - 09/01/08 08:32 PM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
That probably has to do with the fact that 1) he's openly admitted he's a practicing Muslim from the word "go," and 2) the media pretty much thinks he's the Second Coming, and he can do no wrong in their eyes. The guy's a consummate politician.
While I don't disagree with your second assertion, your first assertion is that "he's openly admitted he's a practicing Muslim from the word 'go'". Can you cite your source for this information? I'm having a hard time finding it.

#147965 - 10/01/08 03:42 AM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
But study its founding doctrine, and you will quickly see a hateful, paranoid, racist religion.
You just summed up every single religion on the planet.

*ducks for cover*

#147966 - 10/01/08 09:52 AM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Brigham Young had a hitman as a right-hand man. This guy (can't remember his name) was at the center of this massacre. Insane
Rockwell? Was that his name, the so called enforcer of the early mormons?

What this massacre almost certianly did do was increase the fears settlers had of native american attacks, which may have lead to more indians killed in the frontier days.

What the mormon church did about it was also very telling - they knew damn well then what happened and suppressed or outright destroyed evidence and claimed no involvement. Only recently did they admit to a role in the massacre.

Mormons scare me - nice people, but they believe some whacky shite.

#147967 - 10/01/08 09:52 AM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
No, I'd keep my pants zipped and do my freaking job, and then go home to my hot wife (Jackie was a hottie).
And if Jackie had been doin' her job, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Like Bob Goulet once said to me, "Nigga, it's a hungry dog that turn over the trash." And I never questioned Goulet.

Shit, I messed that up. It wasn't Goulet, it was Ike Turner that said that. Goulet said that if a black chick ever finds out you banged her sister, tell her that when she said she was her sister, you thought it was a "African unity thang".

Or was that James Lipton? Jesus, I gotta quit drinkin'.

#147968 - 10/01/08 09:57 AM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Saline Offline

Loc: Fruita , CO
Indians were terrorists? hmm interesting. Would you not try and aggressivley defend your land, food, and family from foreign invaders?
Just curious, has nothing to do with the mountain meadow incident, but how come when the indians won it was considered a "massacre" and when the whites one it was a "battle"?

At any rate Under the Banner of Heaven was a captivating book and was quite the eye opener for me. I'd recommend it to anyone.

#147969 - 10/01/08 10:20 AM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Quote:
[b]No, I'd keep my pants zipped and do my freaking job, and then go home to my hot wife (Jackie was a hottie).
And if Jackie had been doin' her job, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Like Bob Goulet once said to me, "Nigga, it's a hungry dog that turn over the trash." And I never questioned Goulet.

Shit, I messed that up. It wasn't Goulet, it was Ike Turner that said that. Goulet said that if a black chick ever finds out you banged her sister, tell her that when she said she was her sister, you thought it was a "African unity thang".

Or was that James Lipton? Jesus, I gotta quit drinkin'.[/b]
[Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing] [Laughing]

#147970 - 10/01/08 10:40 AM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
[QUOTE]Hey you would Poke Norma too
No, I'd keep my pants zipped and do my freaking job, and then go home to my hot wife (Jackie was a hottie).[/b]
***Not defending JFK or his actions***

But, what the fuck does his fidelity have to do with him doing his job?[/QB]
Disagree with me if you want on this one, but to me, a President is, in addition to being Commander in Chief, a role model. Kids say they want to be President when they grow up. They don't say, "I want to cheat on my wife and lie about it to the whole nation". They want to be the President because he seems like a good guy, a man with morals and convictions, and who does good things for his nation and the people in it. Cheating on your wife, regardless of whatever childish things some in here might say about it, is immoral and destructive behavior. It ruins marriages and families. So to answer your question, a man's true integrity is measured not when he's in the public eye, but when he's alone. If he's willing to cheat on his wife, you know, "just a little booty on the side, no big deal" then how can you at all assume he won't cheat elsewhere when the stakes are much, much higher?

#147971 - 10/01/08 12:49 PM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
It's interesting that the thread went from Mormons to Clinton to JFK.

Here is what JFK had to say about the Mormons in a Salt lake City speech in 1963. Most likely the audience was all Mormon....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2NEC054O26g

Following that speech, JFK noted that Utah Mormon women have bigger tits than Missouri Mormon women. He also invited some Mormon babes back to his hotel room for some Church of Latter Day Booty. wink

#147972 - 10/01/08 01:25 PM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
It's interesting that the thread went from Mormons to Clinton to JFK.
I was thinking the same thing. Weird. Guess it was the Mitt factor.

#147973 - 10/01/08 02:10 PM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
[QUOTE]Hey you would Poke Norma too
No, I'd keep my pants zipped and do my freaking job, and then go home to my hot wife (Jackie was a hottie).[/b]
***Not defending JFK or his actions***

But, what the fuck does his fidelity have to do with him doing his job?[/b]
Disagree with me if you want on this one, but to me, a President is, in addition to being Commander in Chief, a role model. Kids say they want to be President when they grow up. They don't say, "I want to cheat on my wife and lie about it to the whole nation". They want to be the President because he seems like a good guy, a man with morals and convictions, and who does good things for his nation and the people in it. Cheating on your wife, regardless of whatever childish things some in here might say about it, is immoral and destructive behavior. It ruins marriages and families. So to answer your question, a man's true integrity is measured not when he's in the public eye, but when he's alone. If he's willing to cheat on his wife, you know, "just a little booty on the side, no big deal" then how can you at all assume he won't cheat elsewhere when the stakes are much, much higher?
I was going to argue with you but there's no point, I choose to disagree with you.

#147974 - 10/01/08 02:31 PM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I was going to argue with you but there's no point, I choose to disagree with you.

bummer.

#147975 - 11/01/08 05:01 PM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]That probably has to do with the fact that 1) he's openly admitted he's a practicing Muslim from the word "go," and 2) the media pretty much thinks he's the Second Coming, and he can do no wrong in their eyes. The guy's a consummate politician.
While I don't disagree with your second assertion, your first assertion is that "he's openly admitted he's a practicing Muslim from the word 'go'". Can you cite your source for this information? I'm having a hard time finding it.[/b]
And a bummer still you haven't answered this question, rift.

#147976 - 11/01/08 05:42 PM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]That probably has to do with the fact that 1) he's openly admitted he's a practicing Muslim from the word "go," and 2) the media pretty much thinks he's the Second Coming, and he can do no wrong in their eyes. The guy's a consummate politician.
While I don't disagree with your second assertion, your first assertion is that "he's openly admitted he's a practicing Muslim from the word 'go'". Can you cite your source for this information? I'm having a hard time finding it.[/b]
And a bummer still you haven't answered this question, rift.[/b]
Ah thanks Shahram. I missed that one entirely. I'll get back to y'all.

#147977 - 11/01/08 05:51 PM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well okay... I'm not a man who's above admitting I'm wrong. I can't find where I heard that statement. It's like it's just vanished. But I did find something that apparently refutes my claim directly. Although I will say, these words are not from B-Boy himself. Here's the quote...

"Obama regularly attends church while on the campaign trail, but seldom with reporters watching. He is known to invoke religious references in his speeches and has said he has a "personal relationship" with Jesus Christ. He often has said that religion has a place in public life and that faith and politics are not exclusively the domain of conservatives."

So if that's the truth, and who the heck knows anymore, then he's a Christian. Then again, Sharpton and Jackson profess to be Christians too. I puke a little in my mouth every time I hear them start up with their "everyone's out to get the black man" crap again. :rolleyes:

That aside, if that quote I provided is true, then I'm dead wrong. I hope I am.

#147978 - 11/01/08 07:02 PM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Then again, Sharpton and Jackson profess to be Christians too.
In what way are Jackson and Sharpton not Christians?

#147979 - 12/01/08 08:26 AM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Then again, Sharpton and Jackson profess to be Christians too.
In what way are Jackson and Sharpton not Christians?[/b]
This has gone way beyond hijacking this thread. But anyway, I'll answer that by asking another question...

When was the last time (or any time for that matter) when you or anyone heard them speak of Jesus? I honestly cannot think of a single time for either man. And I have even watched a couple of Jackson's sermons in his church. Those men are politicians and activists, but not reverends. A reverend's job, as well as any Christian's job, is to point people to Jesus. Those men don't do that. Ever. All I ever hear from any of them is how whitey's holding the black man down. Puh-lease.

But to reconnect this back to Mormons... Mitt Romney, blah, blah, blah.

#147980 - 12/01/08 08:46 AM Re: September Dawn Mountain Meadow Massacre
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
I can't find where I heard that statement. It's like it's just vanished.
A crazy guess is that you watch Fox News, they have eluted to this forever, though it's nore remotely true.

http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck/2007/11/12/obama_is_a_committed_christian.php

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal