2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149660 - 09/07/08 10:13 AM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Das right, chillen'. Whitey fin' me frightenin'! I jes hope dey don' lynch me 'fo the 'lection! Oh lawdy lawd, dem Xterra drivahs is some sorta hatin' on me!"

#149661 - 09/07/08 10:27 AM Re: Black National Anthem
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

"Das right, chillen'. Whitey fin' me frightenin'! I jes hope dey don' lynch me 'fo the 'lection! Oh lawdy lawd, dem Xterra drivahs is some sorta hatin' on me!"
Slap a priest's collar on the guy in this picture and I might find it disturbing... [LOL]

#149662 - 09/07/08 10:57 AM Re: Black National Anthem
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:

Weak.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#149663 - 09/07/08 11:08 AM Re: Black National Anthem
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
OK, now I've watched the entire clip. My first thought after watching a portion of it was that he was telling people to further accommodate illegals by learning Spanish. Actually his point, though poorly articulated, was that Americans should learn multiple languages, not Spanish in particular.

So not that big a deal. What's a bigger deal is people who try and paint someone as a racist because that person doesn't support a black candidate. Though I'm skeptical that reason will get through to those types, and I don't feel anyone is owed an explanation for my politics, I'll nonetheless state for the record that it's Obama's positions, not his race, that has me supporting McCain.

So rant all you want, post all the lame race-bating crap you want, you're just wasting your time and ours.

#149664 - 09/07/08 11:32 AM Re: Black National Anthem
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
It's interesting that you would think of the Uncle Remus character.

While Uncle Remus was supposed to be a former slave who had no education and was supposed to have spoken a slave dialect of the English language, what is the excuse of many modern people of the same race for not speaking proper English? It's not because of a lack of opportunity.

Obama wants kids to learn Spanish. How about Obama addressing the complete failure of the American educational system to teach proper English? How about Obama addressing the fact that most black Americans can't speak or write proper English?

That must be a topic left for Bill Cosby to address, not a Magic Negro .

#149665 - 09/07/08 11:58 AM Re: Black National Anthem
NY Madman Offline

It seems everything is now considered racist.

Kids in England who don't like certain foreign foods and say "yuk" are now supposed to be considered racist. [Freak]

Link...

#149666 - 09/07/08 12:06 PM Re: Black National Anthem
GrayHam Offline

#149667 - 09/07/08 12:07 PM Re: Black National Anthem
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
So rant all you want, post all the lame race-bating crap you want, you're just wasting your time and ours.
Generally, it is the very folks who are pointing the finger, yelling RACIST!! who are the most apt to bring race into the equation.

Twice, so far, Wilmac has successfully fulfilled that role.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#149668 - 09/07/08 01:11 PM Re: Black National Anthem
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Quote:
[b]So rant all you want, post all the lame race-bating crap you want, you're just wasting your time and ours.
Generally, it is the very folks who are pointing the finger, yelling RACIST!! who are the most apt to bring race into the equation.

Twice, so far, Wilmac has successfully fulfilled that role.[/b]
Very true. For example, an article in the Atlanta paper before the Georgia primary described a dilemma facing black women: vote for Barack because of his race or Hillary because of her gender. Um, how about the best candidate? By reducing it to race/gender, they're practicing the same prejudice they claim to hate.

It's the same reason being racist makes no sense for say, a hiring manager. You sink or swim with the people you hire, so aside from the obvious - it's the right thing to do - hiring the best candidate simply makes good business sense.

Some of these people would vote for a black or female candidate running as a New Nazi. :rolleyes:

#149669 - 09/07/08 01:49 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't care what Obama thinks, in my opinion, American children should be taught at least two foreign languages, the next most commonly spoken language in the country and preferably the languages of the largest two trading partners. We can't afford to waste our energy yelling at the tide.

I have been learning Spanish for the last fifteen years, and it has been a tremendous help in my life, both in business and socially. I should be learning Mandarin, too.

I feel no sympathy for someone who, after seeing that the writing on the wall is in Spanish, refuses to learn the second most commonly spoken language in his own country. Can't change the direction of culture, gotta sink or swim.

#149670 - 09/07/08 02:28 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
I don't care what Obama thinks, in my opinion, American children should be taught at least two foreign languages, the next most commonly spoken language in the country and preferably the languages of the largest two trading partners. We can't afford to waste our energy yelling at the tide.

I have been learning Spanish for the last fifteen years, and it has been a tremendous help in my life, both in business and socially. I should be learning Mandarin, too.

I feel no sympathy for someone who, after seeing that the writing on the wall is in Spanish, refuses to learn the second most commonly spoken language in his own country. Can't change the direction of culture, gotta sink or swim.
I believe being bi-lingual is definitely an asset. That being said, I don't think children "should" be taught a second language. I believe they should have the opportunity such that their parents can choose that for them - as is their responsibility.

Funny enough - that exists right now.

#149671 - 09/07/08 02:50 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Quote:
[b]So rant all you want, post all the lame race-bating crap you want, you're just wasting your time and ours.

Twice, so far, Wilmac has successfully fulfilled that role.[/b]
While he may have mentioned it, it wasn't him who started it.

Read the very first post.

Then look at BPC's image.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#149672 - 09/07/08 03:07 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron ap Rhys:
I believe being bi-lingual is definitely an asset. That being said, I don't think children "should" be taught a second language. I believe they should have the opportunity such that their parents can choose that for them - as is their responsibility.

Funny enough - that exists right now.
While I agree that education shouldn't stop at 14:30, I think it would behoove America to have her schools teach foreign languages and demand proficiency in foreign languages in order to graduate. No sense in lowering the bar, things aren't getting any easier out there in the real world.

Why else do we send kids to school, other than for them to learn things they'll use later in life?

#149673 - 09/07/08 04:51 PM Re: Black National Anthem
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Canada, one of our largest trading partners already speaks English. Plus, the international language of business is basically English.

The American public educational system can barely teach kids proper English, nevermind mandating another language. The educational system should be teaching kids history and proper civics and government courses, but they have abandoned that too.

There was a time when German was the second most popular language spoken in the United States, but the public didn't acquiesce to that so-called "tide". Those immigrants learned English and their children spoke English as their primary language. Those immigrants encouraged their children to get educated. That immigrant ethic doesn't exist in the wave of new immigrants coming into this country. Unfortunately the country allows too many illegal aliens to enter this country and stay here and has the nerve to even call them "immigrants".

Immigrants are people that are invited. Illegal aliens are invaders, not immigrants.

The American societal ethic towards immigrants has also been lost. Society used to expect certain things from immigrants. Now it has been turned on it's head. Society is now insanely supposed to reconfigure and adjust itself to immigrants instead of immigrants adjusting themselves to their new society.

Quote:
Why should you be learning Mandarin? Are you planning on moving to China?

I don't know what business you are in where knowledge of Spanish is such a big help to you, but the only reason it may be a help is because the elites and powers that be have abandoned any notions of requiring assimilation of immigrants.

Assimilation is the only reason immigration in the past has worked in this country. Going forward, without assimilation, immigration will do nothing but fracture the country and cause much political and social instability in both the near and long term future.

Quote:
There is no "writing on the wall". Not unless you are the author.

#149674 - 09/07/08 05:17 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, business critique from a 43 year old unemployed guy who just isn't all that smart.

You're right, Madman. No reason to learn other languages. I don't know why I've wasted my time with all this learning when I could have just...done nothing, like you did. You don't seem to be the worse for it...as far as you know.

#149675 - 09/07/08 05:33 PM Re: Black National Anthem
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Wow, business critique from a 43 year old unemployed guy who just isn't all that smart.

You're right, Madman. No reason to learn other languages. I don't know why I've wasted my time with all this learning when I could have just...done nothing, like you did. You don't seem to be the worse for it...as far as you know.
As usual you have nothing but a shit for brains reply. You even refuse to defend your own comments.

I never said there was anything wrong with anyone learning another language. You know that too, but that didn't fit the bullshit you are trying to sling.

For all I know, you might have to know Spanish because you live in a city that has basically allowed itself to be overrun with foreign invaders. That has occurred because sheep like you and the other idiots that live there have allowed it to happen and you never placed enough value on your own country and culture as something worthy enough to defend.

#149676 - 09/07/08 05:37 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, your ad hominem of him aside, his points were correct quite some time ago and in certain instances now. Back during the time he's speaking of, immigrants were used as nothing more than hard labor - right along with many 2nd and later generation Americans. They really didn't need much English and probably didn't learn all that much. Their children, however, did.

Of course, part of that was because we were a much more discriminatory society back then and assimilation was possible solely because they were white and didn't speak with an accent.

As for learning the local language - many actual immigrants are still working on doing this and making sure their children do as well. That's fine and good. However, learning another language also gives you a sound business advantage. If I know Spanish, but don't immediately let on that I do I might hear a Spanish-speaking business opponent or potential client say something that gives me an advantage. It can also serve, if I choose to let them know early on that I speak their language, to give me an "in".

Secondly, it really helps in travelling. Once you've learned Spanish, Italian and French are fairly easy to pick up (not that I'd ever go to France, but Italy's lots of fun and I've heard great things about Spain).

Last point - if you're in the pharmaceutical industry, learning Mandarin could be a great idea. Many people might not know that a very large portion of the active ingredients of the drugs that are commonly prescribed actually come from China, are sent to India, Ireland, and the US for packaging into their final form, and then shipped here.

#149677 - 09/07/08 05:56 PM Re: Black National Anthem
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron ap Rhys:

Well, your ad hominem of him aside, his points were correct quite some time ago and in certain instances now. Back during the time he's speaking of, immigrants were used as nothing more than hard labor - right along with many 2nd and later generation Americans. They really didn't need much English and probably didn't learn all that much. Their children, however, did.

Of course, part of that was because we were a much more discriminatory society back then and assimilation was possible solely because they were white and didn't speak with an accent.
Who exactly are you talking to?

Who were these immigrants you speak of who didn't speak with an accent? Some of my ancestors are Italian and they had quite thick accents. They also made it a priority to learn the language as soon as they set foot on these shores. They didn't expect a damn thing from any government agency and they were more than grateful that they were allowed to even move here.

I can't say the same for many immigrants today.

In the past it was government policy that you couldn't emigrate here if you were going to be a burden on the public tax coffers. That sadly, is also an immigration ethic this country has lost. In fact immigrants, even illegal aliens, feel they have grievances that need addressing. That is insane and it is insane Americans that are allowing this to occur.

Immigration policy has been completely destroyed and usurped by the insane tenet known as "multiculturalism". A multi-ethnic society can survive and thrive. A multicultural society cannot.

#149678 - 09/07/08 05:59 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
As usual you have nothing but a shit for brains reply. You even refuse to defend your own comments.
Defend them from what? You didn't attack them.

Quote:
I never said there was anything wrong with anyone learning another language. You know that too, but that didn't fit the bullshit you are trying to sling.
No, you implied there was no need to learn another language, because Canada speaks English.

Quote:
For all I know, you might have to know Spanish because you live in a city that has basically allowed itself to be overrun with foreign invaders. That has occurred because sheep like you and the other idiots that live there have allowed it to happen and you never placed enough value on your own country and culture as something worthy enough to defend.
Yeah, again, it's a bad thing that I learned Spanish, because I'm submitting to my Illegal Alien Overlords, giving in to the Spic Invasion and not steadfastly defending the American Culture by posting veiled racist shit on the internet from my mom's rumpus room. You go, girl. Go get a job.

#149679 - 09/07/08 06:27 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is this racist?

Well, fuck you, too. Fuck me, fuck you, fuck this whole city and everyone in it. Fuck the panhandlers, grubbing for money, and smiling at me behind my back. Fuck the squeegee men dirtying up the clean windshield of my car. Get a fucking job! Fuck the Sikhs and the Pakistanis bombing down the avenues in decrepit cabs, curry steaming out their pores, stinking up my day. Terrorists in fucking training. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN! Fuck the Chelsea boys with their waxed chests and pumped up biceps. Going down on each other in my parks and on my piers, jingling their dicks on my Channel 35. Fuck the Korean grocers with their pyramids of overpriced fruit and their tulips and roses wrapped in plastic. Ten years in the country, still no speaky English? Fuck the Russians in Brighton Beach. Mobster thugs sitting in cafés, sipping tea in little glasses, sugar cubes between their teeth. Wheelin' and dealin' and schemin'. Go back where you fucking came from! Fuck the black-hatted Chassidim, strolling up and down 47th street in their dirty gabardine with their dandruff. Selling South African apartheid diamonds! Fuck the Wall Street brokers. Self-styled masters of the universe. Michael Douglas, Gordon Gekko wannabe mother fuckers, figuring out new ways to rob hard working people blind. Send those Enron assholes to jail for FUCKING LIFE! You think Bush and Cheney didn't know about that shit? Give me a fucking break! Tyco! Worldcom! Fuck the Puerto Ricans. 20 to a car, swelling up the welfare rolls, worst fuckin' parade in the city. And don't even get me started on the Dom-in-i-cans, 'cause they make the Puerto Ricans look good. Fuck the Bensonhurst Italians with their pomaded hair, their nylon warm-up suits, their St. Anthony medallions, swinging their, Jason Giambi, Louisville slugger, baseball bats, trying to audition for the Sopranos. Fuck the Upper East Side wives with their Hermes scarves and their fifty-dollar Balducci artichokes. Overfed faces getting pulled and lifted and stretched, all taut and shiny. You're not fooling anybody, sweetheart! Fuck the uptown brothers. They never pass the ball, they don't want to play defense, they take five steps on every lay-up to the hoop. And then they want to turn around and blame everything on the white man. Slavery ended one hundred and thirty seven years ago. Move the fuck on! Fuck the corrupt cops with their anus violating plungers and their 41 shots, standing behind a blue wall of silence. You betray our trust! Fuck the priests who put their hands down some innocent child's pants. Fuck the church that protects them, delivering us into evil. And while you're at it, fuck JC! He got off easy! A day on the cross, a weekend in hell, and all the hallelujahs of the legioned angels for eternity! Try seven years in fuckin' Otisville, J! Fuck Osama Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, and backward-ass, cave-dwelling, fundamentalist assholes everywhere. On the names of innocent thousands murdered, I pray you spend the rest of eternity with your seventy-two whores roasting in a jet-fuel fire in hell. You towel headed camel jockeys can kiss my royal Irish ass! Fuck Jacob Elinsky, whining malcontent. Fuck Francis Xavier Slaughtery my best friend, judging me while he stares at my girlfriend's ass. Fuck Naturelle Riviera, I gave her my trust and she stabbed me in the back, sold me up the river, fucking bitch. Fuck my father with his endless grief, standing behind that bar sipping on club sodas, selling whisky to firemen, cheering the Bronx bombers. Fuck this whole city and everyone in it. From the row-houses of Astoria to the penthouses on Park Avenue, from the projects in the Bronx to the lofts in Soho. From the tenements in Alphabet City to the brownstones in Park slope to the split-levels in Staten Island. Let an earthquake crumble it, let the fires rage, let it burn to fucking ash and then let the waters rise and submerge this whole rat-infested place.

#149680 - 09/07/08 06:33 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah yes, the monologue that ruined an otherwise solid film.

#149681 - 09/07/08 06:39 PM Re: Black National Anthem
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

No, you implied there was no need to learn another language, because Canada speaks English.
No, that is not what I implied. Maybe I should imply that you don't thoroughly read responses before you reply.

You claimed people should learn the languages of our two leading trading partners. I merely stated that one of our biggest trading partners, actually our largest trading partner, is an English speaking country. Maybe you didn't know who our largest trading partners are, but just thought your statement sounded good to validate whatever you are trying to push.

I never implied there was no need for people to learn other languages. What I did imply is that the educational system fails in teaching proper English and other valuable educational skills that would make for better citizens.

Quote:
Yeah, again, it's a bad thing that I learned Spanish, because I'm submitting to my Illegal Alien Overlords, giving in to the Spic Invasion and not steadfastly defending the American Culture by posting veiled racist shit on the internet from my mom's rumpus room. You go, girl. Go get a job.
So I'm a racist making internet posts from my mom's basement. [Freak] That's what passes for rational discourse in Shahram's world.

Everyone in your world seems to be a racist. The cops who pull you over on the highway are racists according to you and anyone who makes comments about the insane policy directions this country is taking is a racist.

You're an idiot Shahram. People who have nothing better to say than calling others racists are idiots. More often than not, they themselves are the biggest racists in our society.

I never said it was a bad thing that you may be learning Spanish. What I will say, unless you are traveling to Spanish speaking countries doing business, it is rather sad that you have to know Spanish in order to conduct business right here in the United States.

But then again, you do live in what is rapidly descending into an insane and lawless shithole. But that doesn't concern you one bit.

#149682 - 09/07/08 06:48 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
No. No, fuck you, Montgomery Brogan. You had it all, and you threw it away, you dumb fuck!
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#149683 - 09/07/08 06:54 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seriously, we should ALL be learning Mandarin.

Last year 350 million Chinese moved up into the middle class.

When their market outsizes ours and we're no longer their biggest buyers, they're going to call in the payment on the money they've been lending our government, and we're ALL hosed.

That ain't racist, honeychile. Them's the facts.

#149684 - 09/07/08 06:59 PM Re: Black National Anthem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Seriously, we should ALL be learning Mandarin.

Last year 350 million Chinese moved up into the middle class.

When their market outsizes ours and we're no longer their biggest buyers, they're going to call in the payment on the money they've been lending our government, and we're ALL hosed.

That ain't racist, honeychile. Them's the facts.
Ri rink rearning Engrish rill surice

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal