2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#150336 - 11/04/06 07:24 AM United 93 (Trailer)
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
United 93 Trailer

In theaters April 28th.

#150337 - 11/04/06 07:56 AM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Were there snakes on that plane?

#150338 - 11/04/06 09:33 AM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
p.i.n.o. Offline

Loc: Sugar Land, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
Were there snakes on that plane?
[LOL]

#150339 - 11/04/06 09:36 AM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmm. It looks better than the made for cable tv movie that just came out this winter. I got the chills watching the scene from the air traffic control tower. Looks good.

#150340 - 11/04/06 09:56 AM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Oh yes, let's all continue to revisit and wallow in what happened 4 1/2 years ago some more... :rolleyes:

I've moved on, anyone else?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#150341 - 11/04/06 10:00 AM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
About time. I hope they properly tell the story about the regular joe patriots who stoped these scumbags

[ThumbsUp]

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#150342 - 11/04/06 11:29 AM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Oh yes, let's all continue to revisit and wallow in what happened 4 1/2 years ago some more... :rolleyes:

Personally, I hope we continue to revisit this and never forget what happened during the rest of my life and many lifetimes after that. There's a difference between "moving on" and remembering. :rolleyes: How shallow would it have been to release it the next year? I still think that 4 1/2 years is too early. I just hope they ran this by the families involved before they ran the final prints. I wonder if they were allowed to use that audio from the black box that only the families got to hear.

#150343 - 11/04/06 12:35 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Anonymous
Unregistered

it kind of annoys me, we should never forget what happened on that day, but to make a movie out of it, c'mon, i mean seriously, we all know what happened, hell we all probably know where we were when it first happened, IMO theres no reason to make a movie out of it, and where is all the money going to go? i doubt its going to all go to the familes and other charities, i think its wrong, but thats just me

#150344 - 11/04/06 01:19 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Fuck you Brent. That is all.

#150345 - 11/04/06 01:22 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by mudx4x4:
it kind of annoys me, we should never forget what happened on that day, but to make a movie out of it, c'mon, i mean seriously, we all know what happened, hell we all probably know where we were when it first happened, IMO theres no reason to make a movie out of it, and where is all the money going to go? i doubt its going to all go to the familes and other charities, i think its wrong, but thats just me
I can see your point kind of. Look at it this way though. This is telling the story of the heroes on the flight that sacrificed themselves to save those on the ground. I think that is a worthy story to be told.

#150346 - 11/04/06 01:32 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Who doesn't know about it already? And do we have such thorough documentation of the exact events that happened on the plane that the movie will be more fact than schmaltzy fiction?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#150347 - 11/04/06 01:36 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:

#150348 - 11/04/06 01:38 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Who doesn't know about it already? And do we have such thorough documentation of the exact events that happened on the plane that the movie will be more fact than schmaltzy fiction?
Schmaltzy? Just wait for the soundtrack, the french horns and military snare drums, the music swelling all Spielberg style at just the right moment...

"Schmaltzy" might just be the right word...

Documentaries, I understand, but cheap Hollywood (Over)dramatizations, I have no stomach for.

#150349 - 11/04/06 01:40 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]it kind of annoys me, we should never forget what happened on that day, but to make a movie out of it, c'mon, i mean seriously, we all know what happened, hell we all probably know where we were when it first happened, IMO theres no reason to make a movie out of it, and where is all the money going to go? i doubt its going to all go to the familes and other charities, i think its wrong, but thats just me
I can see your point kind of. Look at it this way though. This is telling the story of the heroes on the flight that sacrificed themselves to save those on the ground. I think that is a worthy story to be told.[/b]
yea i get what you're saying, but we've been told the story over and over and over again....the heros of flight 93 fought off the hijackers and brought the plane down in a field, we all know the story, and i dont disagree that the story shouldnt be told,(i don't 100% believe thats what happened to FLT93 but i'm not even going to go there) but to make a movie out of it, i really just don't see the need for it, maybe i missed information on the main website, but i really would like to know where the money is going that this move is going to make. are any of the families going to see it? or charities? or is it all going into the already rich pockets of the movie makers and actors\actresses? i'm not going to pay 9.75 per ticket to go see a movie, that i already know all about, and in the process make the movie makers even richer, since thats all they care about

#150350 - 11/04/06 01:42 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:

Nope...This kinda stuff is very, very interesting to me...I even ordered "Inside 911" from National Geographic...It was a tragic event, But it is History...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#150351 - 11/04/06 01:53 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
I second that Fuck You.

Fuck You Brent.

#150352 - 11/04/06 03:10 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Every family with links to Flight 93 were asked permission and all support the movie being released.
Quote:
The real United 93 crashed in a Pennsylvania field after 40 passengers and crew fought back against the terrorists who had hijacked the plane. Writer-director Paul Greengrass ("The Bourne Supremacy") has gone to great lengths to be respectful in his depiction of what occurred, proceeding with the film only after securing the approval of every victim's family. "Was I surprised at the unanimity? Yes. Very. Usually there are one or two families who are more reluctant," Greengrass writes in an e-mail. "I was surprised and humbled at the extraordinary way the United 93 families have welcomed us into their lives and shared their experiences with us." His team's research was meticulous. "They even went so far as to ask what my mother had been wearing on the plane," says Carole O'Hare, whose 79-year-old mother, Hilda Marcin, died on the flight. "They were very open and honest with us, and they made us a part of this whole project."

Whole Story

#150353 - 11/04/06 03:20 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Quote:
IMO theres no reason to make a movie out of it, and where is all the money going to go? i doubt its going to all go to the familes and other charities, i think its wrong, but thats just me
From what I hear the movie creators decided long in advance to give the first few days ( which is alot of money btw) entirely to the 911 victims fund.

Besides man with all the crap thats in the movies nowadays and the scandles of the real world we are in need of a few heroes to immoratalize in film

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#150354 - 11/04/06 03:52 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
and where is all the money going to go? i doubt its going to all go to the familes and other charities, i think its wrong, but thats just me
Actually, 20% of the film's profits are going directly to the families, and the script got the ok from every direct family member of a passenger on the flight.

I think the director has been very responsible in the making of this film...I just don't know how many people are going to rush out and see it. The preview before "Inside Man" was gut wrenching enough.

#150355 - 11/04/06 05:16 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Anonymous
Unregistered

In fact I think the movie is based on a book that one of the mothers of the flight 93 victims wrote....

#150356 - 11/04/06 05:37 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
All the profits should benefit 9/11 victims. Otherwise, it's blood money. I recognize that many tragic events have been brought to the screen, and that the purpose is to make money, but in my mind, 9/11 is different. Nobody should be making money off of that.

Also, I'm suspicious of movies "based on a true story" since no matter how "meticulous" the research, whoever makes the film still has an agenda, at the top of which is commercial marketability.

Read Friday Night Lights and compare it to the movie. What a joke to even suggest the movie depicted the real story of the Permian Panthers team.

#150357 - 11/04/06 07:16 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky42:
All the profits should benefit 9/11 victims. Otherwise, it's blood money. I recognize that many tragic events have been brought to the screen, and that the purpose is to make money, but in my mind, 9/11 is different. Nobody should be making money off of that.

Also, I'm suspicious of movies "based on a true story" since no matter how "meticulous" the research, whoever makes the film still has an agenda, at the top of which is commercial marketability.

Read Friday Night Lights and compare it to the movie. What a joke to even suggest the movie depicted the real story of the Permian Panthers team.
yea thats what i was talking about before, its great that he talked to the families, and that some money is going to the 9/11 fund and the families, but they're making money, and i still think its wrong to make money off 9/11, but thats just my opinion

#150358 - 11/04/06 08:26 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
So what do you have to say to Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, and Darryl Worley?

#150359 - 11/04/06 09:04 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

I have to disagree with you on that. Calling profits from a movie made about a terrorist attack that occurred on American soil is not blood money. Especially not when victims families were involved in the process.

It would be blood money if the producers made a film portraying the Islamic terrorists who perpetrated the attacks as heroes then made a ton of money on it in countries sympathetic to the terrorists. That would be blood money.

The families of the victims have no problems with the film. There is no reason anyone else should have a problem. The producers at least had the courtesy to include them in the process. How many Hollywood people actually do that? Will Oliver Stone be doing that with his upcoming film "World Trade Center"?

It's also wrong to think that every cent regarding everything new related to 9/11 should go to the victims families. The families have been well compensated and are set for life. The events of 9/11 are also not wholly owned by the families of the victims.

You have good reason to be suspicious of movies based on true events. Hollywood's track record is not very good in that area. But... So far it seems they have done the right things on this project.

#150360 - 11/04/06 09:16 PM Re: United 93 (Trailer)
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:

I love when people take movies so seriously. It's a freakin' movie! "Friday Night Lights" was still a great movie... watched it again tonight on Starz. My wife is from Midland and thought they did a wonderful job. Who cares where directors get their inspiration from? No one's going to make an exact reenactment. In "Rudy", his teammates never turned in their jerseys to get him a spot on the sidelines, but who freakin' cares? It helped capture what his teammates really felt for him and the movie was still amazing - a Top 5 all-time for me personally. Don't take movies so seriously if they don't get it exactly right and add a little extra flare into it. That's why they pay them to the big bucks... it's their job.

If all the family members approved this movie, I'm all for it. That was my only question. The fact that they're giving the families money is an extra bonus. All I cared about was if they got approval from the affected family members. I think it will help take attention away from what we normally think about when whe think of 9/11. We immediately think of the twin towers. This flight and the Pentagon always take a back seat, yet they're the most interesting. If you have some personal politics that you don't like about all this, don't go see it. No one's going to force you. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal