2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#15790 - 11/03/05 04:21 PM Interesting...
DueNorth Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Average U.S. gas price tops $2 a gallon

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7156652/

Look at the vehicle in the photo's background. wink

#15791 - 11/03/05 04:28 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

She's hot wink Where's that at?

#15792 - 11/03/05 04:59 PM Re: Interesting...
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
Man, gas hasn't been that cheap here in awhile. It's been monthes since it was less than $2.

MV

#15793 - 11/03/05 05:11 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

What happened to all the free oil we are raping from Iraq?

#15794 - 11/03/05 05:46 PM Re: Interesting...
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
What happened to all the free oil we are raping from Iraq?
Remember now, those bullets cost money!

#15795 - 11/03/05 06:12 PM Re: Interesting...
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
It's approaching $3 per in CA.

#15796 - 11/03/05 07:00 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not to mention our "freedom fuel" from Kuwait!!??

#15797 - 11/03/05 08:17 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whaddya gonna do about it? Pay what it costs and drive already...

#15798 - 12/03/05 09:10 AM Re: Interesting...
MyGoldX Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, Ca
I guess it's time to start drilling in Alaska and off the coast of Northern California [Smoking]

#15799 - 12/03/05 09:56 AM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wows, i though prices here were high... it still runs 1.89 here for regular, 2.15 for premium.

#15800 - 12/03/05 09:58 AM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I guess it's time to start drilling in Alaska and off the coast of Northern California
Unfortunately, your right. There has allready been a new push for drilling despite the evidence and facts that Anwar would have little to no effect on our oil current oil market. Not to mention the benefits of drilling are at least 10 years away.

Interesting how it is done. The people who are for the drilling go to the area at it's bleakest. The land is covered in snow, appears harsh and unhabitable. Of course, that's what they want you to think.

That same area, once thawed, becomes a lush land of unparalled beauty to thousands upon thousands of aninamls. It's actually quite breathtaking to see how many animals it actually supports in a small area.

Instead of looking for shoddy short-term substitutes, we should be looking for solutions. Considering the limited amount of oil and gas available to the world, with rising development and growth in places like China and India, it suprises me that it is not much more expensive.

It should be. When the oil wells run dry, we will lose so many things we have become dependant on, only one of which will be gas. The effects will be felt everywhere from the plastic industry to pharmaceuticals.

What happens to the U.S. then? Our economy is so closely tied with a resource that is going to vanish, it fluctuates nearly daily on the mere hint of less supply.

Well, having expierenced withdrawl myself, I can assure you that if the proper steps aren't taken, we are in for quite a hellish adventure. Thunderdome and Soylent Green senarios are not so far fetched.

Drilling in Anwar scares me. It's not an attempt at solving the problem, but instead is a desperate attempt to make that little extra bit of profit without regard to the true future.

While our farmers struggle to survive and compete with the global market, the Government watches them flounder with inaction. Hemp, a viable resource for fuel, clothing and pollution reduction, is illegal to grow in the U.S. yet we import tons of it. Even if you want to get vehicle specific, peanut oil could also be used (could it not?) as a substitute, but yet isn't.

The Government is not willing to remove the sheath of ignorance that surround the public regarding hemp for fear of losing more ground on the allready failed drug war.

The uninformed public rather laugh at a viable resource as "hippy talk" then take the time to educate themselves about the true nature of the resource. All the while glady forking over large sums of cash for their precious oil, complaining about the price, but doing nothing to reduce it. It's ludicrous to me.

Absolutely ludicrous.

/dismounts soapbox

Noobie001

#15801 - 12/03/05 10:49 AM Re: Interesting...
MyGoldX Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, Ca
And what liberal website did you cut and paste that from?

John Kerry's ?

If we had begun drilling when it was first proposed many years ago the site would be up and running. And how much reserve sits off of Northern California?

It just kills me when some polititians bemoan high gas prices but do everything in their power to stop us from using the reserves we already have

Also, prices are artificially high anyways, how do you think the oil companies ended up with 20+ billion in net profits last year?

Yes, that is NET profits....at least they could kiss me first...

#15802 - 12/03/05 10:56 AM Re: Interesting...
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
Considering the limited amount of oil and gas available to the world
Proof? Wait, you're not talking about physically available underground are you? If you're talking about limited because of current production infrastructure then you have a point.

I don't buy into this limited crap. I believe the only limited thing behind any oil "shortage" is our ability to produce it. Throw in some more pumps, some more processing plants, and some more pipelines and boats. It definitely isn't because of some shortage underground that the demand can't be met.

#15803 - 12/03/05 11:03 AM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, I posted that from off the top of my head, thank you. I do not plagiarize, nor would I need to.

Your attempt at labeling at me, as to demean my arguement or support yours is a direct exhibition of part of the problem as I see it. That is another topic I believe I've allready covered though.

However, in response to if we would have allready started drilling the site, we would be all set, you exhibit your lack of understanding regarding this situation.

The United States consumes approximately 20 million barrels of oil a day. The Interior Department estimates that the reserve could have anywhere from 5.7 billion barrels to 16 billion barrels. The numbers do not pan out!

The contention that more drilling is going to solve our problems is simply one spurned on by capitalistic profit. The U.S. has approximately three percent of the World's oil supply. That is the way the cookie crumbles.

New solutions are needed, overlooking that and pushing for drilling is quite myopic.

Noobie001

#15804 - 12/03/05 11:05 AM Re: Interesting...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by superjens:
Quote:
Considering the limited amount of oil and gas available to the world
Proof? Wait, you're not talking about physically available underground are you? If you're talking about limited because of current production infrastructure then you have a point.

I don't buy into this limited crap. I believe the only limited thing behind any oil "shortage" is our ability to produce it. Throw in some more pumps, some more processing plants, and some more pipelines and boats. It definitely isn't because of some shortage underground that the demand can't be met.
agreed...this is what happens when you haven't built a refinery in over 25 years in the US and you have to use older less efficient ones that were meant to meet the demand of 3 decades ago...its a case of "not in my back yard" by everyone....nobody wants one near them so none have been built...just like the wind farm that they are trying to build off Cape Cod...could at least provide SOME electricity to cut into the areas dependance on heating oil but all the rich and famous with beach front property on the cape, Vineyard, and Nantucket don't want a few specks on the horizon to ruin their precious view...and these are the same people--John Kerry, Kennedy, and the like who whine and bemoan our dependance on foreign oil...

#15805 - 12/03/05 11:08 AM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

We haven't built a refinery in almost 20 years. The current refineries are at about 98%. We simply can't refine it fast enough according to the news. I also don't think it helps that we're running into the last weeks of the "winterblend".

Don't start drilling in random places before you have the capacity to refine it.

#15806 - 12/03/05 11:16 AM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Proof? Wait, you're not talking about physically available underground are you?
A point of contention I will agree with you on.

National Geographic Oil Article

Considering current technologies, extraction techniques, and the rate of implementing new technologies, simply drilling is not the answer.

Furthermore, there is debate about whether or not we will ever be able to access much of the World's oil supply due to the nature of where it is located in the planet. Afterall, Chevron doesn't get their name out of thin air after all.

Dependance on oil needs to be eased for so many reasons. Of course, once people have access to renewable fuel sources, the grip of control is loosened which scares many politicians.

Here is but one example of the new technologies that I am speaking of, that if brought into full fruition will be a significant step forward.

Anything Into Oil

Of course, ultimately, wouldn't it be nice to use a fuel that doesn't negatively effect our environment or health if possible.

Noobie001

#15807 - 12/03/05 07:10 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Noobie001
There is only one problem, and only one. Expediential population growth . AKA too many F&$#$^# people. Stop that and all else will balance out.

#15808 - 12/03/05 07:14 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

This reply is for Noobie001

I dont believe you have a true vision of just exactly what ANWR is, and what it means as far as Oil production.

If you would like to see some REAL pictures of what ANWR looks like, and not the Bunny hugging Clinton/Kerry coolaid drinkers are trying to pawn off on the American people, the email me and I will send you over a hundred photos of the place.

By the way, I work there.

Please ask for the photos, so you can see reality.

You will not see any TREES, Pristine Lakes, or Bambi playing joyfully.

You will see Polar Bears, who only come ashore when the ice packs allow, Ie; winter, or when a whale washes ashore. By the way, Polar Bears do not Hibernate.

You will see herds of Caribou that are the largest in history, thanks to the EMS provided by oil Companies, they migrate by the way, never there in winter when all drilling is being done.

You will see pictures of Red and Arctic foxes, that are estimated by BLM to be more than 90% Rabies infested.

You will see Grizzlies that are well monitored, and taken care of, not many though, the natural Ecosystem does not support many animals that size.

Yea, I said Ecosystem, not Man made problems.

The list goes on and on, get the point?

#15809 - 12/03/05 07:22 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I almost forgot this one also:

"lush land of unparalled beauty"

Hey Noob, you wanna see Real pictures of that Lush land also?

It's not the place you are being brainwashed into thinking it is.

#15810 - 12/03/05 09:32 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see. I disagree with you so I am brainwashed and apparently Clinton and Kerry have something to do with it.

Are you you being serious? It is truely your contention to simply cast aside my valid points by referencing a politician in that manner, and using the current buzzwords such as "koolaid"? Is this simply a liberal versus conservative matter to you? If so, only disconsolate prospects are on the horizon. With all due respect, I would rethink who is indeed brainwashed.

Quote:
In the article by Katie McDowell
This is an area across which the 130,000-strong Porcupine Caribou Herd migrates, where 135 species of birds live, and where scientists can study the largest intact, naturally functioning, Arctic ecosystem.

Like I said earlier
Quote:
Interesting how it is done. The people who are for the drilling go to the area at it's bleakest. The land is covered in snow, appears harsh and unhabitable
I'm sure your pictures will illustrate my point better then I can.

I can not understand how a trickle of oil for a couple of years at best will ultimately affect the market while easing our dependancy on foreign countries. Essentially, the United States is an alcoholic who wants to quit but can't, and Anwar is just an extra 12-pack to drink among the many kegs.

Noobie001

#15811 - 12/03/05 10:10 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice pictures, but there are no mountains, lakes, and the color is a combinations of bland browns, tans, muddy tundra water an so on.

People who have been lobbying to stop ANWR never show the real pictures.

ANWR is all Tundra, an Arctic Desert., flat, Barren, thousands of mud puddles.

The pictures that lobbyist show are usually taken in the Tongass, on the other side of Alaska.

Since you seam to know more that I do about the the place, even though I work there, go for your self and see what is really there.

You should meantion NPR while your at it, two weeks ago DOI, Dept of Interior was up there while I was on shift, they were being shown the Real ANWR and NPR.

They were not being led around on strings and only shown what people wanted them to see, they were there to verify if all the pictures shown to them were real, because none had ever been up north before.

They picked where they wanted to go and BP, ConocoPhillips provided the transportation,

I know this for a fact, as I was responsible for making sure they had the proper Arctic gear in thier rooms when they arrived, not just the members of the Dept of Interior, but also some members of Congress, Sec Ser, ect.

Most people such as yourself, (not picking on you personally) but the general publis is not even allowed Acess to most of the area, and especially acess t5o the Arctic Coast, unless you are an Alaska Native, or an Oil field worker.

The place is one of the most cleanest on the planet, there is no trash to be found anywhere except in desgnated areas.

I am not trying to rattle your chain, it's just that those of us that live up here are tired of hearing others tell us what it's like here, and showing us pictures saying they are one thing when the truth is, they are of another.

Green Peace is a problem here
PETA is a problem here

By the way, I am an American Native, so yes I do have a say in this as well.

#15812 - 12/03/05 10:17 PM Re: Interesting...
Anonymous
Unregistered

One other item.

The pictures you posted of the rolling hills, Blue lake, and Mountains, are in Alaska, but in another part of the state. There are no mountains, trees, lakes, or anything for that matter above the Arctic circle.

I can see the mountains from Where I work, they are around 250 miles south.

There is no oil there.

You ever heard of a company trying to drill for oil thru a mountain?

Again I invite you to visit Alaska, that is the only way you will be able to see for yourself.

#15813 - 12/03/05 10:35 PM Re: Interesting...
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Maybe we should invade Saudi Arabia as well to take advantage of their OIL! laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal