shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158491 - 05/10/07 05:56 PM My New York City Councilman
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Here is a video of my NYC Council Member being interviewed by someone from a Norwegian television show.

The Norwegian television show is said to be something like their version of the "Daily Show" with a little bit of "Borat" added to the mix.

It's very obvious that his staff members didn't do any research on the show before granting the interview. He no doubt thought it was probably going to be a normal interview with a foreign media outlet. Instead it was a setup by a foreign left wing comedy show trying to "Borat" him into looking like a racist or something, or whatever they were trying to do. I'm sure they picked him because he is a Republican and they are extremely rare in the NY City Council.

Needless to say, he was very pissed off as soon as he realized what was going on.......

He's actually a very good guy.

#158492 - 05/10/07 07:12 PM Re: My New York City Councilman
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
At first I was going to say, "doesn't have a sense of humor, does he..."

BUT... I can see why he'd be pissed. But he must be new to politics to not realize the camera wasn't going to be shut off. He should have shut up after the first couple of "get the fuck out"s.

Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more politicians that react at least a little like he does.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#158493 - 10/10/07 12:14 PM Re: My New York City Councilman
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

At first I was going to say, "doesn't have a sense of humor, does he..."

BUT... I can see why he'd be pissed. But he must be new to politics to not realize the camera wasn't going to be shut off. He should have shut up after the first couple of "get the fuck out"s.

Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more politicians that react at least a little like he does.
He's not new to politics. He's been around a while. Plus he has been a staff member and chief of staff for other politicians in the past.

It took long enough for the local paper to write an article about the incident.....

SI Advance

It's also been picked up by the national news too...

Fox News

Washington Post

Even the liberal NY Daily news is applauding him...

Daily News

#158494 - 10/10/07 04:47 PM Re: My New York City Councilman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it certainly isn't as funny as a guy blowing his own head off on video, but I guess leftists find this type of tasteless shit amusing.

Turtles.

#158495 - 10/10/07 05:55 PM Re: My New York City Councilman
Claus Offline

I Like Turtles

It is a Norwegian show called Voice of the Nation, their goal with these interviews is to see how far the politician will go before he catches on. Scandinavian Humor...not really funny

#158496 - 10/10/07 06:28 PM Re: My New York City Councilman
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:

It is a Norwegian show called Voice of the Nation, their goal with these interviews is to see how far the politician will go before he catches on. Scandinavian Humor...not really funny
Is that what "Rikets Rost" means?

They also have other things on the show like singing groups of people with cerebral palsy. [Freak]

Also Claus........

When you get a chance... could you translate what was said in this video below. She also pissed off a German Minister and he got up and walked out. What is he saying?

She's a hot looking babe.

#158497 - 10/10/07 08:22 PM Re: My New York City Councilman
Claus Offline

She is asking him about Knut the polar bear asking him if he is racist...he goes ballistic and tells her it is an outrage.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal