shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16166 - 27/08/06 06:13 PM help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know what to do here.. my lights keep flickering.. the kind that go on when you lock/unlock the door.. every few seconds.. then stops.. then stars up again.

I got into the X, started it up, stopped it.. hoping to i dunno. and it's still doing it.. i don't hear a lock/unlock sound.. but i watched it from inside as well and the hazards were going on and off too.. unless hazards are the ones that flash normally.. i'm not sure..

anyway.. and suggestions before the X starts calling attention to itself or breaks something?

#16167 - 27/08/06 06:20 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

If nothing else works, I'd disconnect the negative battery terminal.

#16168 - 27/08/06 06:25 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

I locked the doors my manually pressing down on each lock on each door.. which seems to work.. but my hatch is still open.. can i lock that somehow? must be some electrical short.

#16169 - 27/08/06 06:27 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Keyless entry not working at all?

#16170 - 27/08/06 06:32 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

that's the thing.. the fob stopped work last week, so i used one i got with the remote start that i had installed months ago. So the fob may be a clue to wtf is wrong here.

The other remote (fromt he starter) worked fine.. so i thought the nissan fob was faulty.. but maybe there's something else to it.

Though i haven't noticed any other electrical problems.. if i lock them by hand, and that disengages the alarm.. perhaps it's the alarm that's the problem.. i'm not sure.

#16171 - 27/08/06 06:33 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

take the battery out of your key FOB.. Most likely there is a problem there.. I had this problem and that how I fixed mine..

#16172 - 27/08/06 06:34 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

yup, i'd try replacing the battery in the fob.

#16173 - 27/08/06 06:36 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

dammit.. it just blinked again.. after just pressing the locks down by hand, not using the remote.

#16174 - 27/08/06 06:37 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

i had the battery in the fob replaced.. it didn't work after that.. the lights are still blinking on the x.. i have no idea wtf is wrong or how to stop the damn blinking so my battery doesn't die.

#16175 - 27/08/06 06:38 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

regardless if you are using the remote.. Take the battery out of it. If that doesn't work undo the positive and negative terminals on your battery and put cables that lead to each together.. This will reset your computer..

#16176 - 27/08/06 06:39 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

hold them together for a good 30 seconds..

#16177 - 27/08/06 06:44 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh.. fob battery.. that could be it.. i'll try that.

#16178 - 27/08/06 06:47 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

if that doesn't work go to the Chat section of this forum and I will try and help you there

#16179 - 27/08/06 06:51 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

hmm.. that seems to be the ticket.. so far..

It makes sense.. i had taken the fob in last week thinking the battery was dead.. they replaced it and it still didn't work, so there was obviously /something/ wrong with it..

I took the battery out of the starter's fob too.. just in case..

thanks so much for everyone's help.. i was so hoping it wasn't electrical.

#16180 - 27/08/06 06:51 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra in HI:
take the battery out of your key FOB.. Most likely there is a problem there.. I had this problem and that how I fixed mine..
same here.

#16181 - 27/08/06 07:29 PM Re: help, please! - fixed *crosses fingers*
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can use the key in the drivers door or the rear hatch and lock all the doors and set the factory alarm without the remote if all else fails. Not sure if you have to turn it twice to lock them all..hold on..let me check....Nope..once to lock all, once to unlock the drivers or hatch, twice to unlock all. cool

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal