shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165497 - 30/04/03 01:42 PM Harbor Frieght Tools
RabidRaider Offline

Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
Don't know if you have them in your area but they just built one here and I gotta tell you, what a great tool store. Prices are right and from what I've looked at, the tools are pretty good quality.

Link

#165498 - 30/04/03 02:07 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
MyGoldX Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, Ca
There's one about a mile away. Their prices are hard to beat. Quality is pretty good for the price.

I don't think they're as good as craftsman but what the hell, you get what you pay for

#165499 - 30/04/03 02:35 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
We don't have any stores in my area but I am a frequent buyer from thier catalog.. wink

#165500 - 30/04/03 02:36 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
off2cjb Offline

I have one of them and a Northern Tool. Both are pretty much the same. Great pricing.

#165501 - 30/04/03 02:58 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by RabidRaider:
Prices are right and from what I've looked at, the tools are pretty good quality.
The majority of the tools at Harbor Fright are absolute shit.

The only useful thing I have ever bought there is my floor jack and stands, even then I would much rather have something else but it was out of my price range. The 2 pullers and drill hammer I bought there broke after only a few uses.

If you want cheap tools that don't last it's the place to go. If you want good tools stick with Craftsman or Snap-On.

#165502 - 30/04/03 03:31 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
RabidRaider Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
[QUOTE]The majority of the tools at Harbor Fright are absolute shit.
That's odd, I've bought several items from them with great success. As a matter of fact, I've never had to return anything.

#165503 - 30/04/03 03:48 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Prices are right and from what I've looked at, the tools are pretty good quality.
The majority of the tools at Harbor Fright are absolute shit.

The only useful thing I have ever bought there is my floor jack and stands, even then I would much rather have something else but it was out of my price range. The 2 pullers and drill hammer I bought there broke after only a few uses.

If you want cheap tools that don't last it's the place to go. If you want good tools stick with Craftsman or Snap-On.[/b]
Yeah most of the cheap stuff they sell is low quality IMO. Several of the “Pittsburgh” brand impact wrench sockets in the set I purchased cracked. I returned them under the “limited lifetime warranty” only to find them falling apart again down the road [Freak] Those Chicago electric air compressor they sell are disposable, everybody I know that brought one had problems.

They do sell better quality brand names for about the same as everbody else, otherwise I'm with XOC on this one and stick to Craftsman tools.

#165504 - 30/04/03 05:34 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
That's odd, I've bought several items from them with great success. As a matter of fact, I've never had to return anything.
Can you list what you bought there ?

#165505 - 30/04/03 05:41 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Harbor Freight is okay for disposables, like grinding wheels and disks and stuff like that. I have a 1/2" air ratchet and 1/4" die grinder from them that work "ok" for the odd occasion I need them. 95% of my tools are Craftsman.

-Rick

#165506 - 30/04/03 05:46 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I agree that most of there stuff is crap, but you can do alright on some stuff. I got a set of deep impact sockets from them and they have been great. As far as Craftsman and Snap-On go, they are great tools, but they are so damn expensive. Especially Snap-On.

I like a lot of the Ace Hardware Pro Series tools, like their wrenches and stuff. They have the lifetime guarantee. I also like the Husky and Kobalt tools from Lowes and HD. They both have lifetime warranties as well. I got a whole set of Husky stuff, and it has been great.

If you can afford Craftsman, than go for it. If not these others are pretty nice, and I have used them alot.

#165507 - 30/04/03 06:10 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I would never buy a tool from them that if it breaks, could hurt me or someone else... They are low grade in my opinion, and I'd stick with craftsman................ smile My .02

#165508 - 30/04/03 07:17 PM Re: Harbor Frieght Tools
RabidRaider Offline

Quote:
Can you list what you bought there ?
Yeah, mostly hand tools and garden type tools.

A telescoping pruning saw, nut and bolt sets, o-ring sets, organizers, Dremel tool, 2 pipe wrenches, mini screwdriver set, a propane weed burning torch (my favorite), a hand truck, a vise, dead blow hammer, punch set, tap and die set and other misc shit that caught my eye.

I don't think I'd spend a lot of time checking out their power and pneumatic tools. I'll stick to Craftsman then of course.

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal