shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167606 - 20/06/07 02:11 PM And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
So I know Juneteenth isnt a celebration in every state but they celebrate it in Texas every year. Well yesterday during the celebration a minor accident happened and a little girl was accidently hit by a car. Ill let you read the story. And for a little insight, the neighborhood this happened is predominetly black, and this is a black celebration

Quote:
A group of men fatally beat a passenger in a car that police said accidentally struck a child outside an East Austin apartment complex, police said today.

As many as 3,000 people were in the area following a Juneteenth celebration at the time, officials said. Austin police Cmdr. Harold Piatt estimated that dozens were in the parking lot of the Booker T. Washington apartment complex at the time and that preliminary information shows no witnesses apparently tried to prevent or stop the attack.

"At this point, we aren't aware that any person did anything to stop the assault or prevent the injuries," he said.

Piatt said investigators are still trying to question people who might have seen the attack.

Police said officers responded to a "person down" call at 9:30 p.m. and that when they arrived, they found David Rivas Morales, 40, with trauma to his body. He was taken to Brackenridge Hospital and pronounced dead.

Investigators said the assault apparently occurred after the driver of the car struck a child in a parking lot at 900 Thompson St. The child, a 3-year-old boy, was treated for injuries that were not life-threatening.

Witnesses told investigators that a group of men assaulted Morales when he stepped out of the car to try to stop the crowd from assaulting the driver, who had gotten out of the car. Piatt said it was unclear if the driver was aware he'd struck the child.

The driver, whose name has not been released, was able to leave the area in the car. Police later found him and the car.

"This is an anomaly for Austin, Piatt said. "When you have someone just beaten to death in a parking lot."

Morales' sister, Margaret Morales, who lives in an apartment complex where the incident happened, said her brother was riding home with a man she knew only as "Victor" from a painting job. She said a child came to her door shortly after the incident and told her what happened.

Morales said that when she showed up at the scene, she found her brother bleeding from the head.

"He was a loving, caring man," Margaret Morales said as she fought back tears while standing on her porch. "I don't know why anyone would want to do this; I can't imagine him gone out of our lives forever."

Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 477-3588.

"We know we had a number of folks who saw something," Piatt said. "Hopefully there are some good Samaritans who are as upset about we are about what happened."

#167607 - 20/06/07 02:15 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Anonymous
Unregistered

And this is an indictment of an entire race of people in what way?

#167608 - 20/06/07 02:27 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Anonymous
Unregistered

C'mon, buddy. You can do it. Break it down for us.

#167609 - 20/06/07 02:44 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Maybe its really the hispanic's fault...I mean, he probably started to beat these innocent bystanders' fists and feet with his face and body, luckily, none of them seemed to have been hurt during his brutal assault...I mean, its got to hurt like hell if someone attackes you, and beats your boots with his kidneys.

Naturally, no one saw any of the BYSTANDERS doing any beating, as they were obviously the innocent victims of his raging kidneys, etc.

This explains the lack of witnesses, the authorities, being racists, asked the wrong questions, having made racist assumptions about the affair.

As this happens in every neighborhood, everywhere in the world, every day...I'm surprised the media even reported it, after all, its obviously a universal component of the races involved.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#167610 - 20/06/07 02:54 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Reminds me of this...

#167611 - 20/06/07 02:55 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
And this is an indictment of an entire race of people in what way?
Quote:
C'mon, buddy. You can do it. Break it down for us.
Yeah, that's it .... You tell him. I can see now why Shahram means "The King's Obedient Subject".

While you are at it, also throw in something to remind everyone that Muslims have nothing to do with terrorism.

In the meantime, we'll read up on other 'Juneteenth' beatings in another city...

#167612 - 20/06/07 03:09 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Big Daddy Chia Offline

I'm listening to our local talk radio the other day and a black guy calls in about a an officer involved shooting of a black man and pretty much said if justice isnt served they wiil riot.

#167613 - 20/06/07 03:14 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Anonymous
Unregistered

By the way, my name doesn't mean "The King's Obedient Servant", snuffy. But whatever, you scholar, you.

I just want to hear why this incident is an indictment of an entire race of people. I want to hear Big Daddy Chia say "Black people as a race deserve to be looked down upon because of this incident." It's what was intended in the title. Don't beat around the bush. Don't try to relate it to something with which you think you can get these nincompoops to rally behind you. Just say "All black people deserve to be lumped together with violent assholes like these."

It's simple. Just let Big Daddy Chia defend himself, and you can go back to jacking off to dead Iraqi pictures.

#167614 - 20/06/07 03:29 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Why would I need to defend my self. IN my business I meet very few educated black people. Very few. Most of them are ignorant, dumb asses who think they deserve something in life because there relatives were slaves at one point in time. SOme times I'd rather have the mexicans here. At least they get off their asses and work instead of collecting welfare checks. They at least wnat a chance at a better life. Most black people dont care and would rathe pop out babies by 10 different daddies so they keep gettin that check.

#167615 - 20/06/07 03:33 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Anonymous
Unregistered

And your experience with black people is indicative of the entire race in what way?

Do you see where you're going with this?

#167616 - 20/06/07 03:37 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Why would I need to defend my self. IN my business I meet very few educated black people. Very few. Most of them are ignorant, dumb asses who think they deserve something in life because there relatives were slaves at one point in time. SOme times I'd rather have the mexicans here. At least they get off their asses and work instead of collecting welfare checks. They at least wnat a chance at a better life. Most black people dont care and would rathe pop out babies by 10 different daddies so they keep gettin that check.
I know it's easy to fall into the belief of that stereotype, especially if you work in a field were you are exposed to it daily, but being married into a black family, I can tell you that out of all my in-laws, a good many people mind you, I only have 4 that fit your bill and one of the four is white.

No offense either Chia, but you just described a good portion of the people in West Virginia that I have been exposed to, and they weren't dark skinned.

What doesn't help the "black" population in this country is things like the L.A. riots, New Orleans, Juneteenth etc....

I think there is still a lot of fear in this country derived from race. Some in the black community battle that ingrown fear by thumbing their noses at the system, some cower, and some rise above it. Some are just assholes, skin color not withstanding.

I was driving my father in law to the store (he's old school black) and I ran a stop sign and got pulled over. You would have thought I murdered someone, the way Jerry was acting when that cop rolled up to my door. I told the officer I didn't see the sign and he let me go with a warning. Jerry couldn't believe it. He really was afraid. A 62 year old man, afraid! I don't walk in his shoes, so I don't know, but that fear was real man. I felt pretty bad for him. Things like that just cement the belief that white people are treated better than blacks in this country. According to him, he's never gotten let off with a warning. I always get let off with a warning. Do I feel bad about being white? Hell no, but there is definitely some major cultural shit attributing to the way some ethnic groups act, and once again, some are just plain assholes.

I guess it depends where you are etc.

#167617 - 20/06/07 03:50 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
GrnXnham Offline

Loc: Tacoma, WA
This incident doesn't have anything to do with race.

It's just a mob mentality. Most people tend to be very protective of small children, so when people in this mob saw someone injuring a small child, violence erupted. When a child is injured, emotions get out of control and all reasoning goes out the window, regardless of your race.

And usually when a mob starts to get violent, there are very few people brave enough to try to put a stop to it for fear of getting hurt themselves.

#167618 - 20/06/07 04:42 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
We've had this happen with much greater frequency here in Chicago. Someone accidentally hits a pedestrian in a horrible neighborhood and they're pulled from their car and either beaten to death or close to it. And of course there are never any witnesses.

This is becoming a real issue in black neighborhoods across the country. To sit there and play the "I don't see no race" card is just plain dumb. There's a common theme here - and it's that they're usually black mobs.

The "leaders" of the black community need to step up and address this. That is, of course, if they aren't too busy with radio DJs that nobody listened to anyway.

If any of these victims aren't black, what are the odds of the attackers getting tried under hate crime laws?

#167619 - 20/06/07 05:27 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
TJ Offline

Yeah, if only we could go back to the good old days when white people could form mobs and tar, feather, hang or burn blacks....I mean, a mob of angry white people, outraged that a darkie would consider buying in their neighborhood, or looking at their womenfolk...

Mobs of white people, killing black people, as god intended.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#167620 - 20/06/07 05:35 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Look, while an incident like this does not give you an excuse to make blanket statements about all blacks, it would be foolish to ignore the fact that this was done by low class black people because of a fear of being labeled as a racist.

My experience has shown me that while not all blacks are robbers and not all middle easterners are suicide bombers, I'm much more likely to be robbed or bombed by someone "of color"... and I refuse to apologize for having noticed the trend and for being a bit more wary of them because of it.

If I meet a black person in a business or social situation, I'll give them the same respect and benefit-of-the-doubt that I give to everyone else... but if I see a group of 'em wearing basketball jerseys I'm walking to the other side of the damn street.

#167621 - 20/06/07 05:37 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by GrnXnham:
This incident doesn't have anything to do with race.

It's just a mob mentality.
BS
Race and lack of education.

Whens the last time this happened in a white neighborhood? Oh yeah, maybe its because we could never have a WHITE holiday/celebration.

#167622 - 20/06/07 05:47 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Whens the last time this happened in a white neighborhood? Oh yeah, maybe its because we could never have a WHITE holiday/celebration.
What the fuck are you talking about?

I don't remember Bing Crosby dreamin' about no Black Christmas!

#167623 - 20/06/07 06:20 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by GrnXnham:
[b]This incident doesn't have anything to do with race.

It's just a mob mentality.
BS
Race and lack of education.

Whens the last time this happened in a white neighborhood? Oh yeah, maybe its because we could never have a WHITE holiday/celebration.[/b]
Ever heard of an angry riot/mob in Chinatown?

Me neither.
[Finger]

#167624 - 20/06/07 06:34 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
I'm glad this made the news. Let's see how Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson handle this. :rolleyes:

#167625 - 20/06/07 06:39 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
TJ Offline

The Boxer Rebellion was pretty violent.

The French Revolution was also pretty much a violent mob affair, etc...

Its human nature to feel repressed anger that builds, and then explodes, when under duress.

If a group is feeling like no one in power cares about them, then they have resentment...and look to get even and or revolt, etc.

Now, obviously, no one would say that only white people in France, or the Chinese in China, or the Americans in America (Boston Tea parties, etc...mobs revolting...) are representing THEIR RACE..they're representing their outrage.

The Japanese bitched about the damn Chinese rioting, the French Monarchy bitched about the damn peasants, the British (And the Mets...) bitched about the damn yankees, etc...

And, as no race is composed of cookie cutter clones, they all have individuals, of various objectives and morals.

American Indians were raised to consider horse stealing as a normal opportunistic chore...we viewed it as a hanging offense.

The boys in the hood consider dope in the same light, etc...

People without money include idiots who just can't cope with the world, and the unlucky...and the opportunistic.

Survival is a strong instinct...people are really good at finding ways to survive.

If there's a riot, well, get a tv...etc.

Its what happened in every country throughout history...you take their shit when you can...during the French revolution, shops were looted, things were vandalized, etc...same thing.

So - the obvious point is that some people will take advantage of your inattention to their own advantage...and others won't.

Obviously, during a mass protest...there's a mass protest...the masses are busy protesting...the REST of the locals, the opportunists, are taking advantage of the distractions.

So far, black chinamen from French Ku Klux Klan sects are obviously the one's to watch out for.

laugh

#167626 - 20/06/07 06:51 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you send out signals to folks that you don't belong, they'll make sure you don't. I think it's in peoples' nature to destroy others, especially if you don't fit in. But I also think that some folks are more prone to violence than others.

Persecute me all you want, but answer this: How many races are still living in the jungles and pounding drums? I can think of one. How many races still believe that it's cool to eat your neighbors in triumph believing that you'll gain their strength? One comes to mind. How many races live in a modern, civilized society but believe that sacrificing chickens will place a religious curse on their opponents? Hmmmm. How many races believe that it's OK to sacifice your life, and take out as many others as possible, in the name of your supposed god and that you'll have a host of virgins waiting for you in the afterlife? Are you kidding me?

I believe that it's encoded within the DNA of some races to act first (e.g., emotion, fight or flight, etc.), and to think later (e.g., intelligence, rational thought, etc.), or to not think at all (e.g., it's god's will, it's what the holy book dictates, etc.).

As with anything, there are exceptions and some individuals are destined to rise above others, regardless of what color they wear on the surface of their skin. Some individuals are also destined to live life scraping by, intentional or not. Regardless of what an individual may believe, we all have ten fingers, ten toes, and we ALL bleed red.

Who knows, maybe this is a result of hundreds of years racial persecution. Maybe it's also a result of tens of thousands of years of evolution, survival of the fittest, etc. I do know that I don't have the answer. I'm just trying to get through life unscathed.

- Race withheld.

#167627 - 20/06/07 07:06 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Before the rest of the Klan shows up here is a better explanation of how most people feel.

Black people vs nigga@

"Everytime black people wanna have a good time ignant ass nigga@ show up and fuck everything up."

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#167628 - 20/06/07 07:10 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
GrayHam Offline

cool

Where's mah fuckin' popcorn?

#167629 - 20/06/07 07:16 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Quote:
[b]Whens the last time this happened in a white neighborhood? Oh yeah, maybe its because we could never have a WHITE holiday/celebration.
What the fuck are you talking about?

I don't remember Bing Crosby dreamin' about no Black Christmas![/b]
Are you really that much of a fucking moron?!

#167630 - 20/06/07 07:19 PM Re: And black people wonder why people look down upon them
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
I'm glad this made the news. Let's see how Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson handle this. :rolleyes:
They won't. wink

http://www.metzgardesign.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal