2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168489 - 15/12/07 11:58 AM Re: Waterboarding - It's a good thing.
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
Bad example dude

If only he'd waterboarded somebody to get some good intel... :rolleyes:

#168490 - 17/12/07 11:10 AM Re: Waterboarding - It's a good thing.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
Originally posted by BurgPath:
[b]Bad example dude

If only he'd waterboarded somebody to get some good intel... :rolleyes: [/b]
As an admitted geek, I have to chime in here and comment that yes, Superman died, but not permanently. He was resurrected by the yellow rays of the sun :p . And everyone knows that Superman would never stoop so low as to torture someone. He would just beat the living crap out of them over and over again until they were out of commission entirely. Maybe we should try that instead of horrible ol' waterboarding.

#168491 - 17/12/07 01:16 PM Re: Waterboarding - It's a good thing.
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Soooo...you're a better judge of what is and isn't torture than John McCain, a man who WAS tortured? Right, the same way you can fly an F-18 better than any Blue Angel pilot. Sorry, that just doesn't make sense.

You're naive to believe these extreme techniques have only been used on a few key prisoners. But again, I can't prove that's not the case, and you can't prove it is.
I think most people are better judges of most things than John McCain. I don't want to make this a debate about McCain, but he is a completely despicable politician (and person from what I've heard) who would sell his mother or sell out his country for some favorable press.

McCain is also not the only member of Congress who was held as a POW by the Vietnamese. Congressman Sam Johnson of Texas was held for 7 years in Hanoi and says that John McCain is wrong.

The only naivety here is coming from your direction. Prisoners that are being held in US custody are becoming fat and are treated well. For you to make claims that we are torturing untold amounts of suspects is completely beyond irresponsible. It is basically nothing but propagandizing on behalf of the enemy.

#168492 - 17/12/07 01:19 PM Re: Waterboarding - It's a good thing.
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rockaholic:

Hey Madman, since you believe Waterboarding is not torture because you aren't killing or damaging the person, that means it's not torture ever unless you kill or damage someone.

So would you consider it torture to starve someone, but feed them just enough so they don't die, and force them to work without rest or food?

Yet, you must not consider that torture because they weren't killed or damaged by being nearly starved and worked.
That sure looks like torture to me.
That is a VERY immature argument Rock.

Of course denying prisoners food is a form of torture.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with this debate.

#168493 - 17/12/07 01:26 PM Re: Waterboarding - It's a good thing.
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:

Physical damage is not the only criterion for what constitutes torture. If it does no harm and isn't torture, why does it make them talk? Maybe they're giggling with glee at how much fun it is and important info accidentally slips out...

Maybe it's not as bad as some other tortures... maybe it's torture-lite... but it's definitely torture.
Waterboarding is what is considered a "harsh interrogation" technique. To say it is torture is nothing but a matter of opinion.

You obviously think it is torture. Many people do not.

Quote:
Maybe we're not... maybe we're no better than and no different from the "filthy ragheads" over there... but if we want to try to be the good guys and live up to this idyllic American image with waving flags, forefathers fighting for freedom and all that shit, we have to play by the good guy rulebook - and that means no torture no matter how many lives it might save.

Superman wins because he is smarter, faster, stronger, and braver - not because he hooks up car batteries to the Penguin's nipples wink
Superman is a fictitious character.

Terrorists don't live in a world of fiction. Maybe you shouldn't either.

#168494 - 17/12/07 03:16 PM Re: Waterboarding - It's a good thing.
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]Soooo...you're a better judge of what is and isn't torture than John McCain, a man who WAS tortured? Right, the same way you can fly an F-18 better than any Blue Angel pilot. Sorry, that just doesn't make sense.

You're naive to believe these extreme techniques have only been used on a few key prisoners. But again, I can't prove that's not the case, and you can't prove it is.
I think most people are better judges of most things than John McCain. I don't want to make this a debate about McCain, but he is a completely despicable politician (and person from what I've heard) who would sell his mother or sell out his country for some favorable press.

McCain is also not the only member of Congress who was held as a POW by the Vietnamese. Congressman Sam Johnson of Texas was held for 7 years in Hanoi and says that John McCain is wrong.

The only naivety here is coming from your direction. Prisoners that are being held in US custody are becoming fat and are treated well. For you to make claims that we are torturing untold amounts of suspects is completely beyond irresponsible. It is basically nothing but propagandizing on behalf of the enemy.[/b]
You're up to your old tricks yet again. I didn't say "untold numbers" - I said more than the few guys they're admitting to.

Would you submit to waterboarding to prove your point?

And are you ticked that they cropped you out of this cartoon? laugh

#168495 - 17/12/07 05:52 PM Re: Waterboarding - It's a good thing.
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

You're up to your old tricks yet again. I didn't say "untold numbers" - I said more than the few guys they're admitting to.
No, you didn't specifically say untold numbers. However, you did infer that this country has tortured a lot of people. Usually you just make blanket comments like "everybody the US has tortured". You just repeat unfounded and baseless propaganda.

"And you can't prove everybody at Gitmo or everyone tortured by the U.S. is a terrorist, and I can't prove they aren't."

"Can you categorically state that everybody the U.S. has ever tortured was a terrorist?"

The above quotes were stated by you previously. It certainly appears by what you write that you are inferring this country has tortured what could seem like a large number of people.

Repeating propaganda without any form of clarification seems to be an old trick of yours.

How about some clarification. How many people are involved when you make the claim "everybody the US has tortured"? What evidence do you have to even make the claim that we are torturing people? What forms of torture have we subjected "everybody" to?

#168496 - 20/12/07 09:51 AM Re: Waterboarding - It's a good thing.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Torture chambers found in Iraq. Is anyone surprised? This is just more evidence of the evil nature of these people. click dees for de article, homes.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal