shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171004 - 08/04/07 10:44 PM Marijuana legalize it?
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
What do you all think about marijuana being illegal in the US. I think its a waste of time and money to keep it off the streets. Its impossible to OD on THC and I dont remember the last time anyone sparked a joint and beat the hell out of their wives despite what "Reefer Madness" told you. I know some places are putting in sensible laws regarding possesion but I believe there should be a national decriminalization. I think an age restriction should be in place as with booze or cigs 18 or 21.
Anyone else have any thoughts about it? [Smoking] (yeah the little guy is hittin a joint)

#171005 - 08/04/07 10:52 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
There are already too many fat and stupid people in the U.S.
Passes the Magic Hat and Doritos...wanna watch Teletubbies? [Smoking]

#171006 - 08/04/07 11:59 PM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Claus Offline

is it against the law down there?????????. good for you. i say go after them all, lock up the people who wants to be druggies, marijuana is bad mmmmkay. all pot leads to is hugging, giggling and supporting Burger King

#171007 - 09/04/07 05:46 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't see any distinction between it and alcohol. Seems to me like we ought to make it legal for those of a certain age and tax it, just like we do with booze.

It'd be the first time in my life I wouldn't bitch about paying taxes. laugh

#171008 - 09/04/07 06:03 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
I'm extremely anti-drug and have never used illegal drugs in the past but I'd like to see it legalized and taxed to the moon.

Since New Orleans is struggling to come back, I'd legalize it in New Orleans first, this would cause a mass migration from San Fran to New Orleans. smile

#171009 - 09/04/07 06:04 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

"F" that. It's a drug. It's illegal, and needs to stay that way.

EDIT= Reason for statement..... The wife and I (son wasnt born yet) and a family member were rear ended bad in downtown Newark quite a few years back. A 35 yr old woman let her 15 year old BOYFRIEND drive her "first new car", he was stoned (and arrested), and 15.... Asshole coulda killed us.

Again I say "F" that. It's a drug. It's illegal, and needs to stay that way.

My 2cents
MGJ

#171010 - 09/04/07 06:09 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by MarGinJoey:
"F" that. It's a drug. It's illegal, and needs to stay that way.

EDIT= Reason for statement..... The wife and I (son wasnt born yet) and a family member were rear ended bad in downtown Newark quite a few years back. A 35 yr old woman let her 15 year old BOYFRIEND drive her "first new car", he was stoned (and arrested), and 15.... Asshole coulda killed us.
Not to sound callous to your accident, but alcohol does the same thing - in FAR greater numbers.

Should we criminalize alcohol? Do you drink?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#171011 - 09/04/07 06:17 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Should we criminalize alcohol? Do you drink?
That's what I always come back to with this argument - is there any meaningful distinction between marijuana and alcohol? I sure don't see one.

Maybe somebody can come up with something I haven't heard before.

#171012 - 09/04/07 06:43 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
BigE515 Offline

The problem is that most potheads drink and smoke. "But dude, I only drank a six pack!" Then you basically added another on top of that with the joint you smoked. I've had this arguement before, every time the person drinks and smokes yet they try to say that alcohol is far worse. Then I hear about that person getting arrested for DUI, losing their job because they thought the boss wouldn't notice the half shut, blood shot eyes, getting caught vandalizing street signs, sleepwalking into a friend's room, sitting on his computer chair thinking that he's sitting on the toilet then realizing a few gallons of the Hershey squirts which ends up spraying all over the room and is eventually spread all over the house. [LOL] [LOL] Man, was my friend pissed off!

#171013 - 09/04/07 07:05 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been to Amsterdam many times when I lived in England. Being legal and sold through licensed 'Coffee Houses' keeps the illegal drugs off the streets.

The law here in the US is so archaic with regards to even drinking alchohol - compared to the rest of the world. I don't see if becoming legal here anytime soon. I say lower the drinking age to 18 too and sell booze on campus at Universities. Rather than the college kids all using fake IDs to buy alchohol off campus and ending up killing themselves on the roads.

#171014 - 09/04/07 07:11 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think they should legalize it too, its not stopping anyone.

And Rinky I agree with you wholeheartedly on the alcohol thing too. I am in college right now and the drinking age does absolutely zero to stop people under 21 from drinking. What it does do is make it so that we have to drink in secret for the most part, and we have to be very careful what we do in public. This usually leads to kids pregaming really hard and binge drinking even more, because if we go out, we want to be drunk enough when we leave to stay drunk for the entire night since its harder to drink once we go out. The only good thing where I go to school is that the age to get into the bars is 18 and alcohol is easily accessible once you are inside.

#171015 - 09/04/07 07:14 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
BigE515 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I've been to Amsterdam many times when I lived in England. Being legal and sold through licensed 'Coffee Houses' keeps the illegal drugs off the streets.

The law here in the US is so archaic with regards to even drinking alchohol - compared to the rest of the world. I don't see if becoming legal here anytime soon. I say lower the drinking age to 18 too and sell booze on campus at Universities. Rather than the college kids all using fake IDs to buy alchohol off campus and ending up killing themselves on the roads.
In the dorms, in the bathroom, on the ground-outside of their dorm window, on the 50 yard line, in the hallway...etc etc etc [drink]

#171016 - 09/04/07 07:20 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Prohibition didn't turn out so well and was from 1918 to 1933??

If I could make a point it would be that people are people. Responsible ones don't smoke, drink get into accidents, etc. Irresponsible people are just that and it doesn't matter if "it" is illegal or not. Replace it with whatever you like. They don't care.

The problem is two fold:
1)What else would be decriminalized after weed or along with it? You know how stuff gets attached to good Bills and then you have crap. I don't want Acid, Meth, or Crack available at the Circle K and these are usually brought up because they are classified in the same group.
2)What is a fair taxation level for some legal product? Especially one that will grow anywhere you plant it. We've seen what they've done to Tobacco and the regulations surrounding it. Every time there is a new "Save the Children" Tax asked for from the Public they vote for it. What is the Cap on the Price and should it be legal for the Government to Tax a legal product so much that it may as well be illegal?

If there were a Vote tomorrow, I'd be in favor if only to relieve the Prison systems of the Mandatory sentenced Druggies who didn't hurt anyone in the process of the crime. As far as MGJ, the bastard who hit you should have seen some serious time, but being 15 he was probably just sent home to mommy to do it again at 18 when he'll be held accountable. :rolleyes: Hopefully next time he doesn't kill someone and if he does it's himself only.

#171017 - 09/04/07 07:26 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
If they lower the drinking age to 18, can I get a credit from the $250 fine I received for my fake ID in college? laugh

#171018 - 09/04/07 07:50 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Thing is, you can vote and serve your Country in war, i.e. "legally" kill another human being for your country, but you cannot legally drink in your country? it's BS.

#171019 - 09/04/07 07:52 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Thing is, you can vote and serve your Country in war, i.e. "legally" kill another human being for your country, but you cannot legally drink in your country? it's BS.
I totally agree. Hell, add to that the fact that you can get married at 18, have kids at 18. But you can't buy a fricken beer! WTF.

#171020 - 09/04/07 07:56 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Technically you can buy booze at 18 if you're in the military, correct?

#171021 - 09/04/07 08:01 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
If you're in another country, but that doesn't matter if you're in the military or not.

Face the facts here. The laws prohibiting weed in this country has NOTHING to do with how bad it is (or isn't) for you. It all has to do with money and special interests (THERE'S a big surprise).

Think of how big the DEA has gotten over the last 20-25 years. Their operating budget would be slashed in half, at least, if the marijuana was taken off the street. Yeah, they'll let that happen.

And that's just a portion of it.

#171022 - 09/04/07 08:02 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are good arguments for either side, but has anyone ever considered the consequences of a mass introduction of an extremely fast growing invasive weed into the ecosystem such as the cannabis plant?

Not to mention it changes sex via the air, so there is a chance of huge quantities of non-bud producing male plants

#171023 - 09/04/07 08:20 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TunaSoda:
There are good arguments for either side
What's a good argument against it? I still haven't heard one yet.

I don't think it would spread rapidly through the ecosystem, as it's already being grown all over the country and there's yet to be a massive outbreak of the stuff.

#171024 - 09/04/07 08:21 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
I have a friend whose parents are government growers, those that are paid to grow the stuff are extremely good at what they do. Im sure if it was legalized, they would draft laws on who could legally grow and sell it in order to tax the hell out of it. I also don't feel that if they were to legalize it that harder drugs would be included. Many of them have much more intense affects on the user.
SWXC Member #74

#171025 - 09/04/07 09:04 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
I'm for keeping it illegal, but just because I love hearing potheads cry rivers about how unjust the system is and how they have all the answers - if only someone would listen.

My favorite is when they bend over backwards to try to convince people about what an awesome fabric hemp is for clothing. Like people sit around complaining that there just aren't enough decent fabrics for shirts and pants these days.

Stoners turning into Vera Wang and Tommy Hilfiger all the sudden is hilarious. Talk about a trojen horse. :rolleyes:

#171026 - 09/04/07 09:25 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
I'm for keeping it illegal, but just because I love hearing potheads cry rivers about how unjust the system is and how they have all the answers - if only someone would listen.

My favorite is when they bend over backwards to try to convince people about what an awesome fabric hemp is for clothing. Like people sit around complaining that there just aren't enough decent fabrics for shirts and pants these days.

Stoners turning into Vera Wang and Tommy Hilfiger all the sudden is hilarious. Talk about a trojen horse. :rolleyes:
I don't think it's the potheads pushing hemp as clothing as much as it is the tree huggers.

There are other uses for it. Food, paper, fuel, wood substitute, etc.

Why would potheads push it? You can't get high on hemp.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#171027 - 09/04/07 09:32 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's already so easy to get, that it might as well be legal. Save the prisons for the real criminals and generate some revenue for the government in the process. Legalizing it probably won't increase consumption that much...stoners now will be stoners if it's legal.

As for the person who got rearended by a stoned kid....well...it didn't really matter if it was legal or not, did it? Either way he was still stoned.

The only difference is that we don't need to waste public resources enforcing ineffective laws.

Maybe then, we can enforce the immigration laws instead.

#171028 - 09/04/07 10:34 AM Re: Marijuana legalize it?
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Why would potheads push it? You can't get high on hemp.
Beats me, but they do. And these treehuggers are just stoners that think they know everything about whats best for us AND the environment.

You can't get high off of pot leaf bumper stickers and pot leaf t-shirts, but that doesn't stop stoners from loving those to pieces either.

With all the pollution other industries cause, really - where does the cotton fabric industry rank?

The only reason potheads care so much about hemp is because it comes from the same plant that weed comes from. Simple as that, and I honestly resent them peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining by pretending to be oh so concerned about what is really a non-issue.

If hemp came from something else, they wouldn't give a rats ass about hemp or it's "environmental" effects.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  RedX, RiNkY 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal