2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173196 - 21/07/03 02:19 PM Cleaning Siderails
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey all,
What tricks do you guys have for cleaning siderails? Should I use the same type of cleaner I use on my wheels to get the brake dust off?
It just seems to look dull and dirty and I'm not sure what to use to get it back to that *clean* look again. Doesnt necessarily have to be shiny since I`m not sure it was ever *shiny* to begin with.

Any suggestions?
Thanks..

Indy

#173197 - 21/07/03 02:24 PM Re: Cleaning Siderails
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wash my whole truck with carwash and a sponge. Everything. I always dry with a shamie (sp) and if I wax I apply the 3 step process (usually about every 3-4 months). Then some tire dressing... that's it.

#173198 - 24/07/03 06:50 AM Re: Cleaning Siderails
Anonymous
Unregistered

Take them off then you don't have to worry about it anymore. If you off road alot then you should take them off so you don't damage them anyway.
That is the way I keep mine clean, in the garage.
Steve

#173199 - 24/07/03 11:51 AM Re: Cleaning Siderails
coubs Offline

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
I clean it with a sponge every time I wash it but I get "stains" or maybe they are large water marks.
I bought some back to black (which works great on the bumpers, door handles, door gaurds and front fairing(?) where the wipers are) I used it on the plastic part of the step rails and it worked but didn't last too long (becuase my son steps on them to get up and in.
I had an old bottle of Armour All and used that on the plastic and also the metal and it works pretty good.

Just my 2 cents

#173200 - 25/07/03 09:00 AM Re: Cleaning Siderails
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Suspect2:

I wash my whole truck with carwash and a sponge. Everything. I always dry with a shamie (sp) and if I wax I apply the 3 step process (usually about every 3-4 months). Then some tire dressing... that's it.
Wax on the sidrails?

eek

That's textured paint on those bad boy's. To keep mine looking new, I wash them everytime I wash the truck (along with the tires) using my regular car wash/wax soap. Twice a year or so I'll break out the Simple Green and a brush. As for tar, a couple of times I've had to use bug/tar removal on a couple spots.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#173201 - 02/08/03 11:13 AM Re: Cleaning Siderails
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
buy some Calmini sliders laugh

#173202 - 04/08/03 03:07 PM Re: Cleaning Siderails
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by indy:
Hey all,
What tricks do you guys have for cleaning siderails?
You mean you still have them on your truck? laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal