shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174755 - 24/06/03 07:36 PM Damnit! Dent already. Suggestions?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I went MTB today and as I pulled my bike off my roof rack and my fork hit the side of my truck (when I slipped) right above the rear cargo window.

I have a nice little "crease" dent there now. Not to mention the scratch went right to the metal!

I went MTBing then came home and took some rubbing compound to the scratch. I then cleaned it and with my fingernail scrapped off about a nickel size spot where there was no paint. I then ever so carefully took the touchup paint and covered that spot up.

In a week or to I'll go back and take rubbing compound to the touchup paint and even it out and blend it in as best I can.

But what about this crease dent? It's about 1 inch long and isn't to deep. If you look at the truck from the side you can see it. I was thinking a dentless removal place but its above the rear cargo window and I don't think they can get to it from the inside of the truck.

I also thought about the ding king but I am unsure of how it will perform on a crease dent. Then again, it is a very small one.

Bottom line. I was an idiot and needed to be more careful! [Geek]

#174756 - 25/06/03 05:44 AM Re: Damnit! Dent already. Suggestions?
warlock Offline

Loc: Springfield VA
Take it to Dent Wizards If you go to the rockville office tell them that Donnie Villanueva from Dynamic Racing Concepts referred you to them.

#174757 - 25/06/03 11:12 PM Re: Damnit! Dent already. Suggestions?
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by Suspect2:
I also thought about the ding king but I am unsure of how it will perform on a crease dent. Then again, it is a very small one.

Don't bother with ding king... I bought one to try on a couple spots. One little dent from backing into a grill, the other from hitting a gate. Neither came out with ding king.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#174758 - 26/06/03 03:23 AM Re: Damnit! Dent already. Suggestions?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Let the pros do it - Ding King is a joke.

$50-$70 and they will typically get it out to where it isn't noticable at all.

The only thing is it would have been better to let them get the dent out first before you did the touch up paint, but they probably won't disturb it.

#174759 - 26/06/03 04:28 AM Re: Damnit! Dent already. Suggestions?
warlock Offline

Loc: Springfield VA
DocNo

Supporting Member

vaxc

2002 Just Blue
4x4 SE SC 5 speed

posted 06-26-2003 04:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let the pros do it - Ding King is a joke.

$50-$70 and they will typically get it out to where it isn't noticable at all.

The only thing is it would have been better to let them get the dent out first before you did the touch up paint, but they probably won't disturb it.
-------------------------------------

I agree with DocNo Let the pros do it bring it to dent wizards let them do the job. they have been in the business for a long time serving most for the areas dealerships. My friends and I bring our cars to dent wizards for all the dent work we have been a satisfied customers for a good 7 years now.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal