shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174862 - 26/07/04 04:59 PM Detailing Routine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Curious to know what everyone's routine for a good detailing job is like... My X needs a good deep cleaning.. the dealer didn't do such a hot job!

#174863 - 26/07/04 11:01 PM Re: Detailing Routine
Anonymous
Unregistered

First I clean the wheels and tires, then wash the truck with car soap. I then rinse very well and dry with a chamois or towel or rinse again with my Mr Clean car wash thing depending on how I feel.

Next comes the inside. Brush down all the vents, holes, pockets, cracks and crevaces that catch crumbs, sweep it all out, clean any spots on the carpet, then vaccum the carpet and seats.

After it's clean and dry outside put I Armorall on the trim, dash, plastic on the doors, I also get the bumpers and window trim. I DO NOT Armorall the steering wheel or step rail pads or top of the back bumper, Pretty much anything you don't want slick.

After it's done, I spray on some tire shine and go driving smile

Takes about 3 hours for everything. I do the wheels and tires first so I make sure I get the chemicals I use on the tires and rims off the paint. That's the only particular thing I do.

#174864 - 27/07/04 05:42 AM Re: Detailing Routine
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
1. Remove air deflector and roof basket. Hose down entire truck, tires, and wheels.
2. Wash exterior black trim, roof rack, and wheels with Simple Green and a bug scrubber. Used same method on step rails before I took 'em off.
3. Wash sheet metal with Meguiar's Gold car wash.
4. Clean tires as follows: spray with Simple Green; add a little Ajax cleanser to tire brush and scrub tire. The Ajax makes the white letters white again. If you don't have RWL, skip the cleanser.
5. Thoroughly rinse entire truck, tires, and wheels.
6. Chamois dry. Use a small terrycloth towel to wipe down doorjambs, inside edges of doors and hatch, etc.
7. Clay bar treatment (if needed).
8. Wax with Meguiar's (if needed). Note - removing the roof rack makes waxing the roof a lot easier, and you can clean the filth out from under where the rack attaches to the roof. I do that every now and again.
9. Treat exterior black trim with Back to Black (if needed).
10. Clean exterior glass with Invisiglass, interior glass with Windex wipes.
11. Treat exterior glass with RainX (if needed).
12. Clean interior.
13. Take shower, pop open a Smirnoff Ice.
14. Look outside and become annoyed that truck already has pollen, dust, and/or pollution on it. There's nothing like the fresh air of Atlanta!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal