2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175316 - 18/03/02 09:19 AM 15" steel wheel color?
steinism Offline

Loc: spooner street
i've done a search on this and didn't really find exactly what i was looking for. has anyone actually re painted their nissan xe steel wheels to their original color? would like to re do a set but can't find a color code to paint them with. i want to keep them the same factory color or give them the new darker charcoal color.

if there's no code number out there maybe a type of paint someone's used to touch them up with would be just as good.

thanks.

#175317 - 18/03/02 09:36 AM Re: 15" steel wheel color?
XXXTERRA Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ont. Canada
I know it's not the stock colour, but Xcanuk painted his black http://www.geocities.com/x_canuk/exterior_mods.html
I'm sure he will give you all the details and a long term report on how the paint held up. I'll send him a PM. I think he used high temp bbq paint, but I could be wrong.

#175318 - 18/03/02 10:21 AM Re: 15" steel wheel color?
steinism Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XXXTERRA:
I know it's not the stock colour, but Xcanuk painted his black http://www.geocities.com/x_canuk/exterior_mods.html
I'm sure he will give you all the details and a long term report on how the paint held up. I'll send him a PM. I think he used high temp bbq paint, but I could be wrong.
yeah i read up on that and it was quite helpful. i'll probably folow the steps he did. i just want to keep them the original color or make them the new nissan charcoal color.

#175319 - 18/03/02 10:27 AM Re: 15" steel wheel color?
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
Yep, the paint 99% held, ( 5 months, they are my winter rims, harsh conditions ) but I will have to respray some small areas.. I should have sanded it twice for full coverage, the paint flaked on small areas that I must have missed. Can't help you with the colour match, but I think it would be easy to find a darker grey (charcoal) in a metal spray paint at the local home depot.

#175320 - 22/03/02 05:34 AM Re: 15" steel wheel color?
CDXX Offline

Loc: Beverly, MA
I custom painted my mesh grill, headlight wells and lower bar on bumper with Rust-oleum Specialty #1915 Silver Metallic. While I had the can out, I sprayed a little into a dixie cup, let it start to dry for a minute and then touched up some spots I had noticed on my stock steel wheels when I was rotating my tires. It matched very well. I would think that you could do your wheels with this color. If you get a chip, the original color will match when it shows through. Hey for $3 a can you could get new rims every spring!

#175321 - 22/03/02 07:31 AM Re: 15" steel wheel color?
steinism Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by CDXX:
I custom painted my mesh grill, headlight wells and lower bar on bumper with Rust-oleum Specialty #1915 Silver Metallic. While I had the can out, I sprayed a little into a dixie cup, let it start to dry for a minute and then touched up some spots I had noticed on my stock steel wheels when I was rotating my tires. It matched very well. I would think that you could do your wheels with this color. If you get a chip, the original color will match when it shows through. Hey for $3 a can you could get new rims every spring!
very cool! thanks for the info.

#175322 - 22/03/02 08:05 AM Re: 15" steel wheel color?
XXXTERRA Offline

I saw a spray paint yesterday at Canadian Tire that was designed for steel wheels(I think). It did not have a colour code rather one of those " colour is indicated by cap" messages, but it looked to be the colour you are after (new darker charcoal color). I have to go back today so I'll get as much info as I can. I'll edit this post later.

#175323 - 22/03/02 08:48 AM Re: 15" steel wheel color?
steinism Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XXXTERRA:
I saw a spray paint yesterday at Canadian Tire that was designed for steel wheels(I think). It did not have a colour code rather one of those " colour is indicated by cap" messages, but it looked to be the colour you are after (new darker charcoal color). I have to go back today so I'll get as much info as I can. I'll edit this post later.
let me know XXX. maybe i'll check out pep boys and see if they have what you're talking about. if you can get back to me by the weekend with more info that would be great, if not no problem....man what a fantanstic amount of help and info i'm getting here today. [Wave]

#175324 - 22/03/02 12:04 PM Re: 15" steel wheel color?
XXXTERRA Offline

Thought I'd just make a new post.

Dupli-Color is the maker and look for the Graphit code WP 102. It's $6.99 Cdn for a bottle. If I had the steel wheels, this is what I would use to paint them.

Hope this helped

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal