2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175364 - 19/11/03 09:42 AM Bad bad spotting... and corrosion
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was going to do the zaino recommended wax strip with dawn on my X but descided to first test it out on my sentra... both black and new.

First thing I notice is that the paint on the sentra is total crap... scratches everywhere and rough to the touch... feel like they forgot the clear coat... so

Anyways I wash with the dawn and when drying there are large what looked like water spots on the hood and bumper. Upon inspection they seem to be 3-d like the wax was removed in some spots and not in others... and also the "chrome" grill has white corrosive powder on it in several spots... either that or a ton of water minerals... I tried washing the area again and the problems is still there... i waxed over it and it still looks like crap.

I have not tried the dawn on the X. Too scared.

What the hecks going on?

Ender

#175365 - 19/11/03 10:56 AM Re: Bad bad spotting... and corrosion
Anonymous
Unregistered

You will have to wash your vehicle twice to remove all the wax with Dawn. Ensure that you wash and then rinse one section at a time. Dry Dawn soap residue is a pain to remove from you X, especially since yours is black. To remove the "rough feel" to the paint surface of your X invest in a clay bar, you can also use it on your glass and chrome to remove any surface imperfections. Speaking from experience, it works wonders [ThumbsUp] . You will need to follow up with a good cleaner wax, polish and carnuba wax. You X will shine after you are done. You will have to invest about 4-8 hours but it will be well worth it. NOTE: If you have any chips or scratches, the best time to work on them is after the Dawn wash down. Follow the directions on the touch-up paint and use a good scratch remover to feather the edges of the touch-up paint and then proceed with the wax follow up proceedure. Happy waxing laugh

#175366 - 19/11/03 11:13 AM Re: Bad bad spotting... and corrosion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dry dawn soap residue... I never suspected that... I new I should have halted when the sun came out. That is probably it... I hope a clay bar can get that off!

Thanks for the info smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal