shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175924 - 02/05/01 10:30 AM Chipping Front Grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I was pressure washing the bugs off the front bumper and grill and evidentally I got too close to the grill and an pencil eraser size piece of paint came off. I thought it was plastic like the lower bumper. Now bright silver metal shows through. Anyways, has this happened to anyone else. Can it be painted? Do they sell this color through Xterraparts.com or anything else. Can I get it painted by the dealer (maybe it's powdercoat) or do I have to purchase a new grill? Sorry for all the questions but I am pissed off. It's not like I had the pressure washer a half inch from the grill, the paint should not have come off.
Thanks in advance.

------------------
2001 XE Silver Ice

#175925 - 02/05/01 10:32 AM Re: Chipping Front Grill
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Nobody has been able to get anyone @ Nissan to come up with any info about the bumper paint color/code, and there is no touch-up. I've got a mole at the factory looking for some info like who makes it in the first place (PPG probably) and what their color code is.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#175926 - 02/05/01 11:06 AM Re: Chipping Front Grill
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
The plastic bits in the front get pitted big time... I noticed this on mine - barely six months old. A little disheartening, if you ask me.

However, Meguiar's "Back to Black" makes them all but vanish...

------------------
01SE 6cyl 5spd SolrYelow

#175927 - 02/05/01 11:09 AM Re: Chipping Front Grill
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
IIRC, Steve Richardson at Courtesy Nissan / xterraparts.com was going to check on bumper paint.
Give him a call and see if he had any luck.

dave and Xtoy - looks like utility grey to me

------------------

#175928 - 03/05/01 03:34 AM Re: Chipping Front Grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the replies. I will call Courtesy Nissan today and let you guys know.

------------------
2001 XE Silver Ice

#175929 - 08/05/01 09:41 AM Re: Chipping Front Grill
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I called Courtesy Nissan and they do not sell touchup paint for the front grill. However, I was seaching through xterraparts.com and found that you can buy a new grill for about $100, which in my mind is not too bad. It looks pretty easy to replace. Might have to get a new one and keep it for the summer and put on the chipped one in the winter.

------------------
2001 XE Silver Ice

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal