2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176341 - 29/04/04 08:07 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XMountaineer:
Who was your salesman? Gary Hensley was mine. That is strage for Harrisonburg Nissan...they pride themselves on being "1st in Customer Service in VA" for 2001 and 2002. Basically, tell them you'll give them bad results on the survey. I'm sure John Booker will credit for you then.
Randy Traber was the salesman. He was all good til we talked about the pinstriping. I've even talked to Duane, the Financial Coordinator, and the General Manager, all of which gave the same answer, "No!".

As for the rest of you, I've bought the X, signed the papers. I can't take the car back once the deal is done. It's $180.00 for the pinstriping, so they won't get the money I have to give for service, I'll head out to another dealer. You people are telling me to cancel the check and all this shit, but the check is directly from the bank to the dealership. (Loan!) I'm going to just suck it up and not take my X there for service. I'll just goto the closer dealership, Staunton Nissan.

Last, but not least, my wife is the person who thought the purple pinstriping would look "OK". The vehicle is just as much hers as mine, so if she wants them, we're getting them.

Thanks for the help guys, but I'm going to suck it up.

#176342 - 29/04/04 08:34 PM Re: Pin Stripes
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Didn't you post a thread with pictures of your X already? It was posted a day before you posted about this.

So you took the X home...then they told you that you NEEDED to get pinstripping?

Just admit it. You're the one who wants the purple stripes. You just wanted an excuse to ask for everyone's opinion smile .

#176343 - 29/04/04 09:28 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
Didn't you post a thread with pictures of your X already? It was posted a day before you posted about this.

So you took the X home...then they told you that you NEEDED to get pinstripping?

Just admit it. You're the one who wants the purple stripes. You just wanted an excuse to ask for everyone's opinion smile .
They never said I NEEDED to get pinstriping, they just said I would be charged whether I wanted them or not.

#176344 - 29/04/04 09:59 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

According to BBB , Harrisonburg Nissan has a pretty bad BBB standing. mad

#176345 - 30/04/04 05:36 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, so maybe the battle is over, but we'll win the war! Those Nissan Survey's they send out, well they take those seriously. If you give them a shit rating, they'll hear about it. So bash them good on it. Also, you're likely to get a call from Nissan asking how your "experience" was. More bashing, mention to them the BBB comments too. Shit flows down-hill and eventually will land right where it belongs...on the shitheads at that dealership.

Or, you could monitor the salesman for about a week, find out his after-work habits, if he stops by somewhere for a beer or the grocery store, and then get yourself a ski mask and some brass knuckles. Ambush baby, ambush. But you didn't hear that from me. wink

#176346 - 30/04/04 05:40 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

nahh, just follow him around till he goes shopping somewhere.

Then when his car is all alone and ready for the taking, you take the pinstriping off your X and put it on his car!!!

Indy

#176347 - 30/04/04 06:32 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

hell dealers arent qualified to put on pin stripes there normal way is to put them on and do the trimming with a raizor blade while they are on the car which cuts the paint and in 6 months you'll have big rust scabs at the ends of each pin stripes... i dont even let the dealer wash my car after the oil change let alone do something beyound there technical ability like this

#176348 - 30/04/04 06:37 AM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by indy:
nahh, just follow him around till he goes shopping somewhere.

Then when his car is all alone and ready for the taking, you take the pinstriping off your X and put it on his car!!!

Indy
You know, I was having similiar thoughts along the same line, but something a little more bold...find out where the dick lives, get yourself a can of purple paint and a roller, and give his house a nice stripe. [Finger]

#176349 - 30/04/04 12:00 PM Re: Pin Stripes
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
Well, I guess it's too late, but in TX, you have 3 days to return the vehicle, according to state law. So no matter what they wrote in a contract, you could return it... supposedly.

I don't know if you'd get processing and filing fees back however. It would probably be an expensive decision.

Nissan called me to ask about the truck about a week after I got mine. Give em hell!

-=RB

#176350 - 30/04/04 12:21 PM Re: Pin Stripes
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
I guess I'll answer the guys question. I have silver pin striping. If done well it looks pretty good.

#176351 - 30/04/04 01:00 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by rb42:
Well, I guess it's too late, but in TX, you have 3 days to return the vehicle, according to state law. So no matter what they wrote in a contract, you could return it... supposedly.
Interesting?? So if you return it, can they turn around and sell it for new??

Indy

#176352 - 30/04/04 01:26 PM Re: Pin Stripes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Same deal in Missouri. You have 3 days. You do have to pay the loan app fee and couple of other things. But they can sell the car as new until a certain mileage. I don't remember exactly what that is.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal