2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176892 - 16/06/05 09:04 AM Painting the interior pillars
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to paint all of my interior pillars to be the same color as the rest of the interior. I searched this sight, and haven't found any topics in regard to my specific subject. I also went to the Nissan dealership in hopes of finding the specific color code for my interior, which apparently is "G" (black, even though the interior seems to have a slight grayness in it). So I strolled over to a hardware store, found spray paint specifically meant to cover plastic/vinyl paints (with no need for primer). I used the black spray paint first agains't some other plastic, and realized that the colors didn't even remotely match. Apparently, Nissan's version of black is no where remotely close to the worlds view of black. So now I'm confused, and with little information on this subject I'm filled with questions

Does anybody know the specific color code?

what gloss is this paint?

and

Does anybody have any suggestions of spray paint?

#176893 - 16/06/05 11:12 AM Re: Painting the interior pillars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would it have a color code or type of gloss/matte as it is injection molded plastic?

To get a true match I think you'd have to paint everything.

#176894 - 16/06/05 08:43 PM Re: Painting the interior pillars
Anonymous
Unregistered

okay, after a day of researching I found my answers pretty easy. And for future notice I'll just answer my own questions in case somebody ever becomes interested in the same project.

The color is black, and reflectivity is satin

I bought a 6 pack online of Krylon Fusion Black Satin paint #2421 for 30 bucks, by next week I'll know if it's a worthy modification.

#176895 - 22/06/05 05:02 AM Re: Painting the interior pillars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Just_Blue:
okay, after a day of researching I found my answers pretty easy. And for future notice I'll just answer my own questions in case somebody ever becomes interested in the same project.

The color is black, and reflectivity is satin

I bought a 6 pack online of Krylon Fusion Black Satin paint #2421 for 30 bucks, by next week I'll know if it's a worthy modification.
Ask your dealer about dye. My wife's Altima came with wodd trim, which she didn't want. When they removed it, it marred the dash and other places. The had a guy come in and dye it and you'd never know.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal