2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176896 - 24/06/01 04:08 PM A full day of detailing, oy! BTW, Rain-X & XOC stickers don't mix
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Wow, I got up at 8:30, ran a couple of errands, got home around 9:30, and started on my truck around 10. Here it is 7:00 and I just finished, save for an hour or so break.

Ran it through the touchless @ the gas station, then wiped it down with bug/tar/wax remover for a fresh start. Then a hand wash, followed by one coat of Liquid Glass. Clean all the trim with Back To Black while the first coat of LG cures, then another coat of LG. Last, I clean all the glass inside and out with Windex, followed by a clean/polish with Stoner Invisible Glass and newspaper. Finally I put Rain-X on all the outside glass. Oy, what a day. Looks pretty good, but that wasn't the primary goal. I'm hoping the Liquid Glass can take more abuse from brush on the trail than typical wax. The bottle says to take it off you have to use mineral spirits and 00 steel wool!

Oh, the thing I learned: Rain-X will streak the ink on the XOC stickers, be careful.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#176897 - 24/06/01 04:47 PM Re: A full day of detailing, oy! BTW, Rain-X & XOC stickers don't mix
BigTom Offline

Loc: Brownsburg, Indiana
Good for you! I planned to wash/wax/detail mine yesterday (Sat), but while washing it, my next door neighbor asked for me to wash his truck. (he is rather old and has a hard time doing such things himself) I agreed, and did it after I was done washing mine. By that time I was pretty burnt out on cleaning. Maybe next weekend.

------------------
"Why do today what you can put off untill tomorrow?"

#176898 - 24/06/01 08:30 PM Re: A full day of detailing, oy! BTW, Rain-X & XOC stickers don't mix
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Oh, the thing I learned: Rain-X will streak the ink on the XOC stickers, be careful.

Yes it will, just like nail polish remover.

The XOC stockers are guaranteed not to fade, but not when Rain-X is applied.

------------------
Regards,
Ian

#176899 - 24/06/01 10:14 PM Re: A full day of detailing, oy! BTW, Rain-X & XOC stickers don't mix
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Where do I get my XOC sticker? Just kidding

------------------
Math svcks!! -- Jimmy Buffett

http://www.gpxo.org

Got Spark?

#176900 - 25/06/01 04:11 AM Re: A full day of detailing, oy! BTW, Rain-X & XOC stickers don't mix
Silver Raider Offline

Loc: Goose Creek, SC
I feel for ya' bro but atleast on an X you don't need a ladder to reach parts of the roof! I worked over my wifes van from 8:30 to 5pm including pulling the seats and shampooing the carpets-uuuuuuggggggghhhhh! talk about cuel and unsual, Not the best plan for a saturday, but now shes back up to speed so hopefully I can avoid a repeat!
lol

------------------
'01 Silver Ice V6 XE 4x2 3-PAK blah, blah, blah-Damn nice truck!!
"A strand of Silver,hanging in the sky
Touching more than meets the eye..."

Black '01 SAS X
RCPFA

#176901 - 25/06/01 06:38 AM Re: A full day of detailing, oy! BTW, Rain-X & XOC stickers don't mix
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Wow, you guys need to streamline your operations...

------------------
01 SE 6cyl 5spd Solar Yellow
"Sleep... A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine."

#176902 - 25/06/01 06:57 AM Re: A full day of detailing, oy! BTW, Rain-X & XOC stickers don't mix
Griffin2020 Offline

Loc: D/FW Metroplex, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by BoarderPhreak:
Wow, you guys need to streamline your operations...

Hey BP, come demonstrate on my X how it is done properly, so that I/we can learn from a master....

------------------
Pains heal,
Chicks dig scars,
and glory lasts forever

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal