2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177002 - 15/02/06 06:58 AM Experienced Tint people???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got my windows done, 20%. It matches great, but I have little pin hole type bubbles, they are tiny, but I can notice them about 6 of them. Also there is a piece of dust in the passenger one. Is this something I should go back and complain about? I got them done when it was raining out, so I was waiting for the rain to stop, and waiting not to touch or put my windows down for the three days. Then I really started to inspect them.

The guy said I might notice a little water, but it will go away...any input?

#177003 - 15/02/06 08:43 AM Re: Experienced Tint people???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've never noticed pinholes since I've had mine done. As for water, yes - after a few days it dried up and all was well. As for the dirt, I'd take it back and have them do the window again and show them the holes while you're there. It shouldn't be doing that.

#177004 - 15/02/06 10:08 AM Re: Experienced Tint people???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Take it back. It's trapped air bubbles and if the tint is still new, they can scrape it out w/ damaging or scratching the tint. The one w/ dust or hair in it, have them redo it.

#177005 - 16/02/06 07:25 PM Re: Experienced Tint people???
Anonymous
Unregistered

The pinholes will go away...I've never owned a vehicle that I didn't have tinted. The first 24 hours will have tiny, tiny bubbles in the tint, but after 48-72 hours they will disappear. The dust, however, is a different story.

#177006 - 11/03/06 10:39 PM Re: Experienced Tint people???
Anonymous
Unregistered

hmm, i've had 4 cars done all by the same shop and they were all perfect when i got them back hours later that same day. I'd give this shop one more try and if not then demand a refund and go to a better one.

#177007 - 12/03/06 10:25 AM Re: Experienced Tint people???
Anonymous
Unregistered

whisky what shop you been going to in Portland as i've been looking to match the front with the rear

#177008 - 12/03/06 10:51 AM Re: Experienced Tint people???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutz:
whisky what shop you been going to in Portland as i've been looking to match the front with the rear
Well it was Quality 1st tinting up in hazel dell in vancouver but recently i drove by there and its something else now. I'm really disappoited because they did 3 of my cars and my moms and it was great work. I worked at a dealer and the boss saw the job they did on the back window of my civic and were so impressed, followed the heater lines exactly. I think the location is what killed them. It was on highway 99 in that big dip.

#177009 - 14/03/06 04:28 PM Re: Experienced Tint people???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just had the 35% tints done on every window except for the windshield, It takes about 3 days for the bubbles to go away and if they are still there, a good place will redo the tints. I have a quick question for everyone also, I have seen quite a few older cars with tints in the rear window that looks like crap, it seems as if the bubbles are trapped under them and you see more bubble than tint, is that due to wear and tear or just a crap job of tinting the rear window??

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal