shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177603 - 05/04/05 06:45 PM Touch-Up Paint
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone have much using the touch-Up paint on their X? I tried it on some scratches on the roof and it just seemed to be very noticeable after I applied it. Sort of blaahby(?)

#177604 - 05/04/05 06:55 PM Re: Touch-Up Paint
Anonymous
Unregistered

try taping masking tape around the spot (I know...its a pain on small spots), then putting the paint on. If you are using the stuff in the bottle with the little brush, dab a little in there and let it sit for about 15 minutes and spread out. Take a Qtip, soak it in water, and spread the goopy paint around until it fills the spot in and bleeds over a little bit on the tape. Then let the paint dry for about an hour (good idea to put something over it so that dirt doesnt stick to the paint...i like paper cups. After the paint has dried for the most part take a wet Qtip again and rub over the paint until it spreads out. I haven't found a way to make it seem dull compared to the rest of the paint (even after using the clear coat stuff in the factory paint pen), but this has been the best method I've tried at getting it to go on evenly. Good luck, and if you figure out anything that works, let me know...I have a few scratches to work on still.

#177605 - 19/04/05 03:37 PM Re: Touch-Up Paint
Anonymous
Unregistered

xterraparts.com had the paint pens, they work pretty well. the problem is the paint will never be the exact match. i have alpine green, but every batch of alpine green that nissan made is gonna be ever so slightly differnt.

The clear coat also helps, the normal touch up paint isn't as shiny as the clear coat, so put the touch up on, then after that dries a couple coats of clear coat touch up makes it less noticeable.

#177606 - 19/04/05 03:53 PM Re: Touch-Up Paint
Anonymous
Unregistered

A good impromptu brush for applying touch up paint is a paper match. Tear the match from the match book and dip the torn end lightly in the paint and apply. Works well when dabbed.

Cheap, too.

#177607 - 21/04/05 05:26 AM Re: Touch-Up Paint
ChrisNYC Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, New Yawk
Try this method, it works!

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=21&t=000464#000000

Afterwards use some Meguires Scratch X to blend in the touched up area and it will look like new.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal