2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177676 - 08/01/07 03:34 PM Question about Crystal Glo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone have any long term, 6 month or a year, experience with Crystal Glo? I've read some pretty great stuff about it here and other places but wanted some feedback before subjecting the X to it.
http://www.crystal-glo.com/
Either that or a "standard" high quality wax recommendation would be helpful. I know I know, why get it shiny when you're just going to get it muddy??? But I'm 90% mall roller and 10% off roader, if that right now.

TIA - Red Savage

#177677 - 10/01/07 02:29 PM Re: Question about Crystal Glo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, Thank-you for posting the wed site!

Never heard of them before, BUT you made me a customer too! I will be getting some soon! .......Thank-you for sharing.....Aloha

#177678 - 11/01/07 12:33 PM Re: Question about Crystal Glo
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I bought my X the dealership a threw in something similar to this, I forget what it was called but was the similar stuff. It is amazing. I regularly wax my vehicles and they do shine more blah blah blah, but this stuff looks like the truck was just painted! I took it back and had it done a year after because it started to wear off.

It is extremely slick so just like it says nothing sticks, it is super easy to wash and it feels like teflon when you touch the paint. The dealership charged me $100 bucks to reapply it last year. I did not see how much this stuff is but I might buy some. It is amazing the shine that somes off this. It is almost like you have 10 coats of clear coat on.

I think this is the same stuff or very similar so it might be worth a try. It definitely kept the bird shit and mud off my truck. Like I said, i have never used this particular product before so...

#177679 - 11/01/07 02:04 PM Re: Question about Crystal Glo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SupaXSE:

It definitely kept the mud off my truck. ...
Why on earth would you want to do that?
laugh

#177680 - 12/01/07 09:05 AM Re: Question about Crystal Glo
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't! [Laughing]

It was a lot easier to wash though. My X was as smooth as glass. I might have it done again because I miss the way it looks.

#177681 - 16/01/07 06:35 PM Re: Question about Crystal Glo
Anonymous
Unregistered

the only problem with doing this is that i cant cover the nasty scratches all over hehe... if you keep your truck clean for a good portion of the time (unlike myself) i would recommend it... its just not for me laugh

#177682 - 24/05/07 07:03 AM Re: Question about Crystal Glo
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, how has it held up?
Is it any good?

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal