2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177937 - 14/04/05 08:47 AM Waxing my Super Black X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am moving to the middle of the Outback, Australia and I know I must keep my Xterra waxed to protect the paint. Got a question though. I've seen lots of black vehicles with those ugly wax circles on their car. What causes that and how can I make sure those circles never attack my Black Beauty?!

#177938 - 14/04/05 09:11 AM Re: Waxing my Super Black X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try this and read the application process. Used it on my super black 04 Took out all the swirl marks in my clear coat.Really nice finish.I'll post picts soon.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
cool

#177939 - 14/04/05 09:22 AM Re: Waxing my Super Black X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperBlackXterra:
I am moving to the middle of the Outback, Australia and I know I must keep my Xterra waxed to protect the paint. Got a question though. I've seen lots of black vehicles with those ugly wax circles on their car. What causes that and how can I make sure those circles never attack my Black Beauty?!
Swirl marks are scratches in the finish. Sometimes these scratches are microscopic in size and only visible in bright light, like direct sunlight or very intense artificial lights. Other swirl marks are very deep and are easily visible in just about any lighting condition.

#177940 - 14/04/05 11:10 AM Re: Waxing my Super Black X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Swirl marks are scratches in the finish. Sometimes these scratches are microscopic in size and only visible in bright light, like direct sunlight or very intense artificial lights. Other swirl marks are very deep and are easily visible in just about any lighting condition.
[ThumbsUp]

So these marks must come from a buffer, right?

#177941 - 14/04/05 11:55 AM Re: Waxing my Super Black X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buffers are the most logical reason for the swirls. Swirls and light scratches can come from a number of other things as well. They can come from automatic car washes, dry dusting your vehicle or just from wiping your hand over a dusty car.

#177942 - 14/04/05 12:28 PM Re: Waxing my Super Black X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys, no swirl marks for me!!! [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal