2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178005 - 16/07/03 01:24 PM Drove through a paint spill, feel my pain........
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know this was discussed several months back but I need someone who understands to feel my pain. eek

Some "A" hole dumped what looked to be a 5 gallon can of paint off of a truck in an intersection. I come wheeling into it from the other side and before I can even tell what it is I have white paint all over the back third of my truck on the drivers side.

On my wheel, on my rail, my moldings are trashed, my mirror got hit and last but not least my rear window looks like a giant bird shit all over it. mad

I scraped the paint off the window with a razor blade and I just picked up a Mothers clay bar kit today, wish me luck!

#178006 - 18/07/03 07:54 PM Re: Drove through a paint spill, feel my pain........
BluRdgX Offline

Loc: Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountain...
Damn...........much luck to ya dude, let us know how it comes out

BRX

#178007 - 18/07/03 08:33 PM Re: Drove through a paint spill, feel my pain........
NetJunkie Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
When you get done put on a good coat of synthetic wax. Next time this happens the job will be MUCH easier. It'll come right off with the clay.

#178008 - 18/07/03 10:08 PM Re: Drove through a paint spill, feel my pain........
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
You should have followed the truck that dumped the paint..make them pay for the paint damage to your truck...happened to a friend of mine, same situation...and he followed the truck, got them to stop and got all their info (fortunatley it was a paint Co.) so they paid to take the paint off his car PLUS offered him a 50% discount to paint his house whenever the time came...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#178009 - 22/07/03 06:38 AM Re: Drove through a paint spill, feel my pain........
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Best of luck to ya...

And did you try the clay bar yet? If so how did it turn out?

#178010 - 29/08/03 10:52 AM Re: Drove through a paint spill, feel my pain........
XisBack Offline

Loc: Monroe, Connecticut
You should try buying a can of "Bumper Stripper" made by SEM. Its designed to remove all refinish material including paint. It will not harm or damage OEM factory finishes. I've used it in the past to remove paint off of my Camaro.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal