shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178107 - 06/08/03 03:24 PM perma plate
Anonymous
Unregistered

i got an extended warantee and it came with a perma plate of the whole car. did anyone else get this? if so, should i still wax and polish the car like every six months?

thank you
conor

#178108 - 07/08/03 09:13 AM Re: perma plate
Bogatyr Offline

Loc: Averill Park NY, USA
boognight,
Well, it looks like since you bought into the "permaplate sytem" you're stuck having to use their "permaplate renewer" or some such. They don't recommend waxing.
Check here for more information.
Bogatyr
1966 Land Rover IIa 109" 35k

#178109 - 07/08/03 09:28 AM Re: perma plate
Anonymous
Unregistered

is the perma plate not a good system?

#178110 - 07/08/03 09:34 AM Re: perma plate
Pumpkinhead Offline

Loc: Canada
It's not that it's not good, it's that it's a wax! Probably comes out of a can, goes on like wax, off like wax. You have to "renew" it every 6 months (i.e. re"wax"). If you use scratch remover, tar remover, etc you have to "renew." So, is is good? Dunno. Is it an expensive wax job? YES!

#178111 - 07/08/03 10:09 AM Re: perma plate
Bogatyr Offline

Loc: Averill Park NY, USA
boognight,
I personally don't have any experience with this product and had never heard about it until you mentioned it. As pumpkinhead mentioned, it's prolly just a wax of some sort, but with a fancier name. It does seem like the company has been in business for a while and it's probably a decent product, I'm just a little leery of anything that the dealer would hock as part of a package.
In any case, you've got it...follow their instructions and keep us all posted on how it works out for you.
Bogatyr
1966 Land Rover IIa 109" 35k

#178112 - 07/08/03 03:46 PM Re: perma plate
Anonymous
Unregistered

if you are curious on how it is or what it is...

im not sure exactly, but they covered the interior and exterior with i think i wax type thing on the outside and a chemical scrub on the inside. since i purchased the car (3 months ago) i have noticed the inside has stayed very clean and easy to pick up small spills. drinks tend to bead rather than soak in, but i think this happens on every new car, so the interior i dont have a feeling one way or the other on yet.. however, the exterior i am happy with so far. it seems to be a very long lasting wax. with my privious cars i would wax them and get that nice soft feeling paint and it would last for like two washes... well with this i have washed it about 6 times already and its still feeling really soft. now this isnt what is really important, but its all i have to report on so far.

so ya know...

conor

thanks for helping out!

#178113 - 07/08/03 06:50 PM Re: perma plate
Anonymous
Unregistered

well my dealer decieved me into purchasing this by saying that a primer had already been applied to the car and the final coats had to be applied. They charged $595 for this "wax". I had some extended warranty problems with the general manager and magically another $400 appeared on top of that $595. When I questioned it, the finance officer said he made a mistake and the PP was really $995. But I had already signed another form for the PP for $595 so they have to account for the extra $400, but thats another story. I am having a small dent fixed and I should have my car back tomorrow. They will be doing my PP application. After doing mega research on this and asking alot of questions. I have determined that I would never have bought it given the opportunity but now that I have it, then Ok, I will just have to maintain it. It comes with a 3 year warranty, they GIVE YOU some of the product and you can renew the finish yourself or take it back to the dealer for them to do it. I was horrified that I was paying for $500 in wax and also have to do it myself. Be sure to read that warranty VERY WELL, If you have a claim, you have to first get approval from SISKIN for the repair and then take it in to get done. They do also mention replacement. So if my seat is stained and they can't clean it, do they replace my whole seat? or get it recovered? Matching fabric? Still many questions. Of course I will have seat covers, so I shouldn't have to worry about that. After calling Siskin, they can't give a price because each dealer sets their own. We called another dealer in our area and they charged $695 for this.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal