shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178531 - 10/06/03 06:01 PM Waxing Problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was waxing my X the other day and accidentally touched the trims and door handle. I scrubbed scrubbed scrubbed and it doesnt seem to fade off! I'm pretty annoyed with it. My car looks shiny new again but i have those white spots on my door handles and on some other areas. I remember seeing this topic couple of weeks ago but i cant find it anymore. Help me! What should i do?

#178532 - 10/06/03 06:22 PM Re: Waxing Problem
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
I've never tried it, but I think some people on this board have used peanut butter to get rid of the haze you are talking about.

Couldn't hurt to try

#178533 - 10/06/03 06:42 PM Re: Waxing Problem
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Dawn dish washing soap in warm water and a old toothbrush.

#178534 - 10/06/03 07:18 PM Re: Waxing Problem
ddubbs77 Offline

Loc: Ohio
80 Grit sandpaper. [Finger]

Just Kidding around.

#178535 - 10/06/03 09:14 PM Re: Waxing Problem
AndThenScottSays... Offline

Loc: Greenville, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
I've never tried it, but I think some people on this board have used peanut butter to get rid of the haze you are talking about.

Couldn't hurt to try
It's true! I had my X waxed at a detail shop a week ago, and noticed wax on the trim.. took it back up there and today watched him remove all of it with peanut butter, the trim looks like new. So it really does work..

#178536 - 11/06/03 09:10 AM Re: Waxing Problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've used palmolive dishwashing fluid and it sorta worked, but about this peanut butter. What do you do? apply a thin layer of peanut butter and sit it for 5 minutes??? Do i scrub with a toothbrush? Post reply please.

#178537 - 11/06/03 09:52 AM Re: Waxing Problem
njs1stlt Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
"Microwave peanut butter, agitate with soft tooth brush... peanut butter dissolves the wax and the abrasiveness of peanut butter lifts stains off"

#178538 - 11/06/03 02:20 PM Re: Waxing Problem
SpenceJT Offline

Loc: Madison WI
Smooth or Chunky style? wink

I've had excellent results with a product from McGuires called "Back to Black". I use it on all plastic trim (it doesn't have to be black), and it eliminates the foggy film bringing back the "like new" look.

#178539 - 12/06/03 09:19 PM Re: Waxing Problem
krispykeith Offline

I have also had great luck with Back to Black. It claims to last "weeks" but I try to detail/wax my truck about once a month and it always seems to stay consistently new looking....even made the previously faded trim look great.

#178540 - 15/06/03 10:06 AM Re: Waxing Problem
cboehl Offline

Loc: Reston, VA, USA
You can also use armorall cleaning wipes. The cleaning wipes will take the wax residue/color right off of the trim.

#178541 - 15/06/03 01:28 PM Re: Waxing Problem
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
WD-40 always works. Back to Black or Armour-All seems to work well to.

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#178542 - 16/06/03 12:06 AM Re: Waxing Problem
XTario Offline

Loc: Canada,QC
Dawn..or any dishwshing soap has HIGH acidity in it..and it will STRIP any wax..excpet Zaino wink
So that would work well...using it with a brush ofcourse to get into that rough door handle texture.

#178543 - 16/06/03 12:45 AM Re: Waxing Problem
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
i also agree with the back to black. you immediately see the results.
when i first used it, my trim, bumper, etc looked shinier than the day i bought it. and after a few weeks when i was washing it again i noticed i didn't even need it.
one warning, don't apply it to the step pads on your sidesteps (if you still have the stocks) as it will make it slippery and pretty much render it useless as a safe step.

#178544 - 19/06/03 06:46 AM Re: Waxing Problem
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Most of the 'OG' members have talked about this and several comments were given... The majority said that peanut butter does the trick, as well as Mother's Back to Black...

I personally use the BB option... I'd apply a nice coat over the door handles and the plastic trim around the air vents/wiper blades area first before applying any wax... That way, when you apply your coat(s) of wax, the trimmings are protected... It's worked for me... Just my .02 cents fellas... Good luck...

- Air B

PS. On a side note, I use the Meguiar's 3 step waxing process twice a year (Spring and Fall seasons)...

#178545 - 19/06/03 07:57 AM Re: Waxing Problem
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by XTario:
excpet Zaino wink
Which is such crap that hopefully you don't have it on your vehicle to begin with.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal