2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179232 - 19/10/01 03:04 PM Puke
Anonymous
Unregistered

I gave a drunk co-worker a ride home last night after a work related schmooz-fest. The guy was hammered and decided to let loose out the window on the highway (65 mph). I didn't realize what he was doing until I felt chunks hitting me.

Long-story-short - I got home and realized I had puke all down the passenger side exterior and all over the interior (wind blew the stuff all the way to the very back DRIVER'S side window). I got as much of it out as I could and went straight to a detail shop this morning to have it steamed, detailed and washed.

That being done - is there anything else I should do? Everything smells like cleaner now, but I'd hate to think of having a vehicle that smells like puke later down the road. This had never happened to me, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

ps. He did pay for the detailing, so he's somewhat redeemed.

#179233 - 19/10/01 04:08 PM Re: Puke
kayak_x Offline

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by goofiefoot:
That being done - is there anything else I should do?

Yeah. Ban your friend from riding in your truck ever again.

#179234 - 19/10/01 09:18 PM Re: Puke
rob in Austin Offline

Loc: the womb of an angry jackal
Quote:
Originally posted by goofiefoot:

That being done - is there anything else I should do?

ps. He did pay for the detailing, so he's somewhat redeemed.

Yeah... buy him a little "hair of the dog" and see if dude's a real man.
laugh

#179235 - 20/10/01 08:30 PM Re: Puke
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, that guy's got a long way to go before he's allowed back in my X. It was kinda fun to see how much he was hating life the next day, though.

I've had the X as open and "aired out" as I can the past two days, and I haven't detected any foul stench, so hopefully I've got it. I really want to avoid "masking" a scent with air fresheners (although, I saw this really cool royal crown-looking freshener at Auto Zone that would look great on the dash :D) I was thinking about stashing a few boxes of baking soda aroun the truck to soak up any remnants. Any other suggestions?

#179236 - 21/10/01 05:56 AM Re: Puke
DGX Factor Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
You should be fine, youre going far beyond what I did and I never had the re haunting of the puke stinch again. Didn't happen in the X, because If it did, I probably wouldnt be typing on this web site, Id be in jail for ASSAULT AND BATTERY....

#179237 - 21/10/01 09:49 AM Re: Puke
ChrisNYC Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, New Yawk
I have been told that Fabreeze works real good to deodorize upholstery that has been puked upon. There have been rumors that this product is harmful for pets, but I think they are just rumors. Check for any warnings on the bottle if you have pets.

#179238 - 21/10/01 04:04 PM Re: Puke
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Not lashing out at you, but the idiotic rumor in the first place...
Ah geez, that rumor still has life?!? Absolute bullshit, debunked long ago. Seen the commerical lately where they have a dog going around the house spraying all the stuff the human's can't smell?

Febreeze statement about pet safety.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#179239 - 21/10/01 07:31 PM Re: Puke
ChrisNYC Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, New Yawk
Yeah, I thought so. I just didn't want to be the one saying the product was ok for animals without anything to back it up. Thanks for the info.

#179240 - 22/10/01 06:46 AM Re: Puke
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Get a can of ScotchGard(TM) and hose down the interior so that the next time, it'll come out real simple like.

As for your friend, kick him in the 'nads.

#179241 - 22/10/01 07:20 AM Re: Puke
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, ya'll. I may buy a bottle of Febrezer if the smell comes back. I appreciate the help.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal