2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179516 - 15/11/03 07:21 PM air foil on roof
Anonymous
Unregistered

when washing and waxing our x the other day i took off the basket and the air foil off of the roof cause there was several leaves packed in and they wouldnt hose out.... but what i noticed was disturbing the plastic trim which hooks on the underside of the air foil .... they put that clear plastic tape on the roof to protect that small area but that trim is about an inch wide so it is wearing into the paint in a little strip all across the roof(any way wax wouldnt clean it up) any one else have to deal with this...i thought about taking it to the body shop and having more of that tape put on it

#179517 - 15/11/03 07:51 PM Re: air foil on roof
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
I find that on my 03 that the tape does an fine job of protecting the paint. Maybe yours is placed off center or maybe it was defective tape.

#179518 - 15/11/03 08:39 PM Re: air foil on roof
Anonymous
Unregistered

no the tape and the foil are placed correctly but back where the trim snaps in it doesnt even touch the car but it must vibrate from the wind and leaving the marks that way. i doesnt mark all the way across just in about 3 places about 6 inches long each

#179519 - 16/11/03 03:47 PM Re: air foil on roof
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
This keeps from wearing the paint exactly as stated! Otherewise the rubber milding on the deflector would eat a hole in the paint! There are three year old threads on this if you search!

-Rick

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal