2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179637 - 20/10/03 07:41 PM aluminum step rails
Anonymous
Unregistered

has any one else had trouble with the paint coming off the bottom of the step rails????? also i was thinking of having bed liner sprayed on the bottom of the rocer panels i just waxed it and i noticed some rock chips its a black x so these show up white is this the rock guard paint underneath???? is this stuff pretty durable or should i coat them with something

#179638 - 20/10/03 07:48 PM Re: aluminum step rails
Pumpkinhead Offline

Loc: Canada
Common. Warranty replacement, no questions asked. It's an adhesion problem. Got new ones in about 4 days at my dealership.

#179639 - 20/10/03 07:59 PM Re: aluminum step rails
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's very durable for daily driving on and off road, four seasons a year. Engineered to be tough.

If however your intentions are to drive wildly through brush and boulder strewn fields, you'll want armor(light)-liquid liner, light guards, and (heavy)- sliders,skid plates, and steel bumpers. More than likely pinstriping will no longer be of concern to you either. laugh

XOC encourages use of the search function too Larry. Welcome aboard

:rolleyes: I'm also pretty sure XOC does NOT encourage driving wildly through brush and boulder strewn fields...

edit to add- as you can clearly see this pumpkinhead fellow and myself do not agree on this. I've owned/driven several Datsun/Nissan cars and not all but most have had this protection on their rocker panels. Perhaps Mr. Head got a friday batch of this coating. I don't know of any other circumstance where this adhesion problem's occured.

#179640 - 21/10/03 07:05 AM Re: aluminum step rails
Anonymous
Unregistered

so what your telling me that the rock guard stuff that they put under the paint on the rockers(even though the black has chips in it) is good stuff and rust shouldnt be an issue

#179641 - 21/10/03 11:04 AM Re: aluminum step rails
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
...rust is always an issue.

dave and xtoy - nissuck and datsun are famous for it

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal