shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180263 - 18/06/03 07:29 AM Spilled Gas in truck
Anonymous
Unregistered

I accidentally spilled gas on the carpet liner in the back of my X now it stinks (there goes the new car smell). I saw a couple of posts about using Consan Triple Action and Nilodor. But, they referred to pet odors. Does anyone know if these might work on the gas smell?

Thanks for the help...

#180264 - 18/06/03 08:40 AM Re: Spilled Gas in truck
Pumpkinhead Offline

Loc: Canada
Smell for smell, you've got your hands full. Vinegar may neutralize the noxious gas odor, but then you'll live with vinegar smell until you get rid of that. However, the gas smell is overpowering, while vinegar just reminds you of french fries (in Canada at least). OR, cut out the carpet ASAP, let the truck air out and deal with getting a new liner.

At the end of the day, you'll have a hell of a time getting rid of the gas smell - OK, gasoline smell for all you wiseasses out there wink

#180265 - 18/06/03 10:42 AM Re: Spilled Gas in truck
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
No need to cut the carpet out, it is only held in place at the frontmost end by several plastic grommet-like caps that pop right off. They're pretty hard to get to under the bottoms of the rear seatbacks. I've actually had several of mine go missing at some point, bought a few at $.10 each to replace a couple months back.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#180266 - 18/06/03 11:06 AM Re: Spilled Gas in truck
Anonymous
Unregistered

during lunch, i visited my local Target and purchased an Arm & Hammer foaming rug deodorizer, Citrus Scent. I don't smell gas anymore...then again, i don't smell 'new car' anymore either...come to think of it, all i can think of right now is...Fruit Loops...strange...

when i get home, i'll try renting a carpet cleaner/steamer and see how that works...

Thanks

#180267 - 07/07/03 01:07 PM Re: Spilled Gas in truck
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
I Pm'd you about using CONSANs....Should be good to go for the gas fumes/smell. It worked for me on a deisel spill in my previous SUV cargo area carpet.

[Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal